Gerbe called up to The Show!

carpandean

Gerbe goes to the show; Mancari sent down

Portland, ME ? The fans have spoken and the Sabres have delivered as Nathan Gerbe was recalled by Buffalo last night.

Gerbe left after game in Springfield and was at Sabres practice this morning where he?ll be in the lineup tonight when the Sabres take on the Tampa Bay Lightning for his first NHL game.

link>>>

"TAMPA, Fla. - The door to the rink opened and the Buffalo Sabres who were already on the ice began tapping their sticks with welcomed excitement."

For anyone else, does that sentence conjure up strange images? The arrival of the munchkin delighted the Giant Ones. Then they all went Gerbe bowling.

Garth reports he will wear #91.... just like i predicted in the pre-season when people were saying he will be $42.

Cant' wait for this.

Your victory of guessing the number is out weighed by the fact that you regularly read "Garth". Do you listen to the Jonas Brothers while you read his blogs?

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what the kid can do. It's highly unlikely that this will break the Sabres out of their rut, and it feels like a desperation move, but there's just a bit of a chance that he's awesome. And aren't we due for a bit of a GD break already? Maybe we'll see the debut of the Natural tonight. Like Tiger at his first Masters!

Go Sabres.

I'm happy for Gerbe. It will be great to see what he can do. I agree with the other poster who said lets not stick the kid on a line with Mair, Peters, Goose, etc. This kid needs to be with others with some skill.

On a side not, I liked seen Mancari up here. I thought he outplayed a good number of guys on the team. Doesn't seem right that he gets the shaft however I guess he was the only one that could get sent down without risking a waiver right?

Hopefully this is the start of something good tonight.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what the kid can do. It's highly unlikely that this will break the Sabres out of their rut, and it feels like a desperation move, but there's just a bit of a chance that he's awesome. And aren't we due for a bit of a GD break already? Maybe we'll see the debut of the Natural tonight. Like Tiger at his first Masters!

Go Sabres.

Wouldn't it be great if he was the next LaFontain? Ya, ya, I know that won'y happen, but I can dream, right?

I am worried he will be stuffed down on a third line though. I hope he plays with Hecht and Pommer and they move Goose to center the third line.

Wouldn't it be great if he was the next LaFontain? Ya, ya, I know that won'y happen, but I can dream, right?

I am worried he will be stuffed down on a third line though. I hope he plays with Hecht and Pommer and they move Goose to center the third line.

I'm guessing that he'll play on the third line and will see PP time, but I wouldn't mind seeing Gerbe-Hecth-Pominville.

Archived