GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

nfreeman

My first GDT of the new decade. I'd like to see the Sabres come out to a much stronger start than they did against the Islanders. I'd also like to see more shifts for Kaleta and a pulse from Vanek. Phoenix is not a pushover any more. They are tied for 4th in the WC and Bryzgalov has just one win less than Miller does.

Bryzgalov is playing out of his mind this season. Coyotes are a young team, i've seen them a few times on center ice, these guys can skate. If the Sabres show up flat like they did against the Isles, they will put us away. Should be a entertaining game if the Sabres show up. They have scored 10 goals in the last two games.

Bryzgalov is playing out of his mind this season. Coyotes are a young team, i've seen them a few times on center ice, these guys can skate. If the Sabres show up flat like they did against the Isles, they will put us away. Should be a entertaining game if the Sabres show up. They have scored 10 goals in the last two games.

Phoenix is even worse at scoring than Buffalo. They're 20th in the league.

Wow...looks like there was some serious remodeling here over the weekend. Anyway, Sabres must be able to get up for this game knowing there may be fewer than 3,000 people in the 18,000 seat arena.

And likely 50% of them will be sabres fans. Looked that way against the Thrashers also.

I bet this one goes to OT tied at zero.

I'm thinking five goals tonight. Looking at their scoring trend, they're due for a breakout game this one or the next. They put a fin up every four or five games.

Buffalo 5 -- Yotes 2

I'm thinking five goals tonight. Looking at their scoring trend, they're due for a breakout game this one or the next. They put a fin up every four or five games.

Buffalo 5 -- Yotes 2

I'll take the 1 to 0 victory in reg, ot or so. I would like the Sabres to save the 4 or 5 goal games for the Kings, Ducks and Sharks, there going to need them.

Bryzgalov is playing out of his mind this season.

He was, but in the six games that he's started in 2010, he's posted a 3.98 GAA and a 0.872 S%. He let in three or more in each of them (including one where he was pulled halfway through) and four goals in four of them.

Of course, on the flip side, they scored four or more in four of those, winning three and losing one in OT. In the two that they lost, though, they scored a combined one goal.

He was, but in the six games that he's started in 2010, he's posted a 3.98 GAA and a 0.872 S%. He let in three or more in each of them (including one where he was pulled halfway through) and four goals in four of them.

Of course, on the flip side, they scored four or more in four of those, winning three and losing one in OT. In the two that they lost, though, they scored a combined one goal.

I see us playing the trap for at least the first two periods.. Lindy would rather this be a 1-0/2-1 game than a shootout.

What is Miller meaning by this comment???

"I'm not going to be banging my head off the wall too hard. I set those guys up pretty well," said Miller, who stopped 36 shots prior to the shootout. "From my perspective they were fortunate to get a puck by me."

I don't get it. Anyone?

What is Miller meaning by this comment???

"I'm not going to be banging my head off the wall too hard. I set those guys up pretty well," said Miller, who stopped 36 shots prior to the shootout. "From my perspective they were fortunate to get a puck by me."

I don't get it. Anyone?

I think what he is saying is that he showed his hand and committed too early on their shootout goals. Usually he is very good at being patient, but he did seem to commit very early on some of those shots.

Ottawa pounded Boston and NYI Isles beating NJ 4-0 after 2.

2 Points tonight gives Buffalo 1st in Eastern Conf tonight, tied with Wash but one game in hand.

Buffalo would be 12 points better than Boston, with one in hand and 12 points better than Ottawa with three in hand.

Take two tonight and Buffalo IS THE BEAST IN THE EAST...

Archived