Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Update to my own issue: The engineer tells me that the test setup isn't done the way it needs to be and I need to redo the cert. They never told me how they wanted it, so I followed what documentation I could find, but its not quite right and we're starting over. FUN. I'm making him stay on the line and make sure everything is correct, then run the tests he needs to see so I can do all of it on my own next week and not have to worry about it.

The guy I'm working with is a nice guy, but this company never seems to have its ###### together, and its wearing on me.

Edited by sabills

Update to my own issue: The engineer tells me that the test setup isn't done the way it needs to be and I need to redo the cert. They never told me how they wanted it, so I followed what documentation I could find, but its not quite right and we're starting over. FUN. I'm making him stay on the line and make sure everything is correct, then run the tests he needs to see so I can do all of it on my own next week and not have to worry about it.

The guy I'm working with is a nice guy, but this company never seems to have its ###### together, and its wearing on me.

I'm always amazed at how badly a business can operate while still making money. 

Training a new hire at work for the past few weeks.  Instructing attorneys on the proper way to do anything makes cat herding look like a worthwhile endeavor at the best of times.  Then I get this today after the 95th screw up of the morning: "Man, maybe I should be taking my ADD medication after all." 

I have another one waiting for me when I get done with this one.  No word on any meds involved...

It's the rule rather than the exception. They make money in spite of themselves.

It's maddening. I always enjoy when the owner of said business makes sure his success is obvious by driving fancy cars and having a big house, but he can't be bothered to make his business run better in order to do things like pay his employees better. Just throwing money away.

My Buffalo people driving 5 mph under the speed limit, seems everyone is stuck in winter driving mode; then flip me off, or beep as I drive by doing 65. If you ever have flipped off a guy in a Black GMC and he opens the rear window,  waves, and blows kisses at you. Yup, that was me.

Shopping with my wife since 11am. This is awful. Just ###### awful. This is the reason I wear clothes from 2003. Anything new that I own was bought online. This is the reason children are always missing at the mall. They aren't lost, they ###### run away! No end in sight. I don't give a ###### if anyone is judging me for sitting on the floor. Put some chairs in here! No end in sight.

That is the reason none of my clothes fit. I run in grab the size I was last year, get home to find out it doesn't fit. Then it goes into the closet with the rest of my clothes with the tags still on them..

My wife works from home which is great, sort of.  She's....ALWAYS...HOME... There is no escape, no sanctuary, no respite.  The warden's eye is always cast upon me....

Take back your castle.

Edited by DirtDart

My Buffalo people driving 5 mph under the speed limit, seems everyone is stuck in winter driving mode; then flip me off, or beep as I drive by doing 65. If you ever have flipped off a guy in a Black GMC and he opens the rear window,  waves, and blows kisses at you. Yup, that was me.

That is the reason none of my clothes fit. I run in grab the size I was last year, get home to find out it doesn't fit. Then it goes into the closet with the rest of my clothes with the tags still on them..

Take back your castle.

I think I'm going to start flipping off Black GMC's just to try elicit that behavior.

It's maddening. I always enjoy when the owner of said business makes sure his success is obvious by driving fancy cars and having a big house, but he can't be bothered to make his business run better in order to do things like pay his employees better. Just throwing money away.

Yeah I was told by an employee a while back that he appreciated the way our owner flaunted his money. Smh still as I type this.

Work is getting super awkward.  The chick from last week is still all over my direct supervisor and doesn't trust him, and while I definitely disapprove of her actions having been on the other side of it, I also can't blame her in some ways for her feelings towards him, because he's had almost a year to get this operation off the ground and has seemed to waste time and money without having accomplished much.  So far she's happy with me and I appreciate that I'm being given more work because she's delegating directly to us rather than me being out of the loop and having to wait for him to hand off work (which he's far too slow to do), but it leaves me in the uncomfortable position of feeling like I'm playing both sides to keep her happy and get things done without unintentionally giving her more ammo to make his life miserable.  Blargh.

DirecTV

I'll not complain about the outrageous cost...

Sunday night, CBS, every fall..

CBS regular programming is always running later because of the football games.  So their lineup gets shifted to weird start times.

How is it possible, in 2016, that DTV can't figure out that Madam Secretary is not on at 0900, but will start at 9:46 and record at the proper time?

There must be some information that the network provides along with the stream that says when a program is starting...

After all, they don't seem to have an issue getting local commercials in.

Every week, my recording misses the last 10-15m of the show, you know, the unimportant part...

DirecTV

CBS regular programming is always running later because of the football games.  So their lineup gets shifted to weird start times.

How is it possible, in 2016, that DTV can't figure out that Madam Secretary is not on at 0900, but will start at 9:46 and record at the proper time?

There must be some information that the network provides along with the stream that says when a program is starting...

Every week, my recording misses the last 10-15m of the show, you know, the unimportant part...

Just choose record series for whatever show is scheduled to air after it.

DirecTV

Madame Secretary?!?! (snicker)

Just adjust the recording option in the series setup to record for an extra 30 minutes (an hour if you're really worried about the last 2 minutes) & you'll be good to go. Either reset it in February or just ignore those extra 30 afterwards after football is done.

Madame Secretary. Good one. :p

DirecTV

CBS regular programming is always running later because of the football games. So their lineup gets shifted to weird start times.

Wait, you watch a show called 'Madam Secretary". Please relinquish man card.

Madame Secretary?!?! (snicker)

Just adjust the recording option in the series setup to record for an extra 30 minutes (an hour if you're really worried about the last 2 minutes) & you'll be good to go. Either reset it in February or just ignore those extra 30 afterwards after football is done.

Madame Secretary. Good one. :P

I should not have to do that either,  I have resorted to that in the past.

Hey!!

I like the show,  Back off!!   :w00t:

Wait, you watch a show called 'Madam Secretary". Please relinquish man card.

It's good actually..  I make no apologies.