Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

It hurts to see it, but there's a lot to like: USA wasn't picked by anyone to do anything, let alone win their pool or make the Gold Medal game; Miller was phenomenal throughout the tourney; and there are a lot of good young players on Team USA, so the future looks good for Team USA. As much as I hate to say it, there's no shame in losing to the world's best hockey program. Oh, and the game didn't go to a frigging shootout.

Honestly, I feel like if this wasn't a home game for Canada, i.e. if it was played on neutral ice, I think USA would have won. But, it was a great effort by our guys. Maybe one or two players short of what we needed. Four years from now, lets do this again! Got quite a rivalry going with Canada between men's, women's and junior hockey.

Good effort by the USA. Unfortunately the best goalie in the tourny chose a bad time to let in a stinker.

Hopefully he can shake this off when he returns to Buffalo.

Awesome game!!

Now that u have your gold root for your closest canadien team.... :nana:

yeah that was a stinker from Ryan.

But, you know, Rafalski was the real stinker...he let Cindy go at the boards and walk right in on Miller.

I'm blaming the ref. Crosby was trying to circle the puck back to the point but it got caught in the refs skates and went into the corner instead.

It won't end his career, but he was in a funk before the tourny and I hope he can re-focus back in Buffalo. It's not that much of a stretch.

I was, of course, kidding.

Funk before the Olympics? The kid played out of his mind for two weeks, and you say tsk tsk a bad goal-- I hpe he feels OK in the morning. What an A#$.

And it was not a particularly bad goal. He made an aggressive play on the puck and Crosby just beat him. If you think that was a "soft goal," you are just wrong.

I was, of course, kidding.

Funk before the Olympics? The kid played out of his mind for two weeks, and you say tsk tsk a bad goal-- I hpe he feels OK in the morning. What an A#$.

And it was not a particularly bad goal. He made an aggressive play on the puck and Crosby just beat him. If you think that was a "soft goal," you are just wrong.

Dave, if that's a Sabres game, I'm pissed. That is not a good goal. Seriously, that is not a good goal. Period. Miller was awesome but I'm glad he let that one in. I just know from his past, he's got serious mental focus and he's had lapses before. I hope he can shake this off because I want the Sabres in the playoffs. And I know he can carry them all the way if they get in.

Archived