Ruutu Gets 2 Games

kcclor

I think the proper call should have been a game misconduct. I think Spacek should have gotten one too. There is a way to settle things in the NHL and they don't involve sticks and teeth.

I'm not 100% convinced he was bitten. I've watched the video. He could very well have got his finger pinched in the door. More likely he was bit, but the video is not clear enough.

What I don't get is why he didn't go out there and settle things. All I can figure is Lindy was holding his leash.

I think the proper call should have been a game misconduct. I think Spacek should have gotten one too. There is a way to settle things in the NHL and they don't involve sticks and teeth.

I'm not 100% convinced he was bitten. I've watched the video. He could very well have got his finger pinched in the door. More likely he was bit, but the video is not clear enough.

What I don't get is why he didn't go out there and settle things. All I can figure is Lindy was holding his leash.

You can see it clear as day on the replay, Peters actually has to pull his finger out of Ruutus clench. There also isn't any padding or protection on the inside of the thumb/fingers to protect him. It would be just like biting through a regular thin glove. He should have gotten more than 2 games, I mean biting??? That is just so bush league.

You can see it clear as day on the replay, Peters actually has to pull his finger out of Ruutus clench. There also isn't any padding or protection on the inside of the thumb/fingers to protect him. It would be just like biting through a regular thin glove. He should have gotten more than 2 games, I mean biting??? That is just so bush league.

Read what "buuben" has to say in this video. Even the Finns don't want him playing in the SM-liiga.

Having Ruutu out isn't much of a hardship for the Sens. 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points and a -2 in 36 games. It's not like he's been playing all that well.

And yet he's on pace for a career high in points. They didn't bring him in for his offensive production.

I heard it was going to be 5 games and then they said,"You know what? Spacek's blast to the package is worth about 3 games. So we'll give him 2 plus time served."

You could very well be right.

I think two is ok, anyway.

I truly believe if Peter's had done that to Alferdson or Spezza, he would've received at least a 15 game suspension. If Peter's bit Crosby, he'd be done for the year.

Wonder why Peters had his thumb hidden in a towel during interviews yesterday? Maybe because he suffered no injury at all? I mena, there's your money shot -- show the camera the thumb!

I know they said that it broke skin... I don't see how it could through the leather on the glove...even with the unpadded bottom. However, i've been bitten enough in my lifetime by my little brother to know that just because it doesn't break skin, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell with the bone crushing action. You get get a higher force PSI with a mandible and teeth than with any other part of the human body. You'll have teeth marks at first and they'll be gone within 20 minutes or sooner. Especially with flesh with a bone under it its harder to break skin (IE Finger). To me its clear as day he bit him and bit him hard (you can see Ruutu's face being pulled by the glove) but Peters may have nothing to show for it at the end of the day. Could still have a bruised thumb though or something. In any case Ruutu is a dirty player and I wish it'd cost him more than it did

What I want to know is how the heck did Ruutu gnaw through the glove? Doesn't a hockey glove have stiff rigid thumb on it. He obviously broke skin (you can see it)... Peters, IMO, did embellish... :lol: :lol: The glove thing still baffles me? Can anybody explain, or do they were a glove with out thumb protection?... I thought they did becuase that has to be one of the number one type of injury in hockey. Could Peters have had is thumb inverted and Ruutu got him on the inside (where there is no thumb insert)?

Oh, on another note... One of the most common injuries skiing (yes skiing! similiar to skating) are thumb injuries... Of course ski gloves don't have rigid thumb protectors.

How the eff did he gnaw through?

And... Next time the Sens play in BFLO, somebody should make a sign:

Ottawa bites "peeters!"

:chris: :D

hockey gloves have padding on the top but not on the underside. the palm and fingers are usually a thin leather (at least on mine anyways) to allow for a sensitive feel on the stick. This leather tends to wear out over time, so the palms on Peters' gloves might be getting pretty thin. I don't think that Ruutu necessarily bit straight through it, but tore it by his teeth ripping through it as Peters yanked his hand out of Ruutu's mouth. It's possible.

Archived