Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It's New England in the summer, we have plenty of options. :thumbsup:

Three words for you, my friend ...

Bar. Harbor. Maine.

It may be a bit farther than you have in mind to travel, but trust me on this one.

One of our favourite places, although we prefer the fall. We were married there.

Bar. Harbor. Maine.

It may be a bit farther than you have in mind to travel, but trust me on this one.

One of our favourite places, although we prefer the fall. We were married there.

We're actually leaning towards Maine. We may stay a bit further to the south though.

if you can find some kind of themed hotel or B&B that's relatively local, those are pretty fun for a couple of nights until you can get away for your real honeymoon. my wife and i did that, then when time/circumstances allowed, we went to san fran and monterey for a week. it was 10 years later, but still ... :)

i sincerely hope that he can see the wedding, for you and your fiancee's sake, for his sake ... it's a horrible situation. you guys are doing right by staying nearby.

San Fran and monterey with NO Santa Cruz?

That does sound uncomfortable for sure, but look on the bright side and know that there are much, much worse places to be cathed. Unfortunately I know this from experience.

I totally get that. It was only 24 hours (actually, about 22 - they just wanted three meals and a night of sleep) and the whole time, I felt fortunate that I didn't have to do this all the time. We'll see what the results yield, but now that I'm done with it, I'm quite relieved.

Will anyone be able to read this entire thread back to front and stave off suicide long enough to post about it?

The world may never know.

I got depressed reading this thread one night. But then I realized it was only tequila withdrawal.

Bar. Harbor. Maine.

Seconded... Bar Harbor and Acadia are beautiful. Went on a family vacation years ago and have been wanting to get back.

Since this is still open, I'll say it. One data directory has disappeared from the computers here at work has mysteriously disappeared today. It just happens to be the one all my work is saved in. Just great, right as I need to do something right away.

Bump ...

Since I'm Canadian and all we can talk about is hockey, beer and the weather, I will complain about the early Spring weather here in Halifax.

One day is warm the next is freezing cold. Then we have more winter storms than in the actual Winter. Another one expected tonight and tomorrow. I just shoveled out from Tuesday's overnight blast ... snow, wind and ice. At least the power stayed on.

Bump ...

Since I'm Canadian and all we can talk about is hockey, beer and the weather, I will complain about the early Spring weather here in Halifax.

One day is warm the next is freezing cold. Then we have more winter storms than in the actual Winter. Another one expected tonight and tomorrow. I just shoveled out from Tuesday's overnight blast ... snow, wind and ice. At least the power stayed on.

It's not just Canada. I want spring.

And why do gyms play the worst music imaginable?

In keeping with the theme, my complaint is also the weather. While it hasn't been a horrible winter by Buffalo standards (well, unless you live south of the city - they're still getting lake-effect snow dumped on them right now), we've only had a few days with comfortable temps since last fall. I mean, it is the first full day of Spring and the current temp is 20 degrees F. And even though the sun is brightly shining, there are a few snowflakes floating by my office window. No wonder I've been glued to the Golf Channel the past few weekends - it's nice to see green grass and people in shirtsleeves.....sigh.

In keeping with the theme, my complaint is also the weather. While it hasn't been a horrible winter by Buffalo standards (well, unless you live south of the city - they're still getting lake-effect snow dumped on them right now), we've only had a few days with comfortable temps since last fall. I mean, it is the first full day of Spring and the current temp is 20 degrees F. And even though the sun is brightly shining, there are a few snowflakes floating by my office window. No wonder I've been glued to the Golf Channel the past few weekends - it's nice to see green grass and people in shirtsleeves.....sigh.

Pretty much the only thing that I don't miss about Buffalo is the winter that extends well into spring.