Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sorry to hear that. It is one of the worst feelings in the world. I hope you are looking into replacing her. IMO, when you have to let go it is best to find another dog right away.

Well, technically, I think she's irreplaceable, but I know what you mean. :thumbsup:

We've had two dogs for a while, so the house isn't exactly empty. We will definitely get another one, though our schedules are preventing us from doing it right away. Likely in a few months, unless something comes along in the meantime.

This guy behind me on the trolley decided that everyone on the train needed to hear his cell phone conversation with a coworker about how important he was at work. After the gets off the phone he starts clipping his fingernails. I almost lost it.

I guess my complaint is cell phone complainers (complaintants?). How is it different than the guy having a conversation with someone sitting next to him? I've heard how rude it is to make a cell phone call in a restaurant. How is it rude to talk in public? I don't get it.

How is it rude to talk in public?

How rude is it to talk in hallways and doorways at work? It seems like every other douchebag I work with conducts all their meetings in hallways. It may be the fact that all their names end in vowels, but can't these mofos walk 20 feet down the hallway to their office to talk to each other. I have to walk through them on an hourly basis.

I had to put the dog down last Friday. This was the first time I'd ever done this and it was easily the most painful & difficult thing I've ever had to do. I still feel mildly guilty about doing it, but I know she's not suffering anymore. She would've just gotten sicker and things would have been exponentially worse for her.

Insert 'significant other' joke here...

Before anyone goes off on that tangent, losing a pet is difficult.

3rd shift blows as well, but the commute is the best.

Dear Rochester,

Stop f*cking raining.

Thanks,

-A guy who likes to do things outside

Today is the day at work where everyone is suppose to go the red wings games at 11, have a few beers and leave work probably 2 hours early. Ain't happening now.

I had to put the dog down last Friday. This was the first time I'd ever done this and it was easily the most painful & difficult thing I've ever had to do. I still feel mildly guilty about doing it, but I know she's not suffering anymore. She would've just gotten sicker and things would have been exponentially worse for her.

Sorry about you loss. I understand the feeling. Had to have a pet put down before and it really hurts. Hopefully a new pet will hepl you feel better

I guess my complaint is cell phone complainers (complaintants?). How is it different than the guy having a conversation with someone sitting next to him? I've heard how rude it is to make a cell phone call in a restaurant. How is it rude to talk in public? I don't get it.

I guess it depends on whether or not it's one of those people who thinks that you have to yell into a cell phone if you want to be heard.

Wings, sorry about your dog. You're "lucky" to have another one at home. That should definitely make things a bit easier on you. I'm going to have to disagree with DeLuca on this one though. Like I said last week, the dog is as much a part of the family and immediately replacing it seems a bit cold (for a lack of better terms) to me.

I guess it depends on whether or not it's one of those people who thinks that you have to yell into a cell phone if you want to be heard.

Wings, sorry about your dog. You're "lucky" to have another one at home. That should definitely make things a bit easier on you. I'm going to have to disagree with DeLuca on this one though. Like I said last week, the dog is as much a part of the family and immediately replacing it seems a bit cold (for a lack of better terms) to me.

Wings-

My family had to put down our first dog, of 15 years. Like you, I at that time thought it was absolutely awful to try to replace her right away. Nevertheless, we got a new little guy the very next week and it ended up being the best thing to do to get over the previous dog! Just my two cents.. I know your situation is a bit different what with the second dog still at your side.

Good Luck!

Having a good complaint a couple of days ago and then not being able to remember it come Thursday! :angry:

That's me. Actually I should have no complaints for a while after just now enjoying a No-Flusher and a No-Wiper -- two-thirds of the way to the elusive and rare Hat Trick of BMs.

I don't necessarily think it's cold, but it would seem kind of along the ranks of "we're getting a new one to forget about the old one".

It's not that we want to forget about the old dog...we've been re-living the memories over the past week and that's actually helped more than anything. I've only thought about getting a new one because the house seems a little less full w/o her, plus a young dog would be a great playmate for our other one.

We were fortunate in how we "stumbled upon" both of these dogs. The first (the one that we just put down) was a stray that my sister-in-law found and the second was one that we got from our groomer because the original owners gave up. Because our schedules are nightmares until December, we're going to wait until then....unless we "stumble upon" a new dog before then.

I need to run something on a program that no one seems to have a working license for. It's only a one time thing, so there's no point in paying the ridiculous price to pick up a license for the program. Now comes the fun part where I may have to try to convert the program to a different language, even though I don't know a thing about this language or the program it is supposed to run on.

ok, why have a new thread every Thursday? Why not open and close one thread? Sometimes, mega threads can be entertaining for new people and the posts/thread views encourage people to participate.

ok, why have a new thread every Thursday? Why not open and close one thread? Sometimes, mega threads can be entertaining for new people and the posts/thread views encourage people to participate.

well we could do that. if we really wanted to.