[OT] Random Observations

shrader

oh goodness, now that is funny.

Whoo, anyhow, I like cat breath and oddly enough, I have a cat where all you have to do is scratch it's back and it starts licking. My wife saw me smelling the breath as it licked my nose and she freaked..."that is the most disgusting thing".....i was rolling on the floor laughing

I can't believe I just admitted that I like cat breath....Good Lord!!

In the middle of a meeting over the last hour, one of the doctors asked me to put up a dollar to see if he could sink a paper ball into the garbage can across the room. So I pull out the dollar and he take the shot, across the table, right over the shoulder of my boss who is talking to the group. He won his dollar, but then got his fair share of "what the hell was that" looks.

During the same meeting, another doctor from Switzerland was presenting her research. She has a little trouble with english, which made me realize that I have absolutely no clue what language they speak in Switzerland.

In the middle of a meeting over the last hour, one of the doctors asked me to put up a dollar to see if he could sink a paper ball into the garbage can across the room. So I pull out the dollar and he take the shot, across the table, right over the shoulder of my boss who is talking to the group. He won his dollar, but then got his fair share of "what the hell was that" looks.

During the same meeting, another doctor from Switzerland was presenting her research. She has a little trouble with english, which made me realize that I have absolutely no clue what language they speak in Switzerland.

French, German, Italian and local dialects of Rumantsch. All Swiss learn English too...

OK, forgot the original topic of this thread - this is my favorite funny moment:

Back when Trivial Pursuit was real popular, we were playing a game at my friend's house. Just a couple weeks previously, I was watching a cooking show on PBS whose subject was Welsh cooking. They mentioned that they use a lot of the leek in Welsh dishes, so much so that they consider it the "national vegetable". As it happened, the question I drew was, "What is the national vegetable of Wales?". Without missing a beat, I replied, "Why, that would be the leek.". My friend nearly turned the game board over - he insisted that I had gone through the cards and memorized the answers. I had to explain how I knew the answer before he calmed down. If you could have seen the expression on his face!

:o

Anyone else notice our goalies are wearing cameras on their helmet during training camp at at the games?

No, but if you hum a few bars, I can probably fake it.......I thank you! Please, no applause...just tens and twenties. Seriously folks, I've been this way all my natural life. :wacko:

Sorry, it's been a rough day...

Raising children is the BEST THING EVER :)

Last month I took my 11 year old to Cleveland to see the Jonas Brothers in concert. Don't laugh...they actually put on a great show and my daughter and I had an awesome time.

Next month it's my teenager's turn. She is a classical-music loving ballerina, who is also a metal head and I am taking her to Cleveland to see Metallica. Can't wait!

Contradictions, unconditional love, personality galore, pride, joy and family. Every day is different. I just love my life with my kids.

Raising children is the BEST THING EVER :)

Last month I took my 11 year old to Cleveland to see the Jonas Brothers in concert. Don't laugh...they actually put on a great show and my daughter and I had an awesome time.

Next month it's my teenager's turn. She is a classical-music loving ballerina, who is also a metal head and I am taking her to Cleveland to see Metallica. Can't wait!

Contradictions, unconditional love, personality galore, pride, joy and family. Every day is different. I just love my life with my kids.

1 out of 2. Not too bad. Plus the 11 year old should grow out of it. :)

I can eat sushi every damn day... Mmmmn.. Pretty amazing for a kid who grew up hating fish, fishing and fishermen...

:lol:

My whole life I've been saying that I hate sushi, without ever having had it. A few years ago, I went to a good sushi place with about six others and we each ordered 2 different kinds. I tried everything and it turns out,... I was right. Not only do I HATE sushi, but I absolutely do not understand how anyone can like it.

And I hate them, too.

My 9-year-old's new favorite band is Led Zeppelin. He's been listening to "Stairway to Heaven" and "Kashmir" about 5 times a day for the past week.

He's going to learn what real music is. I'm not a Zep fan, but they were skillful and artistic musicians, there's no denying that. Good for him.

Jag, I could eat sushi every day until the day I die, and if they ask what I'd like on that fateful day, it probably would be, "more sushi, please." (Other options are cheeseburgers and my mom's sauce, but hey, the sushi thing is healthier.)

oh goodness, now that is funny.

Whoo, anyhow, I like cat breath and oddly enough, I have a cat where all you have to do is scratch it's back and it starts licking. My wife saw me smelling the breath as it licked my nose and she freaked..."that is the most disgusting thing".....i was rolling on the floor laughing

No message board board will offer the insight and intelligence you'll find here.

Archived