Gerbe called up to The Show!

carpandean

Garth reports he will wear #91.... just like i predicted in the pre-season when people were saying he will be $42.

Cant' wait for this.

42, although it's hard to read on his jersey, it's so small.

Doh! Somebody's pre-season theory was better ... :w00t:

lol yeah, i got totally OWNED. haha

I'm seriously quitting hockeybuzz for good now... lol

No, you're not. It's like crack. You want to walk away, but you'll be back, reading Garth and Eklund - if for no other reason than to laugh at Eklund's "rumors."

That's OK, your post from this Summer was probably his "unnamed source" for Gerbe wearing #91.

lol nah, it was just pure speculation on my part. I saw an interview with Gerbe where he said his favorite # in the world is 19 and will "attempt" to get it in Buffalo. And the reporter laughed about what kind of an offer he'd need to make to Connolly. So, i figured, since Connolly already switched once in his career, he wouldn't switch again, and that he's a UFA after the season, it'd be wise for Gerbe to wait it out and not cause any trouble. I didn't think he'd wear #42 because numbers in pre-season were given out at random (Kennedy #57 even though he'll be #13 with Sabres) so i didn't think much into that 42. But when he got 19 in Portland, i thought for sure, he will be #91 in Buffalo and my little theory, was right. Oh well.

Although, what are the chances that his pre-season jersey was the only one they had ready for him and he's in a new jersey next game? lol j/k

I believe he is a +3 after the two games, Sabres 2-0 obviously. He really shouldve snapped that point blank shot on the 2-on-1 with Roy, though. I dont think he'll miss that chance again. He does need to keep his feet moving alot more. It would be nice to see him camp in front of the net; see what happens, how its defended.

The odd thing I wanted to post is how it didnt seem like he was part of the team somehow. I think having him with Roy is good, Stafford just sucks with everyone IMO.

Overall, not bad for a 5th rounder so far. :thumbsup:

He's probably only got another game or two to show what he has... Last night wasn't it... He needs to light the lamp..

Agreed. Unless he does something to make them keep him up, he'll likely be headed back to Portland before next week. He hasn't been bad, but needs to do something really good to stay in the lineup right now. He did show his speed a little more last night, both on the attack and on the backcheck, but he's up for offense.

Archived