The Music Thread

darksabre

that is a very good question, and it's one for which i have no answer. i have never had a problem with any rush album. and i really don't have issues with S&A ... there are just some tracks that i skip, and that made me incredibly nervous for this new cd for all the reasons that the reviewer in claude_verret's post mentioned--getting old, losing their touch, "falling in line ..." et al.

just a hunch, and i'm tempted to verify this as soon as i get home, but my guess is that, somewhere in torrent-ville, there's a copy of this cd floating around. if there is, i'm going to cave, i'm going to download it, i'm going to upload it to itunes match it on my phone, and then i'm going to take the entire day off of work and drive around--up canyons, down the highway, possibly to the top of a couple of mountain peaks, barring still lingering snow towards the top (a distinct possibility).

From what I've seen and read the album has not leaked yet, but it likely will before it's official release I'd guess. Your idea sounds like a fantastic way to soak in the new album.

As an aside, I've been lurking around some Rush forums recently looking for info about the new album. On these forums there are small groups of regular posters who seemingly hate everything Rush has done since 1979, and yet there they are, day after day telling all the other Rush fans about how much Rush sucks now and will never be good again. Sound familiar? I guess every board has them.

"discovered" this on my computer today. It's actually not bad.

http://youtu.be/rDRWd_disHc

..and now for something completely different...

I'm not all that churchy (I should say that I'm not churchy,.. at all), but I played another church service on Wednesday. It might not show up on top but it's called Wednesday Jazz Concert. Hope you like it.

My tune is at the 18:50 mark.

From what I've seen and read the album has not leaked yet, but it likely will before it's official release I'd guess. Your idea sounds like a fantastic way to soak in the new album.

As an aside, I've been lurking around some Rush forums recently looking for info about the new album. On these forums there are small groups of regular posters who seemingly hate everything Rush has done since 1979, and yet there they are, day after day telling all the other Rush fans about how much Rush sucks now and will never be good again. Sound familiar? I guess every board has them.

LMAO, same with the old Stern fan forum.

..and now for something completely different...

I'm not all that churchy (I should say that I'm not churchy,.. at all), but I played another church service on Wednesday. It might not show up on top but it's called Wednesday Jazz Concert. Hope you like it.

My tune is at the 18:50 mark.

Only lurking these days ...

While Jazz is not my "cup of tea", IMO, Allah (God) has blessed you with an immense talent.

A wonderful performance.

Only lurking these days ...

While Jazz is not my "cup of tea", IMO, Allah (God) has blessed you with an immense talent.

A wonderful performance.

Of course, a couple thousand hours in the practice room didn't hurt either. :lol:

just kidding and thanks.

Another track by track review with Alex Lifeson himself. This record is sounding more and more promising, I sure hope it doesn't end up being another letdown.

Although Rush are revered for their superlative instrumental chops, Lifeson says that he’s most happy with Clockwork Angels for its overall tunefulness. “Let’s face it, the payoff to any song is the chorus,” he says, “and these songs have very strong choruses. If you can create something that’s memorable in terms of melody and ‘singability,’ then you’ve nailed it. And I think we did that – a lot.”

http://www.musicrada...track-545614#!1

Finally checked this thread out and :w00t: we are full of Rush fans!

Count me in among those excited about Clockwork Angels.

And Vapour Trails >>> Snakes and Arrows.

The latter is OK, but overall just too much of a downer.

Every now and then, quite often actually, this song pops into my head and it stays there for days ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C61olIkvoks

The singer, by my definition, is very hot chocolate ... a very sexy thing. And I'm not ... you know ... not that there is anything wrong with that.

just a hunch, and i'm tempted to verify this as soon as i get home, but my guess is that, somewhere in torrent-ville, there's a copy of this cd floating around. if there is, i'm going to cave, i'm going to download it, i'm going to upload it to itunes match it on my phone, and then i'm going to take the entire day off of work and drive around--up canyons, down the highway, possibly to the top of a couple of mountain peaks, barring still lingering snow towards the top (a distinct possibility).

The day has arrived, the leak is here. I have only had a chance to listen to a few tracks on youtube while working so far, but I'm loving The Wreckers, Seven Cities of Gold and The Anarchist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvjqCOFESuo

Edited by Claude_Verret

The day has arrived, the leak is here. I have only had a chance to listen to a few tracks on youtube while working so far, but I'm loving The Wreckers, Seven Cities of Gold and The Anarchist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvjqCOFESuo

i was JUST about to go home and see if i could find a leak!!! HA!

this venus transit just got a whole sh**-ton better. thanks man!