Myers stat line for the last 7 games

LabattBlue

Third in rookie scoring. # 1 in assists. #1 in minutes per game. Not bad for a 20 year blue-liner. Is there even Calder race at this point?

The Calder Cup race was over the day he stepped on the ice. In every city I have heard an out-of-town broadcast, they gush over this guy. He's gets unlimited PR. It's a self fulfilling prophecy..

Third in rookie scoring. # 1 in assists. #1 in minutes per game. Not bad for a 20 year blue-liner. Is there even Calder race at this point?

There shouldn't be. He should even get a little mention for Norris, not that he should win it, but at least a discussion about it.

Tyler is also third on the Sabres in +/- at +13 while playing against the other teams' top lines. Ridiculous for a rookie d-man. Right now he is second in rookie +/- behind Cody Franson (+14) of the Preds. But, Franson never sees the ice against opponents' top lines... Weber and Suter get those minutes.

There shouldn't be. He should even get a little mention for Norris, not that he should win it, but at least a discussion about it.

I think the 09-10 Sabres have a shot at Rookie of Year, Norris, MVP, and Vezina. How's THAT for a statement?? :thumbsup:

Now if we only had forward lines that showed up for 75% of our games.

watching him live last night he makes few mistakes and seems to do a great job of clogging center ice during penalty kill. Now if Darcy could find another like this we be set. For a big guy he moves well and his skating is fluid. His puck handling seems better every day and his puck sense is one of those rare gifts some players have.

Tyler is also third on the Sabres in +/- at +13 while playing against the other teams' top lines. Ridiculous for a rookie d-man. Right now he is second in rookie +/- behind Cody Franson (+14) of the Preds. But, Franson never sees the ice against opponents' top lines... Weber and Suter get those minutes.

Just curious where you found this stat?

I think the 09-10 Sabres have a shot at Rookie of Year, Norris, MVP, and Vezina. How's THAT for a statement?? :thumbsup:

They have no shot at the Norris. There's still an outside shot for the Jennings, but that one's not looking good at this point.

Screw the rest. I want the Cup and the Conn Smythe (someone else can have the Conn Smythe if they really have to).

Nah, not the Norris. I predict Myers will win a couple Norris Trophies in his career, but not his rookie season. As of right now, Myers wins the Calder and Miller wins the Vezina.

As for MVP, it depends on your definition. Miller has probably had the most profoundly positive effect on his team's winning %. But the award tends to go toward the most outstanding player, not the most valuable. As of right now, Ovechkin wins with Sedin in 2nd and Miller 3rd.

Nah, not the Norris. I predict Myers will win a couple Norris Trophies in his career, but not his rookie season. As of right now, Myers wins the Calder and Miller wins the Vezina.

As for MVP, it depends on your definition. Miller has probably had the most profoundly positive effect on his team's winning %. But the award tends to go toward the most outstanding player, not the most valuable. As of right now, Ovechkin wins with Sedin in 2nd and Miller 3rd.

You guys are right, of course, on the Norris. I was mostly being a little controversial on that one. But the fact we can at least argue on the other 3 on behalf of Myers and Miller (the M&M boys for short) goes to show you how woeful the Sabres offense is to not be at the top of the NHL standings!

They have no shot at the Norris. There's still an outside shot for the Jennings, but that one's not looking good at this point.

Screw the rest. I want the Cup and the Conn Smythe (someone else can have the Conn Smythe if they really have to).

I agree a Cup is what I want so I dont have to ever see a sign at the RBC that says u got wings we got rings ARRRGGGGHHHHHH

The Calder Cup race was over the day he stepped on the ice. In every city I have heard an out-of-town broadcast, they gush over this guy. He's gets unlimited PR. It's a self fulfilling prophecy..

I can 2nd that, the whole hockey nation has its eyes on this kid and he's just getting started.

I can 2nd that, the whole hockey nation has its eyes on this kid and he's just getting started.

Also has the 3rd highest shooting percentage of any defenseman in the league and his 41 points rank him 12th for defensemen(and 3 ahead of Soupy!) This kid has virtually unlimited potential. Could be an all-time great for the Sabres...

I misunderstood. I thought the stat somehow broke down +/- while looking at the lines opponents are going up against.

I have a link to a site that does that. Unfortunately it's on the infected computer. Still haven't had time to fix it.

And he's been PILING on the minutes. 28 minutes last game, 26 minutes this game. :thumbsup:

This kid is incredible.

Can you imagine how freaking awesome this kid would be if he didn't have that jackass Lindy for a coach?

Archived