Amerks off the 1-10 start!

inkman

Sometimes this kind of thing is necessary to wake up the very few Amerk6's of the world who still believe in Donner (or himself).

I truly doubt there is any way to wake that shill up to the reality of what Donner is and does. (That is, on the off chance that Amerk6 isn't Donner the Hutt.)

Amerk6 is here, just lurking. :bag:

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. That's in keeping w/ the profile he seemed to fit to a T just like a custom tailored size 84 slim would wrap around Donner the Hutt.

Just waiting for the Amerks to rip off a 10-game winning streak so he can run back and :nana: everyone here.

Eventually they will do that. Of course it will probably happen about 4 years from now after the Amerks are back where they belong in the Sabres fold. ;)

They aren't affiliated with the likes of Donner and now Styres whom I am beginning to question the capabilites of. He has does nothing to give the fans a reason to go see this team. Was he completely unaware of how disenchanted the fan base has become? He walked face first into a poop storm and he's got a face full of it now.

Isn't Styres majority owner of the Knighthawks as well? He's a huge lacrosse guy and could give two poops about the hockey team. Hell, they already brought Gait out of retirement to play again for the Hawks. That's a hell of a lot more than they have done for the Amerks, well other than Rory Fitzpatrick bobblehead night. It will be the Watertown Amerks soon.

As long as you can get past the NYC/LI machine, that would be the first time in a long time that there's been an upstate governor. (Sorry, but I don't think Pataki counts. Hudson River guy).

BTW, factually speaking, what would be the minimum age you would have to be by law to be governor?

Back to the topic at hand, I feel sorry for Amerks fans like Inky. It does feel like losing your right-hand man. I hope Donner enjoys what he has for now, because I'm sure the fans there have as much respect for him like Cleveland Browns fans had for Art Modell.

It's cool, I will crush them.

Age wise, I figure as long as I'm retired from being an LEO by 50, I'll be ready to do that politickin'.

I understand that some fans are disappointed that the Amerks lost the Sabres affiliation and while the Pirates and their fans have been very happy with the results. I think it's a little early to say Buffalo will be back with Rochester anytime soon or to say that Pirates fans should be grateful for the Sabres coming to town.

Also, being in Rochester isn't necessarily the best thing for Buffalo as some may think.

The Pirates fanbase was very happy with the Anaheim Ducks and they were incredibly upset when Brian Burke moved the affiliation out west. Burke's motivation was having an AHL team in San Diego, but the AHL has no intentions of wanting to be in California so Burke settled on Des Moines, IA.... I've said since day one, being in Portland, ME or any city in New England is a huge advantage to not only the team, but to the players because of the reduced travel.

It's not about the travel of calling a player up, but the travel a player goes through during the course of a season. The cost is travel for an AHL team is far more costly than the cost of recalling one player to Buffalo or sending a player down. Also, getting a player to and from Buffalo and Portland is not as difficult as some might think. Sure, having Rochester was great from a scouting and marketing stand point, but other than that I think Portland has significant advantages that Rochester couldn't offer.

Quinn has already said being in Portland will save the Sabres money versus being in Rochester. Again, some might say....HUH? Well, Rochester plays in the western conference and of their schedule 17 games involve heavy cross country travel. Like I said, getting a player from to Buffalo from Rochester might be easy, but try getting a player from Manitoba or Quad City, Peoria and Des Moines to Buffalo or some city that Buffalo is playing in that night. It's not always easy... In Portland, there are three major airports (Portland, Manchester and Boston) with in a short distance from most cities that the Pirates play in and with the Sabres playing a majority of their games in the eastern time zone, it's usually a direct flight. Also, the Pirates play 58 of their 80 games within their division and their furtherest trip is to Norfolk, which they just completed so it's not like the Pirates are in Manitoba and the Sabres need to get a player from there to Buffalo, New Jersey or Carolina.

Another positive about the reduce travel is more practice time.... The Pirates will spend more time at home in their beds, on the ice in their rink, which will translate to better development. They will be in the video room more working on techniques and other things. Also, having the Sabres utilize video scouting the way they do. They don't need to be at the arena because practice is broadcast live or sent to them in Buffalo. If Ruff, Regier or any member of the coaching or scouting staff wants to see it, it's available at a moments notice from the comfy confines of the CCCC.

