GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Ok, fair enough. I thought we would come out firing in the second period, but that was our worst one and Lalime just saved us a couple times. We waited until the third to turn on the jet engines and by that time the shots just weren't hitting the back of the net. I realize we weren't top notch, I just wanted to make sure the Canes' effort wasn't cheapened.

I was jealous of the effort the Canes gave. I don't understand how the Sabres can't find it in them to come out and play like the Canes did every night in a playoff push. Something needs to happen to get that switch turned on permanently. Relying on other teams to falter is not a sound strategy for making the playoffs.

I'd expect the Leafs to come out and play very hard after that mail-it-in effort they gave us last time. The Sabres need to be ready to play hard from the get-go.

I'd also like to see Lalime again.

Finally, I think the loss of Gaustad has really hurt -- maybe as much as the loss of Vanek. Darcy called Gaustad the leader of the grit guys up front during an interview with Shopp the other day. It doesn't excuse the poor effort and lack of desperation from 90% of the other guys that we've seen in the past few games, but nevertheless it's a big loss.

Oh sure, sure, you are all just shaking at the prospect of another Leaf game and its ramifications..... :bag:

Can't you tell your guys how good of a player Tavares is? With three teams below you and the Coyotes heading south fast, you're on the outside looking in on that race.

I'd expect the Leafs to come out and play very hard after that mail-it-in effort they gave us last time. The Sabres need to be ready to play hard from the get-go.

Finally, I think the loss of Gaustad has really hurt -- maybe as much as the loss of Vanek. Darcy called Gaustad the leader of the grit guys up front during an interview with Shopp the other day. It doesn't excuse the poor effort and lack of desperation from 90% of the other guys that we've seen in the past few games, but nevertheless it's a big loss.

Hell, why not? I wouldn't be opposed.

At least I'll be able to watch in HD. Anyone know why an out of town feed from a home Sabres game, I'm in ATL, gets blacked out to out of market folks? I have the CI and Sports Packages and the ham n eggers at DTV are about as sharp as marbles when I try to get an answer. Anyway hopefully we get a solid 60 and 2 points.

Yeah, I used to get 'em, and then after the Leafs game on 2/4, the home games have all been blacked out on 638-1 and no HD available in the 770's. PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!

Whoever shows up, there will plenty of jackasses putting themselves out there with their "predictions".

I predict your prediction will cause many to make a prediction they wouldn't normally make. Take the over and under at 6.

I predict that since I have no plans to travel to Toronto to see the game in person, the Sabres chances of winning will go up a lot. :D

Now that's a prediction I like with some real stats behind it.

three things I can agree with but I predict only 2 of the three will happen tonight... (note saw article Goose could play tonight)

One good take away for me from the last game is Rivet visibly stepping forward and calling out his team in the media, we can carp all about why it' shouldn't have to/need to happen but the reality is with this team we need that kind of accountablity from within not just the coach.

I expect a better showing all around tonight from both teams. May the best team win and in this one anyways I still think that's Bflo.

(sorry Millbank no disprespect but you still got a little rebuilding to do but good news is you got the FO that will do it now)

I predict your prediction will cause many to make a prediction they wouldn't normally make. Take the over and under at 6.

Now that's a prediction I like with some real stats behind it.

three things I can agree with but I predict only 2 of the three will happen tonight... (note saw article Goose could play tonight)

One good take away for me from the last game is Rivet visibly stepping forward and calling out his team in the media, we can carp all about why it' shouldn't have to/need to happen but the reality is with this team we need that kind of accountablity from within not just the coach.

I expect a better showing all around tonight from both teams. May the best team win and in this one anyways I still think that's Bflo.

(sorry Millbank no disprespect but you still got a little rebuilding to do but good news is you got the FO that will do it now)

Carpandean: get on this guy will ya? When there are only two teams playing, it's "May the BETTER team win."

Toronto wins if the Sabres play with their skates tied together again. I can't imagine that will happen but didn't foresee that dud against the Canes either.

I'm almost as tired of hearing the players lament their poor showings as I am of hearing MSG continue to treat Bflo as a suburb of NYC. Yo MSG: I don't want to see Simply Red at Radio City Music Hall--ENOUGH ALREADY!

At least I'll be able to watch in HD. Anyone know why an out of town feed from a home Sabres game, I'm in ATL, gets blacked out to out of market folks? I have the CI and Sports Packages and the ham n eggers at DTV are about as sharp as marbles when I try to get an answer. Anyway hopefully we get a solid 60 and 2 points.

Could have something to do with the fact that its being shown nationally on Versus...

Edit: Someone else already said that and i'm just a jackass stating the obvious. All apologies.

Could have something to do with the fact that its being shown nationally on Versus...

Edit: Someone else already said that and i'm just a jackass stating the obvious. All apologies.

At least you weren't making a prediction.

Oh sure, sure, you are all just shaking at the prospect of another Leaf game and its ramifications..... :bag:

:lol:

The Leafs don't play bad, at times they hang a lot of points on some of their opponents... Just hot and cold they are!

I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game (for the Sabres that is). :( :(

Nathan Gerb?

like herb???

way to be VS

Not only that but Sekera has been called Kaleta i'm pretty sure 2 times... or maybe im just hearing what I want to hear from these jackasses. Someone I make them sound worse in my head. Who knows.

Anyway, we look like crap. Again.

Archived