Amerks off the 1-10 start!

inkman

Yes, that division is setup nicely. You could throw a blanket over all the cities in that division. Farthest they have to travel is Hartford and Providence.

Amerks 0-5 after another putrid showing. 4-1 loss to Manitoba. Now I know why Florida has sucked asss for so long, they ain't got sheit for prospects. It's a damn good thing Rochester signed the cagey vet....Fitzpatrick. This team and organization is an absolute joke. #%^$#! you Donner you fat mother #%^$#!ing worthless $#ck sucking piece of rotten dog #%^$#!!!!! :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:

7 goals scored in 5 games for the Rochester Donners. :lol: :lol:

Spoke to Gragnani tonight after the game and he said he was so happy to be out of Rochester. Not because of the fans, but because of travel. In Portland, they hardly have to travel like Rochester did so most night they get to sleep in their own beds and the players really enjoy that.

Since I see the college stuff on your site, I'll mention this. That makes me appreciate the Hockey East schedule so much over the WCHA. That has to be pretty tough on some of those kids out west.

The ship is sinking.

"But what good is it to fill up the building if we lose our shirts?"

I don't know. Perhaps win back a disenchanted fan base, so in the future you might be able to keep your shirt. I'm sick and tired of under prepared, under capitalized individuals in charge of this team. Can we get someone in place who won't be worried about finances 5 games into the season? What do I care, I'm not going to any games anyway.

[This is an automated response]

It'll be OK. Amerk6 told us that the Panthers have a much better minor league system than the Sabres do, so any day now I'm sure that the Amerks will get their 1st win and just start rolling. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sorry, I feel absolutely no sympathy for Donner nor his alter ego / apologist.

The Amerks current situation has nothing to do with Donner.

How I know? Amerks6 says "Donner says so", so it must be true.

The ship is sinking.

"But what good is it to fill up the building if we lose our shirts?"

I don't know. Perhaps win back a disenchanted fan base, so in the future you might be able to keep your shirt. I'm sick and tired of under prepared, under capitalized individuals in charge of this team. Can we get someone in place who won't be worried about finances 5 games into the season? What do I care, I'm not going to any games anyway.

I don't think that there's a whole lot that Styres can do to remedy the current situation. The Panthers have final say on all personnel going to the Amerks (hello, Beetlejuice, Amerk6, Amerk6, Amerk6) and right now (as opposed to every single other year they've existed) they don't have a whole lot of talent down on the farm. Styres has stated he's willing to pay extra for an AHL-level scorer to come to town, but Donner had the same latitute in the past; but was so far out of his league it was never an option (Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice). Saying you'll pay for a career minor leaguer at the end of October is very similar to saying you'll trade for a veteran leader in March after your team is 15 points out of a playoff spot. Too little, too late. (But I could be good, and I would, if I knew I was understood. And it'll be great, just wait, or is it too little too late.)

LQ might have actually done something right here.

I don't doubt that. I'm curious as to how much involvement OSP had in the decision. It was a fast ball down the middle of the plate, just like the return to a rendition of the old logo after the lockout...oh wait. :wallbash:

I understand the pain and frustration from Amerks fans. The fans of Rochester deserve much better. I'm sure things will work out for the Sabres in Portland. But, as a life long Sabre fan? Not having the prospects playing in Rochester is a wrong I hope gets corrected sometime down the road.

Speaking of minor league affiliations? Am I the only Buffalo sports that hates the idea of the Mets being the parent club of the Bisons. I hate NYC and wish it would detach and sink into the ocean.

I understand the pain and frustration from Amerks fans. The fans of Rochester deserve much better. I'm sure things will work out for the Sabres in Portland. But, as a life long Sabre fan? Not having the prospects playing in Rochester is a wrong I hope gets corrected sometime down the road.

Speaking of minor league affiliations? Am I the only Buffalo sports that hates the idea of the Mets being the parent club of the Bisons. I hate NYC and wish it would detach and sink into the ocean.

I got that covered when I become governor in 2036. :thumbsup:

I got that covered when I become governor in 2036. :thumbsup:

As long as you can get past the NYC/LI machine, that would be the first time in a long time that there's been an upstate governor. (Sorry, but I don't think Pataki counts. Hudson River guy).

BTW, factually speaking, what would be the minimum age you would have to be by law to be governor?

Back to the topic at hand, I feel sorry for Amerks fans like Inky. It does feel like losing your right-hand man. I hope Donner enjoys what he has for now, because I'm sure the fans there have as much respect for him like Cleveland Browns fans had for Art Modell.

UPDATE........

Amerks now 1-9 being outscored 21 - 48. Peeee U!!!! At least their not losing any games they should be winning or any nail biters.

Donnor will be hanging from the Liberty Pole any time now, well as soon as someone can bring in some heavy enough cordage to hold his BIG FAT ASSS!!!

Those are probably only the season ticket suckers. I wouldn't pay to watch that train wreck. I would go for free just so I could boo my bag off and bring in Donnor Sucks signs.

It sucks that the Rochester hockey fans got screwed over the way they did. It must be tough to see the Pirates at 6-1-1 and Gerbe with 7 goals in 8 games. It sucks for Sabre fans that they can't take the short trip to watch the kids develop.

I couldn't agree with you more.

It sucks that the Rochester hockey fans got screwed over the way they did. It must be tough to see the Pirates at 6-1-1 and Gerbe with 7 goals in 8 games. It sucks for Sabre fans that they can't take the short trip to watch the kids develop.

Nothing like twisting the knife once it's in...

I don't see how the new affiliation benefits the Sabres at all.

They aren't affiliated with the likes of Donner and now Styres whom I am beginning to question the capabilites of. He has does nothing to give the fans a reason to go see this team. Was he completely unaware of how disenchanted the fan base has become? He walked face first into a poop storm and he's got a face full of it now.

Not the intention I assure you. It just seems that the only winners in this whole mess are the Pirates and their fans. I don't see how the new affiliation benefits the Sabres at all.

Agreed. I've paid to watch Portland online this year already and passed up free tickets to the Amerks. I love the Amerks franchise and became a Sabres fan because of it (their players went to Buffalo), but I only have the time to follow one organization. Given the choice between Buffalo-Portland and Florida-Rochester, I have to choose Buffalo-Portland. Were the Amerks the NHL team in their organization or Buffalo the minor league team, I'd choose Rochester, but that's not the case.

I have but one wish for the Amerks: they survive the fallout of this current debacle long enough to see Donner gone, as I would hate to see them fold. If Buffalo can ever get them back, that would be perfect (no disrespect to Portland, as they are a great affiliate and I would wish them the best in finding a new NHL team, but Buffalo-Rochester just makes too much sense.)

Not the intention I assure you. It just seems that the only winners in this whole mess are the Pirates and their fans. I don't see how the new affiliation benefits the Sabres at all.

Sometimes this kind of thing is necessary to wake up the very few Amerk6's of the world who still believe in Donner (or himself).

Archived