Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hear ya. I've been telling her to do that for awhile, but her excuses are time and money, which to be perfectly fair, are in very very short supply for her on both counts. Him... he was in an outpatient rehab for awhile. I'm not sure of his condition currently. I'm just scared I'm going to get a really bad call one of these days. 

I do this when I can. Drove 7 hours home a few weeks back (before i broke the leg) just to take her out for an evening. I hope I can go home for Christmas this year and get her out of the house/away from stuff for another night. Even if I can't drive. 

God what a mess.

It's an unhealthy relationship but somehow we gotta give her the self-efficacy to walk away. It is very hard.

My friend I've mentioned before, the one with the heroin using husband? She's in trouble. I guess he hasn't paid off his drug dues, and a bunch of drug dealers showed up at their house at midnight last night with guns.

She's still asking me if she should leave him.  I'm wondering if I can pony up enough money to tell her to get a damn apartment and I'll pay for it for a month or two. She'd probably never accept it. 

My mind is in overdrive about the things I could see happening with this latest development. 

Holy crap.  Scary stuff, Jo... I hope everything works out before things get worse.

My stepmom's dad passed away yesterday.  It was expected because he was 83 and in poor health, and had developed pneumonia (on top of COPD).  He'd chosen not to have treatment last week and they spend the last several days in the Hospice wing of the hospital, which was surprisingly nice and thoughtfully designed from what they were telling me.  She wasn't close to her father, either, but her mother died when she was young so he was the only parent left.  And jeez, the timing... can everything in their lives please stop going to sh!t now?  They need a freaking break for once.

And the other girl I work with is driving me nuts.  I'm honestly debating whether to start looking for another job.  I hate what I'm doing right now anyway, but I like my boss and I'm still holding onto a sliver of hope that I can start doing more interesting work in the next several weeks.  But the other girl here has a serious Napoleon complex, and most days she makes things miserable.  It's like she's looking for reasons to be upset, because she'll chew me out about the stupidest things whenever she feels slighted or left out.  I just want to stay out of her way and be left alone to do my crappy work, but she's unpredictable and frustrating, and I'm tired of her always talking to me like I'm a child when we should be equals.

I feel your pain

Luckily the hard part is behind me. The beginning of this week was never-ending. A presentation, a final paper, and a final all on Monday. Then another final paper and presentation on Tuesday. Wednesday was our "reading day" so no classes, and I had 2 finals today. One final left on Friday and one on Monday. 

I bought a set of snow tires on wheels from an acquaintance who assured me that they were only a couple seasons old and in great shape. I figured $300 for a used set vs $1000 for new would be a fair tradeoff. The tread wear was good.

Evidently at least one is either out of round or on a bent wheel. I've had them re-balanced, I've rotated them, and yet I can't eliminate the road vibration.

Looks like I'll be spending that bribe from VW sooner than I planned and chalking a few hundred bucks up to the challenge of trying to be thrifty when broke. :wallbash:

Not sure what make car you own but I had an issue with my Subaru Outback last year.  Bought a NEW set of tires and had a vibration issue.  Tires rebalanced, rotated, taken off rims and remounted, nothing helped.

I happened to speak to a Subaru mechanic who suggested I get the tires FORCE balanced.  The system presses a bar on the tire while the balancing is done and the tire is spun.  It simulates the weight of the car on the tire while spinning down the road.  Subaru did it for about $100.  Smooth as cream after that.

Not sure if this is something unique to Subaru (my model year was known for shimmies/shakes in the steering wheel) but it might be something to talk to someone about.

Not sure what make car you own but I had an issue with my Subaru Outback last year.  Bought a NEW set of tires and had a vibration issue.  Tires rebalanced, rotated, taken off rims and remounted, nothing helped.

I happened to speak to a Subaru mechanic who suggested I get the tires FORCE balanced.  The system presses a bar on the tire while the balancing is done and the tire is spun.  It simulates the weight of the car on the tire while spinning down the road.  Subaru did it for about $100.  Smooth as cream after that.

Not sure if this is something unique to Subaru (my model year was known for shimmies/shakes in the steering wheel) but it might be something to talk to someone about.

