[OT] Random Observations

shrader

I frequent Amish country in PA. Sunday afternoon there are lots of Amish on the road returning home from the church and social gathering. Catch it at the wrong time and travel is tricky and slow. I've dubbed it "Amish Rush Hour"...

Yeah, but ya know, honest to God, shouldn't these people be making fun of us? I really think they have the right idea.

Yeah, but ya know, honest to God, shouldn't these people be making fun of us? I really think they have the right idea.

Aw c'mon Pa...really? No electricity????? No Motors????? Too many animals and too many kids. Not enough shoes, and too much facial hair.

Sure, they have some survival skills that maybe we have lost...but when the big war comes that's gonna end it all they're gonna vaporize just like the rest of us and all that will be left is Will Smith and Stephen King. Oh...and cockroaches :thumbsup:

I have a monday morning meeting once ever two weeks. There are about 8-10 people there and I just might be the only person with english as my first language. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but there's a lot of different languages in there and the english speakers (first language) are definitely in the minority. We've also got two Joses and a Josee' (can't get that accent on the right e) in there, which always brings on a bit of confusion.

I have a monday morning meeting once ever two weeks. There are about 8-10 people there and I just might be the only person with english as my first language. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but there's a lot of different languages in there and the english speakers (first language) are definitely in the minority. We've also got two Joses and a Josee' (can't get that accent on the right e) in there, which always brings on a bit of confusion.

I have noticed that the little words are always the ones that non-native speakers have trouble with, like: 'a', 'the', and in your case above, 'every'. See what happens when you play on a slippery slope?

I went on Stubhub to get tickets for the Sabres-Sens game, 26 December 2009. I needed four of them for my family. Cheapest, nose-bleed seat I could find was 50+ bucks +, +, +. I then looked up Buffalo at Washington and seats are 20 bucks. The date is too close to the holiday so I opted for Florida at Washington instead. Final Stubhub price for four tickets was 92 bucks delivered. The Sabres are way overpriced or the Capitals are way underpriced. It is insane to think that four tix to a Sabres game could cost you 300, 400 or more bucks when all is said and done (tix, fees, parking, sodas/pops, beers, popcorn, etc).

Hockey is going the way of baseball.. Too damn expensive...

I know that you hate BC. And I think that might be the difference, because there really is no college FB of note in your region, other than the Eagles. If I hadn't left Buffalo for a decade, I wouldn't have developed a love for college FB, either--what, Syr-excuse? C'mon. And UB was D-III when I left.

The sad part is, 15 years ago Syracuse was a legit major college program. Poor bowl game showings, though, in the days before the BCS. It's sad what SU has allowed that program to become. I blame female deans.

The sad part is, 15 years ago Syracuse was a legit major college program. Poor bowl game showings, though, in the days before the BCS. It's sad what SU has allowed that program to become. I blame female deans.

I blame the dome. Team has gone soft... They haven't had a memorable QB there since Donovan.

I blame the dome. Team has gone soft... They haven't had a memorable QB there since Donovan.

They've had the dome since long before mcnabb.

The problem is the school accepts mediocrity from its athletics, and has allowed substandard coaching to linger on way too long.

It's a long way back to relevance from where they are right now, playing games against Maine.

I have noticed that the little words are always the ones that non-native speakers have trouble with, like: 'a', 'the', and in your case above, 'every'. See what happens when you play on a slippery slope?

There's a big difference between not having a clue how to spell a word, flat out misusing a word, and accidentally missing a key while typing too fast.

I've got an observation.

When did people become so rude?

I'm going through a light yesterday and an older man coming the other way to make a left turn literally yells obscenities at me out of his car, because apparently I wasn't going through the intersection fast enough (never mind the minivan the four cars in front of me that were dictating my speed...). Sorry I was holding you up you indignant prick.

Learn some manners people. Seriously.

If there were cars in front of you going slower than you wanted them to, couldn't you have slowed or stopped and let the guy make his left turn in front of you; then easily catch back up to where you were? I'm just saying...

If there were cars in front of you going slower than you wanted them to, couldn't you have slowed or stopped and let the guy make his left turn in front of you; then easily catch back up to where you were? I'm just saying...

They weren't going that slow though, it's not like we were in gridlock or anything. It was...an average intersection crossing. If it had been rush hour and I was in that driving mode, it would have made sense. I would have left him room to turn before crossing the intersection. But it was just a normal driving day; absolutely no reason to be that rude. edit: also, there was no one behind me. He got to make his turn about 1.5 seconds later.

They weren't going that slow though, it's not like we were in gridlock or anything. It was...an average intersection crossing. If it had been rush hour and I was in that driving mode, it would have made sense. I would have left him room to turn before crossing the intersection. But it was just a normal driving day; absolutely no reason to be that rude. edit: also, there was no one behind me. He got to make his turn about 1.5 seconds later.

Gotcha.

Oh thats the worst when someone cuts you off and drives slowly when there was nobody behind you. If they had waited three seconds they could have pulled out as slowly as they wanted but instead you're stuck behind them for ten minutes.

While they were all hot, was that a itty bitty titty committee meeting? I've never seen so many A-cups in one place at one time.

There's not one woman in that video who wouldn't be incredibly attractive if she showed a shred of intelligence, regardless of cup size. Sadly, though, wow, they're dumbasses. Honestly, and I do mean honestly, I couldn't stand one drink with any of them, much less a whole night. Luckily, they're in Texas. Vapidity is valued--no, honored--there.

I just hooked up my turntable after about twenty years. It was in a flood 2 years ago, was under water for three days, and I just washed off the last of the flood mud. All that said, skips and all, Rush - "Moving Pictures" just sounds better on Vinyl.

Archived