Ask Bill Hoppe... v1.0

SDS

Do teams place any restrictions on what reporters can write during a game -- whether it's a "blog" or Twitter or whatever? Do you think teams worry about fans leaving TV and radio broadcasts to follow the games online? There was a recent story about Sabres TV ratings being down this season.

I don't think broadcasters can blog during games. I really don't know of any restrictions. The NCAA, however, is REALLY strict.

I don't think broadcasters can blog during games. I really don't know of any restrictions. The NCAA, however, is REALLY strict.

Is there a difference between a blog and a live chat? I know people who were running one of those during the frozen four games last week directly from Ford Field.

Now you want to issue IQ points for goals? No one said any of these guys are MENSA candidates. If he can score 40 a year, then let him become more spastic and less confident.

Vanek has produced more efficiently than Ovechkin has, when considering ice time.

how about shots??????????????????????????????/.. Lack of a pp goals vrs???????????????????vrs the russinas pp goals on the washington PP.

Marty Biron on GR right now.

He's been on just about every day at ten. Always so entertaining to listen to. Someone will ask him a question, and he'll start answering it, and then break off into that Faulknerian stream of consciousness thing that he does so well. Combine that with the voice and the accent, and it's almost too much.

He's been on just about every day at ten. Always so entertaining to listen to. Someone will ask him a question, and he'll start answering it, and then break off into that Faulknerian stream of consciousness thing that he does so well. Combine that with the voice and the accent, and it's almost too much.

Please make it a full time gig the day he retires. I'd start listening.

An extremely annoying voice and personality. Only in Buffalo is Lindy a coaching legend and Marty a really cool guy. This can mean only one thing. After Lindy is run over by a bus in 2022, Marty will take over for a 35-year stint as head coach.

An extremely annoying voice and personality. Only in Buffalo is Lindy a coaching legend and Marty a really cool guy. This can mean only one thing. After Lindy is run over by a bus in 2022, Marty will take over for a 35-year stint as head coach.

Could his power play be any worse?

haha, lindy does suck but i dont have a problem with marty

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Bill Hoppe, he wrote a good article today about Butler and Sekera... for those interested here it is-

http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabres/article/sabres-sekera-doesnt-mind-alternating-with-butler/

Not much in that article, was there?

Who's Bill Hoppe?

How soon they forget. Welcome back, Xray.

Archived