With the reduced travel, reduction in expenses and the improved development of being in Portland, I'd say it be a hard decision for Buffalo to want to go back to Rochester anytime soon.

I agree with Wildcard on this one. Portland is a class A organization, have a nice rink and very great fans. And, from what i read, although Wildcard can confirm, but players in Portland live in nice apartments. In Rochester, Donner burned all the bridges with Blueberry Appartments and other ones, so nobody gave them a deal. Players lived in small hotel rooms. Plus the other things that Wildcard said, it just makes more sense. Some people can be bitter and it does suck not to see our prospects in our back yards but at the end of the day when the Sabres review our days in Portland, they will see it makes more sense. It's a hockey town and players get treated well. I'm hoping Sabres stay in Portland for years to come, and i used to go to BCA all the time when Sabres had off and see a game. Now, i order them online.

Another positive about the reduce travel is more practice time.... The Pirates will spend more time at home in their beds, on the ice in their rink, which will translate to better development. They will be in the video room more working on techniques and other things. Also, having the Sabres utilize video scouting the way they do. They don't need to be at the arena because practice is broadcast live or sent to them in Buffalo. If Ruff, Regier or any member of the coaching or scouting staff wants to see it, it's available at a moments notice from the comfy confines of the CCCC.

Great post, Chris.

Agree, Wildcard makes excellent points regarding the travel, especially where a price can be afixed...but having a farm team an hour down the road also provides dividends that can't be measured, at least not as easily.

To me, the Buffalo-Rochester connection was simply a "no-brainer," and that the Sabres would be better able to regionalize the team, much like the Bills had to, with Rochester in their back-pocket. Now, that connection is lost. Sure, it may come back someday; but, at least with it seems with Quinn, the reasons to go back to Rochester may not be quite so compelling. Galisano, being a Rochester guy, may disagree, but I don't think this would be a fight he picks with Quinn.

The Sabres will pretty much sellout HSBC regardless of affiliation (provided they continue to put a quality product on the ice). So, some may ask why the need to regionalize. It's more than tickets: it's TV viewership, selling jerseys (ugh...) and generating positive chatter about the NHL team. I don't know how much Rochester is "buzzing" about the Sabres, but I would tend to believe that the buzz would be a little louder if the farm team was still there.

Just my $.02 (American)

I don't know how much Rochester is "buzzing" about the Sabres, but I would tend to believe that the buzz would be a little louder if the farm team was still there.

It seems like WNY fans are so starved for a winner that affliations like the Amerks/Sabres will be superceeded by the fact that the Sabres are a good team. I've never seen so many Sabres fans in Rochester since the lockout. All it takes is a little winning and all the bandwagoners, for better or worse, come out of the woodwork.

On the flip side, all it takes is a little losing (ok...a lot of losing), poor management, and an affiliation change to completely lose an avid hockey fanbase like Rochester. Just ask Amerks6...er...Steve Donner.

I've never seen so many Sabres fans in Rochester since the lockout. All it takes is a little winning and all the bandwagoners, for better or worse, come out of the woodwork.

I only get back about once a year, and you're right...walking through Greece Ridge Mall (or whatever the hell they call it now) and you certainly get the feeling that Rochester is Sabres territory.

I only get back about once a year, and you're right...walking through Greece Ridge Mall (or whatever the hell they call it now) and you certainly get the feeling that Rochester is Sabres territory.

Tom Golisano will be happy to hear that!

This says it all right here. It's how I feel.

"A great many sports fans ? not just hockey fans ? say allowing the 29-year affiliation marriage with the Buffalo Sabres to end is a major reason the building is empty."

"They say no one in Rochester cares about the new parent team, the Florida Panthers."

UPDATE........

Amerks now 1-9 being outscored 21 - 48. Peeee U!!!! At least their not losing any games they should be winning or any nail biters.

DonnEr will be hanging from the Liberty Pole any time now, well as soon as someone can bring in some heavy enough cordage to hold his BIG FAT A$$!!!

One way or the other, he could suffer a similar fate like this guy did. He may not die by punishment, but by the other natural means.

Just looked at the standings. ROC is in last place after 10 gms, they are 1-9. OUCH!!

I don't blame the fans for not caring about the FLA Panthers either!

Portland, on the other hand, has the highest winning % in the league at 7-1-1 (83.3% of available points). For reference, Rochester has the lowest with 10% of available points.

Archived