Dorschel VW (where I bought it) has a Hunter Road Force, so I may have to just suck it up and take it there. Was hoping to avoid the embarrassment being that guy who bought used tires for his brand new car.  :blush:

I will note that the Dunn Tire I took it to also has the Road Force. This is why my concern is that I'm SOL. 

Edited by d4rksabre

Luckily the hard part is behind me. The beginning of this week was never-ending. A presentation, a final paper, and a final all on Monday. Then another final paper and presentation on Tuesday. Wednesday was our "reading day" so no classes, and I had 2 finals today. One final left on Friday and one on Monday. 

That's a rough finals week, can I ask what you're major is? I have 6 finals myself, all comprehensive of course

I'm conflicted about being mad about climate change but loving the fact that I can rock t-shirts to class in December 

About F'N time this thread opened.

The crazy bitch at work had me shaking with anger and crying at my desk out of frustration on Tuesday.  She went on a tirade somehow equating me attempting to get an order placed for some items another coworker will need in the next few weeks with me being unwilling to work on the project that is our primary focus right now (has she ever heard of multi-tasking?), yelling at me and threatening to tell my boss.  WTF, lady?  I don't know what her problem is but she's clearly decided she doesn't like me because she's almost going out of her way to find things to yell at me for, and she's convinced in her heart that I'm the problem.  I've never wanted so badly to walk off a job and quit.  I talked to the University Ombudsperson this morning and they said I definitely need to talk to my boss (which I kind of already knew), but I'm terrified of things just getting worse if my boss says something to her.  I love where I live, but I'm so unbelievably miserable at work.  I tense up every time I hear her walking to my side of the lab because I'm always expecting her to yell at me for no good reason.  This can't go on.

The crazy bitch at work had me shaking with anger and crying at my desk out of frustration on Tuesday.  She went on a tirade somehow equating me attempting to get an order placed for some items another coworker will need in the next few weeks with me being unwilling to work on the project that is our primary focus right now (has she ever heard of multi-tasking?), yelling at me and threatening to tell my boss.  WTF, lady?  I don't know what her problem is but she's clearly decided she doesn't like me because she's almost going out of her way to find things to yell at me for, and she's convinced in her heart that I'm the problem.  I've never wanted so badly to walk off a job and quit.  I talked to the University Ombudsperson this morning and they said I definitely need to talk to my boss (which I kind of already knew), but I'm terrified of things just getting worse if my boss says something to her.  I love where I live, but I'm so unbelievably miserable at work.  I tense up every time I hear her walking to my side of the lab because I'm always expecting her to yell at me for no good reason.  This can't go on.

Crush that bitch. No mercy. 

Yep. Yelling at work, in almost every case, is completely innapropriate.

Unfortunately no one else ever sees this side of her, and she's worked for my boss for 12 years so there's a very real risk that it'll sound like it IS me who's the problem.  :(  The admin assistant is working on finding time in my boss's schedule for me to meet her, but it'll be next week at the earliest (and possibly later).

I have weeks worth of pent up complaints, but every time Thursday comes around I'm too flippin lazy to type it all out and vent.  :censored:

:lol: it's not really funny that you have lots of material for this thread, but this struck me as amusing.

That's sounds awful.  It sounds like there is a reason that job was open to begin with.  I don't know how anyone could tolerate that for long.

Final candidate build of a game is due tomorrow.

When do they decide to give us massive amount of feedback?

Tonight. 

Thanks, you b@stard m0therfu(ker pieces of sh!t. 14 hours a day, holidays a comin', oh hey, let's just screw everyone over, approve everything months ago, go on vacation, ignore prelim builds, and then drop a bomb the night before it's due? Sounds fun!

Every project. Every project for 2 years. I get no joy out of this job anymore. 

My goddamn leg swelled up again too. Supposed to be relaxing/keeping it elevated, eh? Yeah, well sure, instead I'm sleeping 4 hours max and sitting at a computer all day. I can contort so it's up to the side but no sitting position really works for very long comfortably. 

And I'm totally behind on xmas presents/cards everything else because of this mess. 

B!tches need stitches. 

