Dominic Moore to Buffalo for a 2nd

carpandean

Why would he help us make the playoffs but not help win in the playoffs?

You don't like it or not like it? That's like saying we'll either make the playoffs with him or not make the playoffs with him.

Bc as an addition he might help you beat some middle of the road teams and lower tier teams, but does dominic moore make us that much better against Boston who we could liekly see in 1st round?

Hey im not seeing the team worse with him, just dont expect much....hes not the only missing piece.

In Moore the Sabres have firstly a good man who will fit into the room very well. He a bright and well spoken man. In terms of his play, its said he has excelled this season because of him being on a lower tier team where he has received a great deal of ice time where he would not have in other places. In Leaf scheme of things he was a second line center who as they look ahead see him more as a third line center. Hence they balked at signing him for more than 1.8 per season. He wanted so talking Canadian heads say 3 million per season, had lowed it to around 2.7. In the end he and Leaf just could not make a deal , they were not close. As a Sabre he will be a good addition, who works hard, can score, play well in defensive role, and is grittier than many Sabres currently have. He could be a excellent addition, the issue will be in terms of next year if they can sign him, at this point it would be hard to be optimistic. He is a solid player every team needs. But he does not have a wow factor.

- (mind you I am interested as to who they will play him with, he certainly has grabbed hold of his opportunities this season, put in a position to do the same in Buffalo good very well yield some great results.)

Thanks

I'm concerned that Timmy goes in the tank after the extension. Either he tries too hard to justify it and tries to do too much, or he gets lazy and sloppy as other players have done in the history of pro sports after getting a nice chunk of change in their contract.

He's been in the tank for the past several games. Could be he was distracted by this crap and this could help him open up again. He's not like Pommers.

Patrick O'Sullivan and 2nd round pick to Edmonton for Erik Cole

Edmonton then sends 2nd round pick (CAR) for ALES KOTALIK.

Idk if anyone else is send back to Buffalo.

Did this happen?

i can confirm.... kotalik to edmonton. Carolina 2nd and SOMEBODY ELSE to Buffalo. (probably a d-men from Edmonton)

If it's a D-man, wouldn't it necessitate another move to free a roster spot for the new d-man (assuming it's someone for the big club and not Portland)?

i can confirm.... kotalik to edmonton. Carolina 2nd and SOMEBODY ELSE to Buffalo. (probably a d-men from Edmonton)

That should make the shoot-out shooters more interesting.....

WGR isn't mentioning anyone else coming back to the Sabres.

BN Blog:

Report: Kotalik to Edmonton

Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ales Kotalik has been sent to Edmonton as part of a four-way deal that brings a second-round pick to Buffalo.

Kotalik, who has 13 goals and 39 assists in 56 games, will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Am I the only who's got this weird feeling Lindy's gonna play him with Hecht and Pommer?

far from it.

with vanek and possibly max back, what are the lines now?

vanek-roy-stafford

kotalik-connolly-afinogenov

hecht-moore-pominville

mair-goose-kaleta/ellis

do we have enough roster space to healthy-scratch numminen, paille, peters and macarthur -- that seems like a lot. i can never retain the details of roster limits, etc.

EDIT: i took way too long to post this -- i see the kotalik talk now

BN Blog:

Report: Kotalik to Edmonton

Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ales Kotalik has been sent to Edmonton as part of a four-way deal that brings a second-round pick to Buffalo.

Kotalik, who has 13 goals and 39 assists in 56 games, will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

If that is true then we basically traded Kotalik for Moore? Since they're both UFA's I think that is an upgrade.

Archived