Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This could just as easily go in the politics thread.......

My employer is one of the largest auto parts manufacturers in the world.  Just last week they announced record earnings for 2015.  Wow, that's great!  Along with that announcement was an announcement that employee bonus checks will be distributed in March.  For salaried employees only.  Non-salaried employees got a different notice.  We were told yesterday that sales projections for this year are lower than last year.  We all have to take 5 days layoff in the 1st quarter.  Necessity for layoffs in the remaining quarters will be reviewed as the year progresses.

I'll leave the politico-economic rant I have building for the politics thread.........

My employer is one of the largest auto parts manufacturers in the world.  Just last week they announced record earnings for 2015.  Wow, that's great!  Along with that announcement was an announcement that employee bonus checks will be distributed in March.  For salaried employees only.  Non-salaried employees got a different notice.  We were told yesterday that sales projections for this year are lower than last year.  We all have to take 5 days layoff in the 1st quarter.  Necessity for layoffs in the remaining quarters will be reviewed as the year progresses.

I'll leave the politico-economic rant I have building for the politics thread.........

Unfortunately, this is how America seems to work now.  Those in charge will take any opportunity to clap themselves on the back (and give themselves a bonus/raise) at the least little positive news.  When the economic news is not quite so good, it comes down on the poor working stiffs. 

My complaint for the day is the recent weather.  We had a really "soft" winter up until last Friday. Now, a foot of snow has fallen in the last 5 days.  And tomorrow, the temps are going up to near 50F.  I mean, why has the weather waited until now to suck....?

My employer is one of the largest auto parts manufacturers in the world. Just last week they announced record earnings for 2015. Wow, that's great! Along with that announcement was an announcement that employee bonus checks will be distributed in March. For salaried employees only. Non-salaried employees got a different notice. We were told yesterday that sales projections for this year are lower than last year. We all have to take 5 days layoff in the 1st quarter. Necessity for layoffs in the remaining quarters will be reviewed as the year progresses.

I'm shocked that this would be allowed to happen. :rolleyes:

The more I'm in weddings, the more I'm around weddings, the more I want to elope or have a tiny one. Some good beers, a pretty dress, some freakin' pulled pork and bourbon, and people we like. Like, all 30 of them. 

My complaint started as an awesome. Was asked if I wanted to be lead animator on a major project. Said I was a little nervous but I'd give it a shot. Figured they meant in the animation program we've used for the last 10 years.

Nope, brand new program I've never opened. Which I have to learn, on the effing fly, immediately, or risk failing and looking like an ass. 

Thanks. Wasn't part of the deal or I would've said no.

My company is incredibly cliquey/immature- the main animator dude pretty much let me know that he believes only he, the one animator (actually trained), and his friend are capable of decent animation and I suck. So this'll just prove him right. 

Kill me. Like I needed more goddamn stress and chances to look like a talentless hack. I hate this place. Sure sure, it's a test, you can do it, blah blah 

Amen, sista.  And sorry about the job... hope that's gotten better since then.

That blows.  Even more reason to wish you good luck on the interview!

My complaint: after seeming super interested and wanting to schedule an interview with me ASAP, I haven't heard back on the other job since Tues. evening.  WTF, people?  Why you gotta leave me hanging?

Finally...a chance to whine...

#1 - My shoulder. It's very likely tendinitis, but it won't go the F away. It's my right shoulder and since I'm right-handed, almost everything I do bugs it. The doc sent me to PT, which usually helps, but it still won't go away - it even hurts when I lie down. Now I have to see an orthopedist, who will take two weeks to do an MRI to tell me it's tendinitis, and then tell me to stop doing everything. Resting and ice helps, but when I get back to doing my usual active routine, it comes back. I just want a steroid or cortisone shot to stop it. At least I get to finally see the ortho today because...

Ask and ye shall receive...I was able to get myself a cortisone shot today. Apparently, getting an MRI approval from my insurance company is the biggest PITA on the planet.

Ask and ye shall receive...I was able to get myself a cortisone shot today. Apparently, getting an MRI approval from my insurance company is the biggest PITA on the planet.

You're officially one step closer to being a pro athlete. When the cortisone wears off try some cocaine!

I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but Naloxone (med that reverses heroin OD) is now available OTC in all the grocery stores in my hometown area (Toledo). Good, because it'll save a lot of lives. Bad... a sign of the times. 

My friend's husband is selling her stuff behind her back for more money for more sh!t. Found out a few more kids from my class are struggling too, a couple more died this month already. 

Fu** that stuff, man. 

I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but Naloxone (med that reverses heroin OD) is now available OTC in all the grocery stores in my hometown area (Toledo). Good, because it'll save a lot of lives. Bad... a sign of the times. 

My friend's husband is selling her stuff behind her back for more money for more sh!t. Found out a few more kids from my class are struggling too, a couple more died this month already. 

Fu** that stuff, man. 

They literally fought a war over how bad it was, it's not good. I'll never forget my one buddy, "I swear man, half that stuff can't be nearly as bad as they say it is". No , 2 years later, heroin addict. Some stuff really is just as bad as your parents always told you. I mean, it is described as the best feeling in the world, does that really sound like something you can just do once?

They literally fought a war over how bad it was, it's not good. I'll never forget my one buddy, "I swear man, half that stuff can't be nearly as bad as they say it is". No ######, 2 years later, heroin addict. Some stuff really is just as bad as your parents always told you. I mean, it is described as the best feeling in the world, does that really sound like something you can just do once?