Edited by Josie914

That's sounds awful.  It sounds like there is a reason that job was open to begin with.  I don't know how anyone could tolerate that ###### for long.

Well it wasn't really an opening... the boss kind of created a new position for me, and this girl replaced the old lab manager who decided not to relocate with us to Denver.  So she's only just now in a position of power and is severely abusing it.

Final candidate build of a game is due tomorrow.

When do they decide to give us massive amount of feedback?

Tonight. 

Thanks, you b@stard m0therfu(ker pieces of sh!t. 14 hours a day, holidays a comin', oh hey, let's just screw everyone over, approve everything months ago, go on vacation, ignore prelim builds, and then drop a bomb the night before it's due? Sounds fun!

Every project. Every project for 2 years. I get no joy out of this job anymore. 

My goddamn leg swelled up again too. Supposed to be relaxing/keeping it elevated, eh? Yeah, well sure, instead I'm sleeping 4 hours max and sitting at a computer all day. I can contort so it's up to the side but no sitting position really works for very long comfortably. 

And I'm totally behind on xmas presents/cards everything else because of this mess. 

B!tches need stitches. 

Oof that sucks, Jo.

Well it wasn't really an opening... the boss kind of created a new position for me, and this girl replaced the old lab manager who decided not to relocate with us to Denver.  So she's only just now in a position of power and is severely abusing it.

Oof that sucks, Jo.

Oh, gawd.  A bully manager?  Yeah, get that stopped ASAP.  She needs to be checked.

Oh, unrelated shipping complaint.  I baked a loaf of dessert bread for friends of mine Monday evening with plans to ship it Tues. morning.  They live near San Francisco, which would probably only be 2 days by Priority Mail, but the post office is sometimes unreliable this time of year so I decided to go with UPS.  This was a smaller box that weighed 2.6 lbs, and they wanted almost $80 to ship it overnight and $35 for 2nd day.   :blink:   I gulped and opted for 2nd day because it's perishable and I didn't want it to spend too long in transit.  I left the UPS store at 9:30am with a receipt showing an expected delivery date of 12/17 (today).  This is the tracking status on their website:

Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Friday, 12/18/2015, By End of Day

Last Location: Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Thursday, 12/17/2015  

Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 12/17/2015 4:43 P.M. Departure Scan  
                                          12/17/2015 1:01 P.M. Arrival Scan
Billings, MT, United States 12/17/2015 8:03 A.M. Departure Scan  
                                        12/17/2015 7:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
Commerce City, CO, United States 12/17/2015 5:28 A.M. Departure Scan
Englewood, CO, United States 12/16/2015 10:39 P.M. Departure Scan  
                                              12/16/2015 5:32 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/15/2015 8:13 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Edited by biodork

Raise hell at UPS.  

I tried calling customer service last night to get them to upgrade it to overnight delivery so it'd still get there today, but they told me they couldn't help me and I had to go to the UPS store where I dropped it off.  I'm going to try to tomorrow morning, but I'm expecting them to blame the driver for not taking the package.  Either someone there flat-out lied when I called the store yesterday afternoon to confirm the package had left the store and they assured me it had and just wasn't scanned, or someone at the distribution facility effed up.   :censored:

I tried calling customer service last night to get them to upgrade it to overnight delivery so it'd still get there today, but they told me they couldn't help me and I had to go to the UPS store where I dropped it off.  I'm going to try to tomorrow morning, but I'm expecting them to blame the driver for not taking the package.  Either someone there flat-out lied when I called the store yesterday afternoon to confirm the package had left the store and they assured me it had and just wasn't scanned, or someone at the distribution facility effed up.   :censored:

Regardless, you paid extra for 2nd day service to ship a perishable item. Get all of your money back.  And take out all of your frustrations regarding your co-worker to make it happen.

USPS isn't exactly kicking ass, either... sent three packages Monday via Priority Mail to PA and MD, all with expected delivery dates of today.  One was delivered, another probably won't get there until tomorrow, and the last one is still in CO.   :wallbash:

Regardless, you paid extra for 2nd day service to ship a perishable item. Get all of your money back.  And take out all of your frustrations regarding your co-worker to make it happen.

:lol:

Edited by biodork