GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

nfreeman

He's much better today than Saturday against the Isles

MUCH better. It's like night and day. This is actually better than tolerable tonight. Of course, there's a lot more action, making it overall more exciting, but one would think that makes his job tougher in certain ways.

And now Hecht is in on the act! This is a great game.

I like Sylvester. He's got his own style, calls the game well, reflects the excitement of the play, and doesn't try to out-RJ RJ.

Sylvester is doing a far better job this season than last season in the PBP chair. We might be hearing the "future" in the MSG broadcast tonight.

Anyway, nice turn-around for the Sabres tonight. They look calm and confident with only short lapses in their play. Rivet doesn't look too hot, if anyone deserves criticism this game so far it's him.

I don't want to "hog" the board, so I just wanna say two things, really quickly...

1) Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome. :beer: Here's to you. I have always been a "suffering in silence" Buffalo Sports fan. This year feeling a little different. And sharing this experience really made it worthwhile to get up so early. I definitely don't regret it.

2) Since I am hoping to go straight back to bed and catch an hour or two of sleep after the game, I won't be able to celebrate with the rest of you. I apologize in advance. Thank you all (in advance) for making this so much fun for me. :D

The one game I am missing and they are crushing the opposition!!! Arrrgggghhhh!!

Its not like you're missing highlight reel goals. The odd part is that they are playing such a great complete game that the only explanation is that they're being rewarded for their efforts.

I don't want to "hog" the board, so I just wanna say two things, really quickly...

1) Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome. :beer: Here's to you. I have always been a "suffering in silence" Buffalo Sports fan. This year feeling a little different. And sharing this experience really made it worthwhile get up so early. I definitely don't regret it.

2) Since I am hoping to go straight back to bed and catch an hour or two of sleep after the game, I won't be able to celebrate with the rest of you. I apologize in advance. Thank you all (in advance) for making this so much fun for me. :D

Late to the board myself, from one newbie to another welcome and thank you so much for your service and sacrifices.

The one other thing I'll say about Sylvester: It is apparent that RJ and Harry are good friends off the ice, but somehow that doesn't gel when they're doing games. They seem to step on each others' toes a lot. But Kevin and Harry seem to naturally work better together.

Vanek has looked really good as a set up man tonight. He put the puck right on Myers' stick three times for a point blank chance

Hopefully this helps his confidence moving forward.

I think the confidence thing is more of an issue with the fans that with Vanek. Would he like to score? Of course. But the way he's playing right now I'll take the goals he's setting up and not worry about the ones he's not scoring. To have him on a line and Connolly on a line and Roy on a line and... even Mair on a line and I think you've got good set-up men on each line.

Also, involving the D-men in the offensive zone is paying off royally.

The one other thing I'll say about Sylvester: It is apparent that RJ and Harry are good friends off the ice, but somehow that doesn't gel when they're doing games. They seem to step on each others' toes a lot. But Kevin and Harry seem to naturally work better together.

DING!DING! We have a winner! I've never liked Harry in the booth with the incomparable RJ. I think Jim Lorentz and RJ were the best combination of play-by-play talent and "insider" knowledge of the game. I miss them working together.

Only thing I don't like about KS is that he gets equally excitable by opponents' goals as SABRE Goals. What can I say - I'm a homer for the Buffalo Sabres!!! :lol:

Vanek gets a goal on a 3 on 1.. I guess he didn't want to cede the team goal leader to Pominville

5000 posts :worthy: Glad it happened on a goal too...

Buffalo: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Yotes: :censored:

Probably the only guy who isn't as pleased as most of us is Tim Kennedy. If they keep up this standard of play it might be a while before he gets back in the lineup...

Hey! Vanek! Is this where the hot streak starts?

DING!DING! We have a winner! I've never liked Harry in the booth with the incomparable RJ. I think Jim Lorentz and RJ were the best combination of play-by-play talent and "insider" knowledge of the game. I miss them working together.

Only thing I don't like about KS is that he gets equally excitable by opponents' goals as SABRE Goals. What can I say - I'm a homer for the Buffalo Sabres!!! :lol:

Me too.

And did anyone just see Vanek swear at himself after he just scored?

Archived