It's definitely an addictive substance (up there with nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine) but the whole try it once and you're hooked nonsense is just that (nonsense). Bill Maher had a guest on his show some months back that talked about how flawed the majority of addiction studies were with rats because they were basically in empty glass or metal cages and given the choice of plain water or water laced with heroin. In a scenario like that of course the rat is way more likely to opt for the heroin. When this other guy's group replicated the same study in a more stimulating environment (foliage, exercise wheel, other rats to fornicate with and whatever else) the rats they studied had much lower rates of addiction.

That's why when Grandma A breaks a hip and get's put on morphine for 2 months or so she doesn't end up addicted but Grandma B does. The addiction occurs not because of the drug itself but the drug in conjunction with other facets of the addicts life, whether it's depression, PTSD, addictive personality disorder, or something else. Heroin is not a drug that most people will use once and resort to blowing people in the alley just to get a fix though.

It's definitely an addictive substance (up there with nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine) but the whole try it once and you're hooked nonsense is just that (nonsense). Bill Maher had a guest on his show some months back that talked about how flawed the majority of addiction studies were with rats because they were basically in empty glass or metal cages and given the choice of plain water or water laced with heroin. In a scenario like that of course the rat is way more likely to opt for the heroin. When this other guy's group replicated the same study in a more stimulating environment (foliage, exercise wheel, other rats to fornicate with and whatever else) the rats they studied had much lower rates of addiction.

That's why when Grandma A breaks a hip and get's put on morphine for 2 months or so she doesn't end up addicted but Grandma B does. The addiction occurs not because of the drug itself but the drug in conjunction with other facets of the addicts life, whether it's depression, PTSD, addictive personality disorder, or something else. Heroin is not a drug that most people will use once and resort to blowing people in the alley just to get a fix though.

Good stuff. I definitely shouldn't have put that in there, especially considering I've tried a bunch of stuff, but never more than twice.

Good stuff. I definitely shouldn't have put that in there, especially considering I've tried a bunch of stuff, but never more than twice.

It's a common misperception which is why I posted what I did. I heard the same crap about heroin in DARE and took it to heart but saw it as nonsense as I got older because so many of the other things they said were nonsense, like the evil drug dealer who passed out free samples on the playground to get everybody hooked. I never met these mythical drug dealers. Where the hell are my free samples?! Ha ha!

It's a common misperception which is why I posted what I did. I heard the same crap about heroin in DARE and took it to heart but saw it as nonsense as I got older because so many of the other things they said were nonsense, like the evil drug dealer who passed out free samples on the playground to get everybody hooked. I never met these mythical drug dealers. Where the hell are my free samples?! Ha ha!

Which is why DARE, and similar programs, need to dial it back and focus on the truth.

Which is why DARE, and similar programs, need to dial it back and focus on the truth.

It would be nice. Then they could start teaching real sex ed instead of abstinence only and the number of abortions, STD's, and unwanted pregnancies could drop as well. Then we could teach kids the earth is spherical and not flat, that vaccines don't cause autism, and that evolution is real. Maybe one day, if President Reagan Worshipper allows it.

It would be nice. Then they could start teaching real sex ed instead of abstinence only and the number of abortions, STD's, and unwanted pregnancies could drop as well. Then we could teach kids the earth is spherical and not flat, that vaccines don't cause autism, and that evolution is real. Maybe one day, if President Reagan Worshipper allows it.

Actually, the earth is ever-so-slightly pear-shaped; the circumference in the Northern Hemisphere is a little less than at the corresponding point in the Southern Hemisphere.  It's true - you could look it up!  

:P

Or like when they told me that Len Bias tried ONE sniff of coke, ONE time and he OD'd. OD'd! Not led to a heart attach from his heart arrhythmia(and coke problem). OD'd. Christ, DARE is stupid.

Actually, the earth is ever-so-slightly pear-shaped; the circumference in the Northern Hemisphere is a little less than at the corresponding point in the Southern Hemisphere.  It's true - you could look it up!  

There's someone on twitter (no clue who but someone linked it on this site) proclaiming it's flat. The infuriating part is (s)he'll probably have 10 kids and teach them all to be as stupid as he/she is.

Huh, I never heard that. I knew the circumference around the equator is larger than from pole to pole (the spinning fattens it up a bit) though.

There's someone on twitter (no clue who but someone linked it on this site) proclaiming it's flat. The infuriating part is (s)he'll probably have 10 kids and teach them all to be as stupid as he/she is.

It's some rapper guy. I'm not convinced it's real since I'd never heard of him and now a ton more people do; viral marketing and all that. I'm not sure it works though, since I can't remember his name.

Edited by MattPie

My HS teacher showed us the video saying the earth was flat. Full on documentary from one of these organizations too. Pissed me off so much I left the class and went to lunch. Came back later and he was laughing his ass off about it, telling me it was a joke and he'll make sure to show it to every class from now on

Huh, I never heard that. I knew the circumference around the equator is larger than from pole to pole (the spinning fattens it up a bit) though.

It's some rapper guy. I'm not convinced it's real since I'd never heard of him and now a ton more people do; viral marketing and all that. I'm not sure it works though, since I can't remember his name.

It's alot more than some rapper guy.  Google up Flat Earth Society.  They've been around a long time.  For some reason it seems to be gaining traction on social media lately.

It's alot more than some rapper guy.  Google up Flat Earth Society.  They've been around a long time.  For some reason it seems to be gaining traction on social media lately.

These idiots are everywhere.  

Edited by Eleven