GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

So Staal didn't interfere on Tallinder when he bowled him over by the side of the net, when the puck was nowhere in sight?

Hmm, interesting.

Considering it was back to back games in under 24 hours the energy the Sabres showed in the first 2 periods was awesome in my opinion. Maybe not so much in the 3rd, but I'm sure the 3 goal lead had something to do with it.

Tallinder played a whale of a game tonight and Myers is just an amazing specimen to be so big and skate so well. Having NHL Ice I've listened to allot of commentary from our opposition and folks around the country just rant and rave about big Tyler Myers and our superstar goalie Ryan Miller.

Loved Kennedy's legs right off the hop. Helped set the tone. And this had to be Montador's best game in a long, long time.

Montador has really been playing well as of late, he made one of the biggest plays of the game early on when we only had a one goal lead. :thumbsup:

Magic number time:

Playoffs (no ties): 8 points

Division (no ties): 12 points

Who'd thunk it. Ottawa surging going into Olympic break, wrestle point lead away from Sabres. Now, Sabres have a 9 point lead with still a game in hand with just 11 to play.

Miller is playing great again so it is definitely the game to start lalime. Being 7 points up and games in hand, you don't even dream of putting Miller in tonight. He is at his best when rested and he will need this game as well as two others to get ready for playoff push.

Well, I guess I was wrong. Just split the Wednesday Friday games and I'll be happy.

so was driving from DC to Pittsburgh for this game, only feed on XM was Carolina radio. OMFG, was that just awful. Let me say I am no huge fan on of RJ, liked him a lot more 20 yrs ago when he did not think he was the show...but the Carolina broadcast reminded me of AA baseball. Only one guy throughout the whole game, yes he even handled intermission. First intermission he read from an ESPN the Mag about the evolution of the hockey stick.2nd intermission was emails from fans asking about clarity on icing etc. Its no wonder hockey doesn't take off in non traditional markets when they treat their fans like buffoons.

Also, he kept pronouncing Rivet like Re-Vunh, like he was trying to hard to impart a French accent on the name.

so was driving from DC to Pittsburgh for this game, only feed on XM was Carolina radio. OMFG, was that just awful. Let me say I am no huge fan on of RJ, liked him a lot more 20 yrs ago when he did not think he was the show...but the Carolina broadcast reminded me of AA baseball. Only one guy throughout the whole game, yes he even handled intermission. First intermission he read from an ESPN the Mag about the evolution of the hockey stick.2nd intermission was emails from fans asking about clarity on icing etc. Its no wonder hockey doesn't take off in non traditional markets when they treat their fans like buffoons.

Also, he kept pronouncing Rivet like Re-Vunh, like he was trying to hard to impart a French accent on the name.

Must have been Chuck Kaiton, one of the all time greats. In the HOF, I believe. But certainly an acquired taste with a somewhat bizarre way of calling games.

I'm fine with explaining the rules to fans. The rule book is tricky. Even in a hockey market like Buffalo, I bet half the fans would flunk a rules quiz.

Must have been Chuck Kaiton, one of the all time greats. In the HOF, I believe. But certainly an acquired taste with a somewhat bizarre way of calling games.

I'm fine with explaining the rules to fans. The rule book is tricky. Even in a hockey market like Buffalo, I bet half the fans would flunk a rules quiz.

The rules are simple. If a call goes for your team, it's great. If a call goes against your team, the ref has no idea what he's doing.

Don't you already have a thread on that?

Anyway. Nice win. Great 40 minutes of hockey, there. Fortunately, the Sabs didn't need the last 20. Even more fortunately, 9 points up in the division. We're going to see some late April hockey this year!

That was him, and yes a bizarre way of calling games to say the least!!!

Oh, and this thread--especially starting on page 2--just makes watching the win so much more fun. Look, I know some Buffalo fans can be a-holes, as fans of any team can be. But these complaints either seem petty or made-up.

Yep. These are easily the thinnest skinned fans in the league. And all this hate stems from a 2006 series that their team fuggin WON!

I love how all these Canes fans like to deride us with slugs/buffaslugs and all it's permutations. I hate that logo as much as any self respecting Sabres fan does, but I'm going to enjoy when they don't have that to fall back on come next season. Honestly, if we're going to use jerseys/logos as a measuring stick, then Canes fans really don't have a leg to stand on with that abortion of a jersey that they wear.

That was him, and yes a bizarre way of calling games to say the least!!!

Half the time, I can't even understand what he's saying. [sighs] Well, at least he's better than some of the other ones out there like Mike Lange.

Oh, and this thread-

I liked this one:

Are there that many Buffalo exiles living in the Triangle, or did half an arena's worth of Slugfans drive down for the day? It's the only time I've ever heard cheers for the opponent not get drowned out by "LET'S GO CANES!"

I ... have spent five games in 111, row S. I think row T has been occupied at every one of those games by fans of the opponent. Today's Slugfans in those seats were polite and well-behaved. When Miller made a good save, they chanted "U-S-A! U-S-A!" - and who's going to argue with that? I did see a Slugfan a couple of sections over standing and waving his middle finger in every direction after our last goal, but all in all I witnessed considerably less Slugslime today than I've seen in the past.

John

Zounds!

Archived