Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My apartment is so poorly insulated that I either have to pay a huge heating bill or suck it up and live with the cold. I went with option 2, which is really starting to catch up to me in recent weeks. If that helps me build up the savings quicker so I can buy a house, I'll be fine with it.

I had an apartment on Harlem road years ago with that same issue, my roommate and I opted to sleep with hats and gloves rather than pay the $400 a month heating bill.

Sabres iPhone app is awesome, but tonight it alerted me to the end of regulation, then 2 1/2 minutes into OT it popped up the Devils GTG. I thought my DVR lagged and NJ had already won in OT.

Pie day is no time to like cake.

Get it right...it's Pi Day. :P

I've had acid reflux for years and just recently started a cough that's probably because of it. The doc sent me to a gastroenterologist who did an endoscopy on me last month. That wasn't so bad because I was knocked out for it. But since it didn't show anything unusual, they had me do a manometry and I'm currently on a 24-hr pH monitor. Basically, the manometry is sticking a tube through your nose & down your throat and having you swallow liquids to check the esophagus muscles and measure any acid from the stomach. I gagged three times. At least the liquids were grape gatorade and banana-flavored jello. Yummy.

The 24-hr monitor is the same thing, except it's a smaller tube (about the size of a spaghetti noodle) that is taped to your nose and runs down the esophagus. Just knowing it's there has made me gag a few times and I feel like something is stuck in my throat that I can't swallow no matter how many times I do so. Since the tube is attached to a machine that records everything, I feel like I'm carrying an early 1990s mobile phone with me.

The only good part about all of this is that my boss went through the exact same stuff several years ago. He understands and is letting me work from home instead of taking a sick/vacation day. But I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's borderline torture - even the wife has made fun of me a couple of times. I've got about 2 hours left of this thing...I've survived so far, but sleeping with this stuff was difficult and I'm doing all I can to stop the dogs from jumping on me.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Guest Sloth

One thing I will never miss about WNY is the winter season that drags on and on and on and...Having said that, I despise the three months of hot humid ###### weather that we get down here for june to august more than any three month stretch of winter weather in WNY.

Try living in the south. Can't do much outside in the afternoon from mid-spring to early fall. Way too hot and humidity is through the roof! Beyond enjoy my visits to the Tonawanda's in the summer months.

The fiancee is starting to lose her mind a bit due to her situation. I can see her starting to unravel a bit and I'm really hoping this doesn't lead to an all out break down.

Sorry man....seriously.....we joke, but they are wired differently. This is enough to send anyone off.

Did you talk about moving it up?

Sorry man....seriously.....we joke, but they are wired differently. This is enough to send anyone off.

Did you talk about moving it up?

I don't think it has anything to do with being wired differently in this case though. I can see just about anyone acting the same way she is right now if they were in her shoes. She's not sleeping well because her thoughts keep her up at night, and because of that, she's starting to act a bit wacky due to being tired. It seems pretty normal behavior to me, but it's out of my hands in terms of helping her out. When she's busy, she's fine. The distraction is good. There is no way of stopping her mind from wondering at night though.

And no, her parents don't want to move it up. They're footing most of the bill, so I have to bow to that decision. The one thing we're definitely not doing is going on the honeymoon to the Caribbean that we were planning on. There will be time for that later. We'll find something far more low key and local for a few days after the wedding, but we'd much rather not go away for a week and be completely out of touch with everyone.

I don't think it has anything to do with being wired differently in this case though. I can see just about anyone acting the same way she is right now if they were in her shoes. She's not sleeping well because her thoughts keep her up at night, and because of that, she's starting to act a bit wacky due to being tired. It seems pretty normal behavior to me, but it's out of my hands in terms of helping her out. When she's busy, she's fine. The distraction is good. There is no way of stopping her mind from wondering at night though.

And no, her parents don't want to move it up. They're footing most of the bill, so I have to bow to that decision. The one thing we're definitely not doing is going on the honeymoon to the Caribbean that we were planning on. There will be time for that later. We'll find something far more low key and local for a few days after the wedding, but we'd much rather not go away for a week and be completely out of touch with everyone.

I really feel badly for you guys and the situation you're in.

I will continue to keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Not going away for the honeymoon is the right call, IMO. You are right, there will be plenty of time for that later.

I've had acid reflux for years and just recently started a cough that's probably because of it. The doc sent me to a gastroenterologist who did an endoscopy on me last month. That wasn't so bad because I was knocked out for it. But since it didn't show anything unusual, they had me do a manometry and I'm currently on a 24-hr pH monitor. Basically, the manometry is sticking a tube through your nose & down your throat and having you swallow liquids to check the esophagus muscles and measure any acid from the stomach. I gagged three times. At least the liquids were grape gatorade and banana-flavored jello. Yummy.

The 24-hr monitor is the same thing, except it's a smaller tube (about the size of a spaghetti noodle) that is taped to your nose and runs down the esophagus. Just knowing it's there has made me gag a few times and I feel like something is stuck in my throat that I can't swallow no matter how many times I do so. Since the tube is attached to a machine that records everything, I feel like I'm carrying an early 1990s mobile phone with me.

The only good part about all of this is that my boss went through the exact same stuff several years ago. He understands and is letting me work from home instead of taking a sick/vacation day. But I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's borderline torture - even the wife has made fun of me a couple of times. I've got about 2 hours left of this thing...I've survived so far, but sleeping with this stuff was difficult and I'm doing all I can to stop the dogs from jumping on me.

so, it's like a nasal catheter. you're right--nothing to wish on anyone, and i'm deeply sorry that you have to go through that. i hope it at least yields something that will result in getting you better and healthier.

Two hours left.. for me, based on what you described, that would be close enough.

if you can find some kind of themed hotel or B&B that's relatively local, those are pretty fun for a couple of nights until you can get away for your real honeymoon. my wife and i did that, then when time/circumstances allowed, we went to san fran and monterey for a week. it was 10 years later, but still ... :)

i sincerely hope that he can see the wedding, for you and your fiancee's sake, for his sake ... it's a horrible situation. you guys are doing right by staying nearby.

That does sound uncomfortable for sure, but look on the bright side and know that there are much, much worse places to be cathed. Unfortunately I know this from experience.

if you can find some kind of themed hotel or B&B that's relatively local, those are pretty fun for a couple of nights until you can get away for your real honeymoon. my wife and i did that, then when time/circumstances allowed, we went to san fran and monterey for a week. it was 10 years later, but still ... :)

i sincerely hope that he can see the wedding, for you and your fiancee's sake, for his sake ... it's a horrible situation. you guys are doing right by staying nearby.

It's New England in the summer, we have plenty of options. :thumbsup: