Amerks off the 1-10 start!

inkman

And outscored 5-1. Attendance is listed as 5,495? :blink: :lol: Man it's getting deep in here. :ph34r:

Now now, this is a temporary setback.

As we all know, the Panthers development system is MUCH better and more comitted to winning than the Sabres system ever was, and clearly this is just a result of some bad calls, and odd bounces. How I know? Well, obviously Donner said so.

You'll see.

Now now, this is a temporary setback.

As we all know, the Panthers development system is MUCH better and more comitted to winning than the Sabres system ever was, and clearly this is just a result of some bad calls, and odd bounces. How I know? Well, obviously Donner said so.

You'll see.

Donner doesn't BS either, I just want to know where those 5,500 people came from.

Comps. They don't count attendance based on how many people walked through the gates but how many tickets were sold/given away.

It said in the paper yesterday that they aren't giving many tickets away right now, so a majority is paid. They say they can't run a business by giving things away. Someone should tell them they can't run a business by putting crap on the ice either.

It said in the paper yesterday that they aren't giving many tickets away right now, so a majority is paid. They say they can't run a business by giving things away. Someone should tell them they can't run a business by putting crap on the ice either.

You believe that?

They are averaging about 1k people in the arena... one just needs to go to a game to see what a joke it is.

You believe that?

They are averaging about 1k people in the arena... one just needs to go to a game to see what a joke it is.

I don't need to go to a game to realize what a joke it is. The Amerks organization has turned to doo doo ever since Florida came aboard. They were a good team when just Buffalo was the parent club. Just look at Portland this year. Donner is a #%^$#!ing fool. :thumbdown:

I agree with Wildcard on this one. Portland is a class A organization, have a nice rink and very great fans. And, from what i read, although Wildcard can confirm, but players in Portland live in nice apartments. In Rochester, Donner burned all the bridges with Blueberry Appartments and other ones, so nobody gave them a deal. Players lived in small hotel rooms. Plus the other things that Wildcard said, it just makes more sense.

Agree, Wildcard makes excellent points regarding the travel, especially where a price can be afixed...but having a farm team an hour down the road also provides dividends that can't be measured, at least not as easily.

Who is this "Wildcard" fellow?

The winning streak is over at 1...

2-11!

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-summary...game_id=1004951

It was too good to be true.

There was a big story on why attendance is down so much on the news tonight. Gee, maybe because THEY SUCK? And when the Panthers are using the team just for developmental purposes and not competitiveness, not many people are going to get too into it. The only thing they are developing is teaching their young guys how to accept being losers. The Panthers are not committed to winning in the AHL.

It was too good to be true.

There was a big story on why attendance is down so much on the news tonight. Gee, maybe because THEY SUCK? And when the Panthers are using the team just for developmental purposes and not competitiveness, not many people are going to get too into it. The only thing they are developing is teaching their young guys how to accept being losers. The Panthers are not committed to winning in the AHL.

The Panthers are not committed to winning in the NHL level either. :lol:

Or....is that 333% hockey?? :blink:

That's why I put it in quotes. It's "five hundred" in terms of possible points, but not in terms of wins/losses or even in terms of average points earned (around 1.25 points per game last year, if I remember correctly ... stupid nonsensical point system.)

That's why I put it in quotes. It's "five hundred" in terms of possible points, but not in terms of wins/losses or even in terms of average points earned (around 1.25 points per game last year, if I remember correctly ... stupid nonsensical point system.)

Yes, stupid nonsensical point system, but when you have stupid nonsensical owners like Donner, why not use it. :thumbsup:

I hate getting into this argument, but I will anyway. Looking at the average points per game around the league is pointless. Any NHL team (I'll use that because I have no idea how long the AHL season is) can earn a maximum of 164 points. So a .500 season would be gaining 82, an average of 1 per game.

I hate getting into this argument, but I will anyway. Looking at the average points per game around the league is pointless. Any NHL team (I'll use that because I have no idea how long the AHL season is) can earn a maximum of 164 points. So a .500 season would be gaining 82, an average of 1 per game.

Yes, but playing .500 hockey is actually playing below, not at the average, which is what most people imply when the say "five hundred hockey." Because games are worth a variable amount, .500 isn't even mediocre; it's bad. Last year, 12 of 15 EC teams (and WC, as well) played better than .500 hockey. So, my point was not that it was technically incorrect, but that it doesn't mean what people think it means. Looking at the average points per game makes more sense, because it is what most people actually mean when they say "five hundred hockey."

Archived