Grier signs with Sabres

Foligno's Nose

I think that had much less to do with his own situation than helping the negotiating posture of his former teammates...

and it cost him nothing.

I'm glad to have Grier back, this will help holding on to leads.

Good call, as always.

I think that had much less to do with his own situation than helping the negotiating posture of his former teammates...

and it cost him nothing.

I'm glad to have Grier back, this will help holding on to leads.

Huge, huge, huge...if he were here last year, and this was all he did the Sabres would have made the playoffs.

This is absolutely an awesome signing, he is a bit older but man is he hard to get off the puck, gritty corner diggin... Darcy I thought that pop I had in my head was this cold letting loose. It now seems you got your head out of your a$$!!!! Bout time!!!!

Fear the Grier!

love that.

Not to mention veteran leadership and accountability in the locker room.
definitely the type of attitude that this team needs.

one of the issues that everyone around here seems to agree on is that this team comprises too many peers of the same mentaility; having grier in the room along with rivet (together with what i presume will be one of those young turks being shipped) will go a long way toward getting after that issue.

Color me surprised! Grier? GTFO! Of all people.
Or maybe NO OTHER TEAM had shown any interest in him????

i think the strangely soft buyers' market for UFAs that was discussed some weeks ago is starting to shake out.

Side note: props to kamikaze63_99 over at LGS, who posted this last night at 8pm: Add him to your list of people who are "in the know."

fascinating.

Huge, huge, huge...if he were here last year, and this was all he did the Sabres would have made the playoffs.

This thread is unintentionally hilarious.

I also heard in his spare time that Mike Grier is dropped into Afghanistan to take out nests of Taliban -- just by glaring at them.

she would make a great SabreSpace model! :wub:

Unfortunately, I don't think that boat will float...

My boat was already floating at the thought. :oops:

I also heard in his spare time that Mike Grier is dropped into Afghanistan to take out nests of Taliban -- just by glaring at them.

I find it hard to believe that this minor of a roster change has been nearly unanymously lauded by everyone. Grier is okay but sheesh, you'd think the Sabres signed Jerome Iginla.

Yikes! Afinogenov #1? I'm not sure he even meant to put it into the net. That Sanderson goal was garbage goal time. What about Pominville? Drury? It seemed like it was the list of best stick handling before a goal. Speaking of stick handling, watching Stafford and Connolly just weave in and out of entire teams really makes me yearn for those two to carry more of the load this year.

I find it hard to believe that this minor of a roster change has been nearly unanymously lauded by everyone. Grier is okay but sheesh, you'd think the Sabres signed Jerome Iginla.

Well, he is a tough veteran leader, and he did play 15 min. per game last year for one of the best teams in the NHL. I'd agree with you if this was the response to the McCormick signing, but this signing will be more effective than that one.

Also, if it were Iginla, we'd be at 20 pages on this thread, and SDS' photo would've been much nastier.

My boat was already floating at the thought. :oops:

I think it has more to do with liking this team again than it is signing a huge game changer. He adds both in my eyes and that just makes me happy

I think it has more to do with liking this team again than it is signing a huge game changer. He adds both in my eyes and that just makes me happy

I think we should just give in and admit we're all morons for liking the signing.

Then after he took all the afghan kiddies to chucky cheese, but not before he taught the middle east peace and to settle differences through fistacuffs. YAY!!!

Well, he is a tough veteran leader, and he did play 15 min. per game last year for one of the best teams in the NHL. I'd agree with you if this was the response to the McCormick signing, but this signing will be more effective than that one.

Also, if it were Iginla, we'd be at 20 pages on this thread, and SDS' photo would've been much nastier.

so, maybe we need a series of NHO models? We can rate each news item with the corresponding model? :wub:

so, maybe we need a series of NHO models? We can rate each news item with the corresponding model? :wub:

I need to have a nice clear view of a models face. A good face matching a good body; none of these artsy weird angled photos for me.

Archived