GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

nfreeman

Already 10:24 AM and no one has started the GDT? I guess everyone is too giddy about Chan Gailey.

(Holy mackarel. I can't believe Ralph is really going to hire that loser. Why didn't he just keep Jauron?)

The Ducks are 6 pts out of the playoffs but have won 6 out of 7. Hiller has been the starter in all 7 of those games. Perry has 47 pts in 49 games; Getzlaf has 46 pts in 45 games. They have 3 defensemen averaging 24+ minutes each (Niedermayer, Whitney & Wisniewski); the rest average 17 minutes or less.

This will be a real test for the Sabres. The Ducks are playing well and are pressing to get back into the playoff picture. The Sabres finally put together a good 60-minute effort last night, but are playing a non-playoff team in a back-to-back game and will likely go with Lalime. There are lots of indicators for a letdown game.

Of course, if the Sabres can get a win, that will be 7 out of a possible 8 points in the 1st 4 games of the roadie.

Current 8 game home winning streak for the Ducks -- getting a point or two out of this one would be huge.

Another full 60-minute effort like yesterday is required. Plus today will be much more physical and more hits will be laid out. Hoping to pick up at least a point here.

Go Sabres! :ph34r:

If the Sabres moved like they did last night, they can bypass the physical play the Ducks like to bring.

However, Buffalo will be tired from last night; they put up a full 60 minutes. They need to score that first goal quick and dictate the flow of the game early on.

They'll either need to suck it up and skate like the wind, or fall into a very physical, grinding game against Anaheim. Assuming the Sabres are tired from last night, it'd be in their best interest to avoid a physical match up against the Ducks. They need to move their legs and skate circles around Anaheim.

The Sabres should also be sure to crowd the crease and make things difficult for the Ducks goalie. Without Pronger, the Ducks don't have that dominant physical dman to clear things up in the crease. The Sabres need to expose this weakness.

Buffalo played one of their best games of the season last night. Here's hoping they continue playing like that. :thumbsup:

The Sabres should also be sure to crowd the crease and make things difficult for the Ducks goalie. Without Pronger, the Ducks don't have that dominant physical dman to clear things up in the crease. The Sabres need to expose this weakness.

Yes, because Niedermeyer is chopped liver. :rolleyes:

Don't forget, that Getzlaf-Ryan-Perry trio is fast, physical and accurate - we'll have a helluva time keeping them out of mischief.

Another full 60-minute effort like yesterday is required. Plus today will be much more physical and more hits will be laid out. Hoping to pick up at least a point here.

Go Sabres! :ph34r:

That, that and that.

Here's to hoping Lalime plays tonight like he did against the Pens a couple weeks back.

I do not expect a high scoring affair but something along the lines of the 3-2 variety... Once again I do not care how 1-0 or 3-2 just win baby.

Go sabres!

The Sabres actually get another hour to sleep in plus the game starts 5 hours later if my math is right. They should be able to have gotten into their hotel and chilled. So really they won't have to much excuses.

5 hours?? game started at 500pm Phoenix time and tonights game is at 700pm local time.

5 hours?? game started at 500pm Phoenix time and tonights game is at 700pm local time.

There is an hour difference in time zones correct? Also the game in Phoenix started at 7pm local -an hour. The Game tonight starts at 10pm. That in itself is three hours. So four hours difference not five..

There is an hour difference in time zones correct? Also the game in Phoenix started at 7pm local -an hour. The Game tonight starts at 10pm. That in itself is three hours. So four hours difference not five..

Uh,.. when the game started yesterday, the little hand was on the 7 on my clock. Tonight when the game starts the little hand will be on the 10. I think that is three hours. ;)

5pm Phoenix is 4pm LA. Game tonight is 7 pm LA time. 3 hours?

All indicators are in place for this to be a bad game for the Sabres:

back-to-back night games with travel

physical team

big goal scoring output previous night

major point streak underway

struggling team fighting for a playoff spot

traditionally tough opponent

backup goal tender

fourth straight road game

so I'm predicting a GREAT Buffalo game tonight.. Call me crazy because there is no way Buffalo should compete in this game, but they will. I'll go with 3-2 OT win in a thriller.

All indicators are in place for this to be a bad game for the Sabres:

back-to-back night games with travel

physical team

big goal scoring output previous night

major point streak underway

struggling team fighting for a playoff spot

traditionally tough opponent

backup goal tender

fourth straight road game

JFSAG, here are the goal totals for the game after the Sabres score at least six goals, post Drury/Briere, through this season.

--

---

That's nine of 17 games where the Sabres followed up with two or fewer goals. I always fear what the hockey gods have in store the next game when you "run up the score."

Archived