Dominic Moore to Buffalo for a 2nd

carpandean

I like the move, although I expect this to be just a rental. Darcy doesn't take 2nd round picks lightly, so I see this as another indication that they are very intent on making the playoffs this year.

Yeah, he is a rental, for now.....

Good production, though could get him a new deal at ome point. I would take him a 2 or 2.5 more than many of the Sabres that are currently playing for us!!!! HA!

So yeah, rental for now, but Darcy views picks as very important, so I think he could be extended at some point. Guess we'll see what happens.

No i dont watch the games or make logical posts in an effort to irritate you.

Just seems like a high price for a rental that doesnt put the team over the top. It might get them into the playoffs but thats it.

Mission accomplished <_<

When have you seen a 2nd round pick traded away that's taken a team over the top??

I think our goal IS the playoffs, so if that's it, then again, mission accomplished.

1 glaring need was a Center. He's decent at faceoffs which was pointed out earlier, and is a durable player who can produce. How can you NOT like this move?

Mission accomplished <_<

When have you seen a 2nd round pick traded away that's taken a team over the top??

I think our goal IS the playoffs, so if that's it, then again, mission accomplished.

1 glaring need was a Center. He's decent at faceoffs which was pointed out earlier, and is a durable player who can produce. How can you NOT like this move?

for a couple 100 thousand bucks, what can it hurt? For the record though, I'm still not changing my sig.

just something to consider... not that you guys are too high on max or connolly, BUT.. now tonight we have Connolly with a fresh new extension, Vanek coming back, Afinogenov probably will be in the lineup after a long time out, and possibly Dominic Moore helping out at center. And probably not tonight, but next game Telqvist in goal. Seems like a whole lot that could potentially spark the team.

Solid move. I like Moore a lot. A very good penalty killer. Solid speed and very good vision. He plays well in his own zone. I expect he will play on the 3rd line with Kotalik and a MacArthur or Paille or even Max. But also, i wouldnt be shocked if Lindy tries him with Vanek to spice things up.

Solid move. I like Moore a lot. A very good penalty killer. Solid speed and very good vision. He plays well in his own zone. I expect he will play on the 3rd line with Kotalik and a MacArthur or Paille or even Max. But also, i wouldnt be shocked if Lindy tries him with Vanek to spice things up.

Anything to keep Hecht out of the pivot is fine with me.

just something to consider... not that you guys are too high on max or connolly, BUT.. now tonight we have Connolly with a fresh new extension, Vanek coming back, Afinogenov probably will be in the lineup after a long time out, and possibly Dominic Moore helping out at center. And probably not tonight, but next game Telqvist in goal. Seems like a whole lot that could potentially spark the team.

Good points. Hopefully it translates in to some energy for this team.

Won't be with Vanek....at least at first. Have to put the band back together (Vanek, Connolly, Stafford) at first.

That line was perhaps the best in the league before Vanek got hurt. They'll try that first, at least....

I'll fall right back on my stance from last year that I want Connolly with Vanek. Go out and earn that contract.

Very good points indeed.

The team was in dire need of a spark. Well how about 5?

I'll give you the points on Vanek and Moore. Tellqvist - who knows. Max? No frigging way.

I'm concerned that Timmy goes in the tank after the extension. Either he tries too hard to justify it and tries to do too much, or he gets lazy and sloppy as other players have done in the history of pro sports after getting a nice chunk of change in their contract.

Mission accomplished <_<

i dont like it or not like it. If the ONLY goal was to make the playoffs, ok you helped your team. If they wanted to win in the playoffs they did not help the team.

I don't follow hockey in depth like most on this board, but guy for a second rd pick?? He's not a play-maker, On the other hand, Bernier a developing nice sized winger was had for a second and he was second line worthy, I think.

I can't believe they would use a second so stupidly just to get Galassano playoff money and if that is true, it will be short money.

Signed,

Mr. Pissy

Hecht is garbage.

Kotalik, not so much :ph34r:

i dont like it or not like it. If the ONLY goal was to make the playoffs, ok you helped your team. If they wanted to win in the playoffs they did not help the team.

Why would he help us make the playoffs but not help win in the playoffs?

You don't like it or not like it? That's like saying we'll either make the playoffs with him or not make the playoffs with him.

In Moore the Sabres have firstly a good man who will fit into the room very well. He a bright and well spoken man. In terms of his play, its said he has excelled this season because of him being on a lower tier team where he has received a great deal of ice time where he would not have in other places. In Leaf scheme of things he was a second line center who as they look ahead see him more as a third line center. Hence they balked at signing him for more than 1.8 per season. He wanted so talking Canadian heads say 3 million per season, had lowed it to around 2.7. In the end he and Leaf just could not make a deal , they were not close. As a Sabre he will be a good addition, who works hard, can score, play well in defensive role, and is grittier than many Sabres currently have. He could be a excellent addition, the issue will be in terms of next year if they can sign him, at this point it would be hard to be optimistic. He is a solid player every team needs. But he does not have a wow factor.

- (mind you I am interested as to who they will play him with, he certainly has grabbed hold of his opportunities this season, put in a position to do the same in Buffalo good very well yield some great results.)

I'd like to hear Milbank's thoughts on Moore, as well as those of anyone who watches the Leafs consistently.

They've already shown they can beat Boston with Miller.

So you're saying this move was good enough for us to get in the playoffs, but ADDING a center, a productive center, won't then give them a chance??

I just fail to see how you're so sure this isn't a good thing.

Archived