Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

what someone had to say about it.

My complaint is that I was just about to drift off to sleep--I mean, I was SO CLOSE, but the youtube stream ended.

That guy has some real skills. He's wasting them on religious commentary; he should do hypnosis tapes or something like that, instead.

EDIT: After googling the name in Crosschecking's post, I've learned the following things, none of which I could possibly have gleaned in the time it took for the religious commentary guy to lull me into drooling near-sleep:

1. There's someone nicknamed Perez Hilton (I had sort of heard of this), who has a real name, and it's Mario Armando Lavandeira, Jr.

2. Television stations, and apparently pageants, care about this Perez Hilton's opinion. (Television stations also care about Paris Hilton's opinion, so this isn't shocking.)

3. Perez Hilton is gay and is "out." And even if he weren't "out," he'd be "out."

4. California has an incredibly good looking blonde woman (I had sort of heard of this, too), who apparently is steadfast in her views.

5. Perez Hilton asked the blonde woman a question.

6. She answered honestly.

7. Perez Hilton was not happy with her answer.

8. Television stations actually reported this #%^$#! as if it were important.

9. Although I might personally disagree with the incredibly good looking blonde woman, out of everyone involved, she acted with the best character. She didn't flip out (as did Perez Hilton), nor did she capitalize on it (as did the TV stations--sorry, it's not "TV," it's "television"; I don't want to offend anyone). She just answered a stupidly-posed question the way she honestly felt. Plus, she's an incredibly good looking blonde woman.

10. Some guy with an ugly polo shirt tried to put me to sleep while talking about all of this.

And here's what I can conclude:

1. I want to sleep with the blonde woman, even if I don't agree with her, but it isn't likely to happen. (I could pretend to agree with her, but still, probably, no.)

2. Television continues to distract people from real issues.

3. Sadly, someone continues or some people continue to subsidize:

(a) pageants,

(b) this Perez Hilton character,

© bad television, and

(d) the dude with the ugly polo shirt.

4. There is too much time between games tonight.

Those last four points are my official Thursday complaints, probably in decreasing order of importance.

My complaint is that I was just about to drift off to sleep--I mean, I was SO CLOSE, but the youtube stream ended.

That guy has some real skills. He's wasting them on religious commentary; he should do hypnosis tapes or something like that, instead.

I know that you and I aren't going to agree on some things, and I don't believe that this is an exception. Having said that, given the fact that I am quite theologically minded, I thought that his observations were highly apropos.

Now, if you don't mind, I feel that I must share with you some naivety from my younger days: When I was much younger, I wondered how people could base a science on the word "The" with regards to the-ology. Obviously, I learned later on down the line that such was not the case. I still get a bit of a chuckle when I think about it.

I know that you and I aren't going to agree on some things, and I don't believe that this is an exception. Having said that, given the fact that I am quite theologically minded, I thought that his observations were highly apropos.

Now, if you don't mind, I feel that I must share with you some naivety from my younger days: When I was much younger, I wondered how people could base a science on the word "The" with regards to the-ology. Obviously, I learned later on down the line that such was not the case. I still get a bit of a chuckle when I think about it.

I edited the post to give you some more fuel, XC!

Please clarify. There's three people I've covered thus far, including the guy who made a lucid observation on the whole matter.

I meant the two in your plus/minus. I won't comment on the preacher.

:thumbsup: to 11.

No Sabres playoffs just sucks.

As senior advisor and site historian, I am pleased to announce the site has undergone a format change. It's now WINE, all whine, all the time. I was going to announce it in an LB-style animated press conference, but I'll be damned if can figure out how to do it! LB is a genius.

As senior advisor and site historian, I am pleased to announce the site has undergone a format change. It's now WINE, all whine, all the time. I was going to announce it in an LB-style animated press conference, but I'll be damned if can figure out how to do it! LB is a genius.

Wine, and whine, gives me a headache.

One thing work related... Why should I have to unsubscribe to email mass mailings that I never subscribed to in the first place. Furthermore, once I do unsubscribe, don't send me another email telling me this will take effect in 2 to 3 weeks. It should take effect immediately.

Stop spamming me!!!!! :angry: :angry:

When will I stop making mistakes?

You're human ink! Just like the rest of us...even with all those tats.. :thumbsup:

Complaint: The news media that makes us feel like it's Captain Tripps and we are doomed...

OMG PIG FLU WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!! PIIIIIIIG FLUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Look, we get it. There's a new strain of influenza, and it has taken the lives of some people. Just like, oh, every other year. Get back to reporting real news.

Look, we get it. There's a new strain of influenza, and it has taken the lives of some people. Just like, oh, every other year. Get back to reporting real news.

On a side note see how the economy has rebounded while the swine flu has taken control of the headlines.

Conspiracy theorists unite.

And it has weaker symptoms and a lower fatality rate than the regular flu. DOOMED!

I visit a disney board from time to time(depends if I am planning a trip) and there are people debating whether they should cancel their trip because of this. :lol:

#1 - I picked the Devils & Sharks to come out of their respective conferences.

#2 - My wife's boss....he's blaming everything under the sun on her when the reasons those problems occur are 100% out of her control. She calls me a couple of times a day about this and she's (unfortunately) bringing the stress home with her. I'm ready to break this guy's nose.

#1 - I picked the Devils & Sharks to come out of their respective conferences.

#2 - My wife's boss....he's blaming everything under the sun on her when the reasons those problems occur are 100% out of her control. She calls me a couple of times a day about this and she's (unfortunately) bringing the stress home with her. I'm ready to break this guy's nose.

You should just wait outside of her work and when he comes out "have a little talk" with him.

You should just wait outside of her work and when he comes out "have a little talk" with him.

See, I would've said that's what he gets for letting the wife out of the kitchen. :D ;)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to how certain people respond to this one.

I smell distraction. Something else is going on right now and they are diverting our attention to something trivial.