[OT] Random Observations

shrader

I just hooked up my turntable after about twenty years. It was in a flood 2 years ago, was under water for three days, and I just washed off the last of the flood mud. All that said, skips and all, Rush - "Moving Pictures" just sounds better on Vinyl.

ALL classic rock, and most jazz, sounds better on vinyl, skips and all, as you say. It's just the way it is. (But neither of my turntables are connected to my system right now, and all of my records are in a crate. Actually, thanks, Swamp, you just gave me my weekend project.)

ALL classic rock, and most jazz, sounds better on vinyl, skips and all, as you say. It's just the way it is. (But neither of my turntables are connected to my system right now, and all of my records are in a crate. Actually, thanks, Swamp, you just gave me my weekend project.)

It's totally worth it. And whose records aren't in a crate? The first album (I love saying album) I put on was Paul Chambers and John Coltrane. The second was The Yellow Jackets "Mirage a Trois" and finally "Moving Pictures". All three shaped me as a musician. Can't wait to go digging in the crate tomorrow.

Archived