Favorite Sabre Not named Perrault, Martin or Hasek

Grinder42

I am wondering if people might want to look back in time and state who their favorite players were in the organization.

Mine would be Korab, Mcquire,Ray, Foligno, Arneil, Housley, Curtis Brown,LaFontaine and Bob Suave.

Biggest Sabre never to make the bigs Andy Ristuu( took Jeff Brubaker and 2 other Skaters to knock him out of an AHL game)

A favorite in Rochester was always was Walters ( what a goon!)

Wish I could remember the '76 team more!

I am wondering if people might want to look back in time and state who their favorite players were in the organization.

Mine would be Korab, Mcquire,Ray, Foligno, Arneil, Housley, Curtis Brown,LaFontaine and Bob Suave.

Biggest Sabre never to make the bigs Andy Ristuu( took Jeff Brubaker and 2 other Skaters to knock him out of an AHL game)

A favorite in Rochester was always was Walters ( what a goon!)

Wish I could remember the '76 team more!

Nice job remembering Andy Ristau. That's core. Favorite Sabres include Bob Sauve, Larry Playfair, King Kong Korab, Tony McKegney, and Matt Barnaby.

What a freaking great topic. Just when we needed something like this, too.

I've got to go by era, like a few other folks have, but here we go...

Luce (gave me his autograph on a McD's napkin when I was five)

Ruff

Ramsey

Mogilny

McKee

I guess I'm a defense-first guy, but in the late '80s and early '90s, "defense" was an unknown word in these parts, so Mogilny.

Again, great topic.

Michal Grosek (just kidding). By the way, I know we like to criticize Darcy a lot around these parts, but has he ever made a better trade than Grosek for Gilmour and Dumont? Seriously? Gratton for Briere was pretty good, but Grosek for Dumont and Gilmour is just legendary.

Back to the topic. My favorites are definitely LaFontaine, Mogilny, Hawerchuk, and I know it's probably blasphemy around these parts, but Chris Drury as I lived in Trumbull, CT for a few years growing up and always rooted for the guy. I'd also throw in Mike Ramsey, Jay McKee, Housley, and of course Schoenfeld in terms of defenseman.

Not even close, Zhitnik :rolleyes: He looked a lot like David duchovny and that's not cool....

I enjoyed the days of Ray, May, and Barnaby. Nothing fancy, but nothing cheap, either. Those boys brought their lunch pales everyday and that's far more entertaining and satisfying than the pre-madonnas of today.......

I'm a young guy so I can't claim players that most do. I have to pick from the late 90s through the present, since I was only 12 when the Sabres went to the Finals in 99.

Long nights awake listening to the playoffs and other games on my am/fm headphones bring names like Jay McKee and Jason Woolley, Stu Barnes and Steve Shields, Alexei Zhitnik, Curtis Brown, Geoff Sanderson, Rhett Warrener, JP Dumont, Donald Audette, Chris Gratton. I always used to fall asleep to RJ's voice.

I can't really say I had a favorite player then though. I never got to see any games, except for once in 1997. I never had cable so I couldn't watch em. But if I hat to pick, probably Jason Woolley. That name has always stuck in my head.

From the more recent era, I really liked Drury when he was here. You could say I had a man crush. I'll always remember him as a great Sabre, and the memories of the 05-06 season. And of course who could forget Marty Biron. What a character!

Archived