Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I never understood women. I can't be of help with the unsaid subtext here.

These situations are always easy to read. If the relationship has been having trouble and she leaves you then there's a 50% chance there's not another guy she's after. But if she leaves you out of the blue because she "wants to be single" it's because she wants to make herself 100% available to someone else. There's very rarely another reason. Because if there was she'd tell you.

Liger, keep this in mind. Eleven is wrong. Not everyone goes through this. Only the lucky ones. Remember what it felt like when the Sabres got eliminated from the playoffs that time? It only felt that way because it was a great season. There will be more.

Liger, keep this in mind. Eleven is wrong. Not everyone goes through this. Only the lucky ones. Remember what it felt like when the Sabres got eliminated from the playoffs that time? It only felt that way because it was a great season. There will be more.

That is a fair way of looking at it.

This sux. It's something everyone goes through, though. Breakups and the pain associated with them are an unfortunate part of life. Just remember how excited you were when you announced to SabreSpace that you had a first date, and keep in mind that you will have that excitement again. You really will.

Not everyone, I've been with the same gal since we were 15. So I don't really know how this feels. I also have no comparisons, I may be in the worst relationship ever, I have no idea.

Sorry man, that does indeed suck, but please don't even attempt this. Wish her well and move on....

2 good pieces of advice here.

I am 100% confident you will come back strong and wiser for the experience.

1. Got my son back Monday from a week at his mom's with either Hand Foot & Mouth or Chicken Pox. Took him to the doctor on Monday evening and she had no clue what it was. Said it could be either of them, and to act as if he's highly contagious. My wife, who runs the daycare he attends, said "no way" to allowing him to go, so he's been coming to work with me this week.

To follow up on one of my complaints from last week, it was definitely hand foot and mouth he had, because now I have it. The doctor told me not to worry as it's "extremely rare" for adults to get it. Well, Friday it started with a sore throat and slight fever, then Sunday morning out came the flippin blisters. All over my fingertips, feet, toes, and a few random ones scattered here and there. These aren't normal blisters either. Small, and painful as hell. The ones on my fingers have all seemingly calloused over, but walking around with 40-50 blisters on the bottom of each foot is miserable. I've been hobbling around everywhere for days now. Plus, I'm apparently contagious for five days, so I've been quarantined so the wife and kids don't get it. I believe I'm no longer contagious today, but this crap lasts for about a week and a half in all.

To follow up on one of my complaints from last week, it was definitely hand foot and mouth he had, because now I have it. The doctor told me not to worry as it's "extremely rare" for adults to get it. Well, Friday it started with a sore throat and slight fever, then Sunday morning out came the flippin blisters. All over my fingertips, feet, toes, and a few random ones scattered here and there. These aren't normal blisters either. Small, and painful as hell. The ones on my fingers have all seemingly calloused over, but walking around with 40-50 blisters on the bottom of each foot is miserable. I've been hobbling around everywhere for days now. Plus, I'm apparently contagious for five days, so I've been quarantined so the wife and kids don't get it. I believe I'm no longer contagious today, but this crap lasts for about a week and a half in all.

Feel better that has to be terrible.

You can take the girl out of FSU, but not the FSU out of the girl.

A) All broads are crazy. It's your job to find the broad whose crazy most matches yours and who is in tune with her own craziness...which a good one will admit they have no clue

B) If you are a good hearted dude, it's going to sting. Like PA said, it's playoff experience. Chalk it up to being more prepared and better for yourself next time around. Don't get too cynical, but read point A again and realize that comes with insecurity and the need to feel appreciated. I like to employ a "distanced appreciation" until I know it's the real goods. I'm cynical to a fault, but a romantic at heart. That's why I will marry a stripper.

C) You have a good year of jack material built up. Find an adult film star who is somewhat similar in looks, and take it out on Little LIGR.

D) For as much as you may or may not get harassed here sometimes, I have no doubt you are a good dude. Enjoy being young. If you get broken up with on a phone call or through data exchange, that's not captain material. A true woman breaks up with you to your face so you can ram her one more time for old time's sake. That's the rule.

Ugh. Shudder.

Jeeeeez man. Feel better and godspeed to health!

Wow - you've really been put through the wringer lately. So sorry about everything - I hope things will begin to improve for you soon. (Maybe you need to get hold of a shaman or a medicine man and get your mojo turned around.) Please take care and know that we are all pulling for you!

A) All broads are crazy. It's your job to find the broad whose crazy most matches yours and who is in tune with her own craziness...which a good one will admit they have no clue

B) If you are a good hearted dude, it's going to sting. Like PA said, it's playoff experience. Chalk it up to being more prepared and better for yourself next time around. Don't get too cynical, but read point A again and realize that comes with insecurity and the need to feel appreciated. I like to employ a "distanced appreciation" until I know it's the real goods. I'm cynical to a fault, but a romantic at heart. That's why I will marry a stripper.

C) You have a good year of jack material built up. Find an adult film star who is somewhat similar in looks, and take it out on Little LIGR.

D) For as much as you may or may not get harassed here sometimes, I have no doubt you are a good dude. Enjoy being young. If you get broken up with on a phone call or through data exchange, that's not captain material. A true woman breaks up with you to your face so you can ram her one more time for old time's sake. That's the rule.

lol i have to say this thread has made me smile today.

I laughed several times while reading this one. Nicely done.

Feel better that has to be terrible.

Yes, it is. Sorry to hear your news as well, but be grateful it happened now. Whether she found another guy or not is irrelevant. Just be glad she jumped ship before you got too serious. It's 100 times worse when a crazy broad decides she "wants to be single" after you've been married for 3 years and have a kid together. You're young, enjoy your life and when the time and person are right, it'll all work out.

P.S. - I realize my comments do nothing to make you feel better, but just trying to share some perspective from someone who has been there.

P.P.S. - I had a craving for Chinese food for lunch, so I hobbled over to the little mom & pop Chinese restaurant across the street, and ordered my usual, sesame chicken with fried rice and a spring roll. Brought it back to my office and sat down only to realize they gave me sweet & sour chicken with an egg roll. I was the only damn person in the restaurant! So, I'm begrudgingly eating this, because I don't feel like hobbling back over there to complain.

Edited by ChileanSeaBass

Sorry man, that does indeed suck, but please don't even attempt this. Wish her well and move on....

Some drunken debauchery with some of your friends this weekend might be in order.

Yes - trying to stay "friends" doesn't really ever seem to work (at least not well). I was in a pretty serious relationship with someone I thought was "the one" - she broke up with me saying she still wanted to be friends. We tried going to a movie together, dinner, etc. and it was OK as far as it went. But, after a few months of that, she wanted to...well, hop back in the rack because she was (ahem) "in need" and was not seeing anyone else at the time (in other words, the guy she dumped me for dumped her). I asked if this meant we were "back on" again. She said no. So did I. We pretty much stopped seeing one another, even as "friends". I don't regret saying "No".

That being said, LGR, as much pain as this is causing now, think of how bad it would have been if the relationship had gone further. I know that's small comfort right now, but it is something to hold on to. Try to be strong. Soon, it will be Spring and you are now free to pursue...