Amerks off the 1-10 start!

inkman

Amerks are getting ready to make their move, starting with a 2-1 win over Lake Erie tonight.

Oh, wait - 3-16-1.

:nana:

Damn, I thought about going to the game just because I am jonesin for some live hockey. Never would have thought I would've picked 1 of the 3 out of 20 they have won. Just my luck. It will be next year before they win again. :doh: :wallbash:

Breaking news.....The 3-17-2 Amerks are now not the worst team in the AHL. Their win % of 182 comes in higher than that of the 3-20-1 San Antonio Rampage's % of 146. And the Amerks total of 8 pts, is 1 whole point higher than SA's total of 7. The Amerks are in the driver seat right now having played 2 less games than SA. Way to go Amerks.

A side note to last nights Sabres/Panthers game. I bet fatass Donner was laughing so hard at that game he probably made a mess of his cream filled donuts.

post-330-1228516610_thumbjpg

Do you believe in Christmas Miracles??? Yeah, me neither, but the Amerks pitched a shutout against Albany tonight 4-0 and have finally reached double digits in the points (10) column. Yee-#%^$#!ing-haw!!!

Changes are a comin, Donner said so. :thumbsup:

San Antonio 3, Rochester 2 :wallbash:

So much for those Christmas miracles and changes. :death:

The Amerks got beat by the only team that comes close to them in the putrid category.

What's funny is that their coach was on the news yesterday saying that they started the season playing good teams with lots of experienced veterans, so it wasn't surprising that they were losing. OK ... but I don't think that theory applies to this loss.

There are only two players worth watching on the Amerks. Jordan Henry and Tanner Glass.

The Monsters aren't exactly tearing it up either - they are just ahead of the Donners with 19 points (8-11-1-2) in 22 GP. Donners are dead last with 10 points in 25 games (4-19-0-2.)

Amerks are starting to gel.......another win tonight on the road in Houston, 2-1. :thumbsup:

Mike Brodeur, the new goalie they picked up is off to a good start with the Amerks. He has started the 3 games he has been here and is 2-1 (tonight he won in a shootout) with 4 goals allowed and 1 shutout. Could that have been the Amerks problem....they just needed a real goalie? For some reason, I'm not thinking so.

yawn....who cares about Florida's farm team? :bag:

Unfortunately, I live in their home town and can't really avoid them. This thread was started as a tribute to Donner...er...Amerks6. We were told all offseason how much better the Amerks would be without the Sabres and so a little reveling was in order. So please leave your condescending, anti-Rochester sentiment at the door and join in the fun!

There are only two players worth watching on the Amerks. Jordan Henry and Tanner Glass.

The Monsters aren't exactly tearing it up either - they are just ahead of the Donners with 19 points (8-11-1-2) in 22 GP. Donners are dead last with 10 points in 25 games (4-19-0-2.)

Glad I didn't go to that game last night, since the Monsters crapped the bed and lost to the Donners 3-1.

Seems like this this is the Florida Panthers key to sucess.

Put a mediocre team on the ice and win off stellar goaltending. Craig Anderson is probally the best player on the Panthers. And now the only good player on the Amerks is Mike Broedure.

Hey. It almost worked for the 1999 Sabres. :P

The Amerks are hot. They shutout Syracuse 1-0 last night and are now a whopping...7-20-2. :worthy:

At the same time, Portland has gone ice cold and has forgotten how to score goals!

The big story is that the Amerks have won two straight for the first time this year. They are like Donner's bratwurst, on a roll!!!

Archived