GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

7:30 start. So, I guess it should be the good Sabres, tonight, right?

sabres.com and nhl.com, I know they are basically the same site have the game listed for 7:00 pm start. As does the tv guide. FYI, Versus game tonight so take the day to prep yourself for the awesome announcers :wallbash:

Whoever shows up, there will plenty of jackasses putting themselves out there with their "predictions".

I predict that I won't be making any predictions tonight, except for the prediction that all other predictions will PISS everyone off in this GDT, or so I predict. :thumbsup:

At least I'll be able to watch in HD. Anyone know why an out of town feed from a home Sabres game, I'm in ATL, gets blacked out to out of market folks? I have the CI and Sports Packages and the ham n eggers at DTV are about as sharp as marbles when I try to get an answer. Anyway hopefully we get a solid 60 and 2 points.

At least I'll be able to watch in HD. Anyone know why an out of town feed from a home Sabres game, I'm in ATL, gets blacked out to out of market folks? I have the CI and Sports Packages and the ham n eggers at DTV are about as sharp as marbles when I try to get an answer. Anyway hopefully we get a solid 60 and 2 points.

I haven't had a HD feed from MSG forever. I am out of market and it is blacked out for me as well. The reps at DTV ARE horrible everytime I call they have no clue what I am talking about.

I haven't had a HD feed from MSG forever. I am out of market and it is blacked out for me as well. The reps at DTV ARE horrible everytime I call they have no clue what I am talking about.

There is a contract dispute going on between Cablevision (which owns MSG) and DirecTV. You can keep tabs on it here.

However, I'm fairly certain the Sabres aren't playing any better in HD.

A few weeks ago this game was a gimme on the schedule. Looking at the line combinations Lindy is going with tonight, Miller may need to steal a couple of points again. Toronto has scored 19 goals over the last four games. The Sabres have scored 18 for the month of February. That's 18 in seven games with 10 being scored in two of the games (Leafs & Sharks).

This no longer looks like a gimme.

Does anyone else hate the fact that the Sabres have to generate anger over the performance against the Canes? I heard a lot yesterday about Lindy wanting this team to show anger on how they performed. If the players aren't already angry what's the point?

sabres.com and nhl.com, I know they are basically the same site have the game listed for 7:00 pm start. As does the tv guide. FYI, Versus game tonight so take the day to prep yourself for the awesome announcers :wallbash:

Thanks.

We've really had the Leafs' number the last two times we've faced them, so I'm fully expecting a win tonight, especially if they decide to not show up again like last time. Carolina is facing Boston, and Florida is facing New Jersey so this could potentially be a very good day in the standings for us. With the Rangers and Canadiens still sinking like rocks, we can actually move into a tie for 5th place tonight, despite the loss to the Canes.

Don't confuse getting outplayed with not trying. The Canes played incredibly and deserved to win that game.

The Canes were desperate, no doubt, but the Sabres also weren't battling at all. They took the easy way out too many times. If they had played with even half the desperation that the Canes showed, they would have made it much harder for Carolina to get two points.

Don't confuse getting outplayed with not trying. The Canes played incredibly and deserved to win that game.

Not at all. The Canes played like the game mattered and the Sabres made them look even better by playing like the game didn't matter. There isn't one forward or defenseman that can look back at that game and say they competed. Not one. The Canes didn't play "incredibly." The only thing "incredible" about the game was the disparity in effort and desire between the two teams.

Not at all. The Canes played like the game mattered and the Sabres made them look even better by playing like the game didn't matter. There isn't one forward or defenseman that can look back at that game and say they competed. Not one. The Canes didn't play "incredibly." The only thing "incredible" about the game was the disparity in effort and desire between the two teams.

Ok, fair enough. I thought we would come out firing in the second period, but that was our worst one and Lalime just saved us a couple times. We waited until the third to turn on the jet engines and by that time the shots just weren't hitting the back of the net. I realize we weren't top notch, I just wanted to make sure the Canes' effort wasn't cheapened.

Archived