Ask Bill Hoppe... v1.0

SDS

• 2 weeks later...

Bill is trying to work his way back over to the thread... He apologizes for the absence.

In the meantime, Twitter types can follow him at: @BillHoppeSabres

Come back Bill.

Ended up on Josh Cribbs' Tweet page. Someone posted this: "My son already trynna take the car for a spin...lol"

Trynna=Trying to?

Lindy on Lydman and Montador:

"I’m looking at them as having a good strong game for us. Both players (were) very upset with not playing. At the same time, we went on a run where we were undefeated in a good period of games and they were a big part of it for us."

Lindy on Kennedy:

"He’s a young guy and falls in that category where right now Matty’s been a little bit better. He’ll be back in again. His effort in the game was good against Jersey. It has nothing to do about effort. Now he’s just going to sit in a little bit of a rotation. You look where Adam Mair was at months ago, and look where he’s at now. Things change in a hurry."

Lindy on rotating the spare forward:

"The way Matty Ellis has played it’s really tough to keep him out of the lineup. We’ll have to just rotate a couple of guys and keep everybody going, because, if you look at it, he deserves just on work ethic alone to be in the lineup every night. And he’s made a difference. He was one of our better players in Vancouver. His effort again, even in the Jersey game, was excellent. He’s making it hard on other players."

great stuff! I really appreciate having your updates Bill its nice to have an insider.

In your honest opinion what are the odds taht Darcy makes a move to add some scoring prior to the deadline. Ray Whitney in Carolina is looking awfully tempting and it appears as if teams like Pittsburgh may be interested. Could Darcy concievably kill two birds with one stone by adding a player like Ray and keeping potential playoff opponets from being able to add him?

Hi Bill,

My question is when will the NHL go back to the home team wearing white and the away team wearing dark? I'm not sure why they started doing this in the first place, but it seems this dumb experiment should have ended long ago...?

Thanks!

jz

I've heard a couple of things about this. Let me try to ask around to get a definitive answer. I think it's suppose to end in a few years. Reebok might call the shots on it.

Bill, I realize this is a pretty stupid question, but, i assume you sit in the press box at HSBC Arena? I always wondered, how many media people come to games to report on the Sabres? I mean, whenever i go to a game I look up and check it out but it's too hard for me too tell if their reporters or just staff sitting in one of those spots. I always wondered just how many press people go to games?

On that note, how many go to practices?

Sorry if it's dumb, i know it has absolutely nothing to do with the team or your job but for some odd reason I always wondered about that.

Thanks in advance.

Bill, I realize this is a pretty stupid question, but, i assume you sit in the press box at HSBC Arena? I always wondered, how many media people come to games to report on the Sabres? I mean, whenever i go to a game I look up and check it out but it's too hard for me too tell if their reporters or just staff sitting in one of those spots. I always wondered just how many press people go to games?

On that note, how many go to practices?

Sorry if it's dumb, i know it has absolutely nothing to do with the team or your job but for some odd reason I always wondered about that.

Thanks in advance.

How many people in the press box actually report on the game? I'd say maybe 20 or so. That includes print, TV and radio covering both teams. Practice varies wildly. Some days there maybe eight or so. Other days it's just a few. Once I was the only one there.

How many people in the press box actually report on the game? I'd say maybe 20 or so. That includes print, TV and radio covering both teams. Practice varies wildly. Some days there maybe eight or so. Other days it's just a few. Once I was the only one there.

How's the spread? You should find a way to cover a game in Boston. I've heard good things. We're talking prime rib.

Bill.. will you be at practice today morning (Tuesday)? I'd love to hear what Ruff has to say to the boys after last night's fiasco, and how he has them prepping for the Sens tomorrow.

On WGR this morning, he said he's going to address Ottawa's domination with the team. Great idea. Since the team isn't aware of it. These players need answers from the coaching staff right now. Not more ideas planted in their hands by Lindy Downer. Asked before last night's game what he was going to miss about the Igloo, Lindy said, "Nothing!" People will say his comments to the media don't matter. If the players don't hear them, true. But I can just imagine Lindy sitting on the plane, sitting on the bus, sitting at team meals, regaling everyone with woeful tales of past problems in that building.

On WGR this morning, he said he's going to address Ottawa's domination with the team. Great idea. Since the team isn't aware of it. These players need answers from the coaching staff right now. Not more ideas planted in their hands by Lindy Downer. Asked before last night's game what he was going to miss about the Igloo, Lindy said, "Nothing!" People will say his comments to the media don't matter. If the players don't hear them, true. But I can just imagine Lindy sitting on the plane, sitting on the bus, sitting at team meals, regaling everyone with woeful tales of past problems in that building.

have you ever heard Belicheck, Scotty Bowman, et al? They all sound like miserable SOB's. It goes with the job and has no effect at all on how their players play.

Archived