Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This reminds me of something that's been bugging me lately. This store down the street from me was recently taken over by new people. The guy that's there everytime I stop in always rings up every $0.99 as $1. He'll round up that extra cent on everything. Obviously I could care less about that penny, but it got me wondering. Over even an hour, how much extra money does that store pull in thanks to this guy? Those pennies are going to add up very quickly. It's only a matter of time before he pulls a Superman 2 and screws up.

I'm amazed how many times I go into a convenience store and if my total ends in .99 how many clerks think they don't have to give you the penny. <_<

Maybe they need glasses?

Marge : Have you noticed something about Bart?

Homer : New glasses?

Marge : No. It seems like something could be troubling him.

Homer : Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge : I want to get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.

Homer : Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

Marge : That's not what I meant.

Homer : Admit it Marge, it was.

Marge : Have you noticed something about Bart?

Homer : New glasses?

Marge : No. It seems like something could be troubling him.

Homer : Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge : I want to get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.

Homer : Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

Marge : That's not what I meant.

Homer : Admit it Marge, it was.

:lol: thanks for the laugh.

I don't think it's exclusive to large groups. People are self-absorbed and inconsiderate at an unprecendented level. Next time some punk ass kid tries that with me, I'm lowing my shoulder and going Kaleta on their ass. I'm sick and tired of people's lack of consideration of those around them. It's all about looking out for number one, screw whoever I inconvenience to get what I want.

That's the attitude of people these days, too. That statement is one thing if you're talking about moving to a new job to better your income, but not when you're talking about common courtesy. One idiot coughed w/o covering, knowing full well I was two feet from him...I was sick for a week & a half.

My complaint: my dog is 13 and it's not looking promising. She's already stayed at the vet one night and will be there again tonight...she's not eating and her kidney enzymes are almost off the chart - this after about 2-3 years of kidney and liver problems. We may be making a difficult decision today or tomorrow.

One guy all week was making references my "donut holes". With saying #%^$#! like "Do you like cream in your donut holes" and #%^$#!.

#%^$#!ing pissed me off, so today I tossed a large coffee on his crotch and said "Get your timbits away from me".

I got pulled over at the next stop and asked to leave, which I was planning on doing for a while anyway.

I'm still shaking a little I'm so pumped right now.

That sucks. I know you take a lot stuff around here and you're an incredible sport about it. You certainly don't have a thin skin. He must have been a real butthole if the situation came to that.

Do you ever watch SpongeBob? There is one episode where SpongeBob and Patrick go to the amusement park, but are afraid to ride the rides. Larry the Lobster comes over and there is some smell coming from his armpits. He tells SpongeBob, "Do you smell that? That's the smell of adrenaline!"... :lol:

I think I just got a whiff of something. ;)

That sucks. I know you take a lot stuff around here and you're an incredible sport about it. You certainly don't have a thin skin. He must have been a real butthole if the situation came to that.

Do you ever watch SpongeBob? There is one episode where SpongeBob and Patrick go to the amusement park, but are afraid to ride the rides. Larry the Lobster comes over and there is some smell coming from his armpits. He tells SpongeBob, "Do you smell that? That's the smell of adrenaline!"... :lol:

I think I just got a whiff of something. ;)

chz smells of the briny ocean depths?

My complaint: my dog is 13 and it's not looking promising. She's already stayed at the vet one night and will be there again tonight...she's not eating and her kidney enzymes are almost off the chart - this after about 2-3 years of kidney and liver problems. We may be making a difficult decision today or tomorrow.

Good luck with that. No matter how old or sick a dog is, that potential decision always sucks. I've only had to deal with it once at an old enough age to remember, but now just thinking of it gives me chills.

4. Stupid new eye doctor who overcharged me almost $200 for new glasses. After verifying my coverage, I had to call them 3 times before they finally got it right. I am not sure if this was intentional or the opticians who figure out the costs are IDIOTS! It is not rocket science.

I saw this all the time with a health insurance company of mine. I think companies are doing this all the time, making gobs of money this way. Someone pointed out how Americans are too lazy to complain....it's ringing true more & more these days, especially as the economy is what it is now.

Good luck with that. No matter how old or sick a dog is, that potential decision always sucks. I've only had to deal with it once at an old enough age to remember, but now just thinking of it gives me chills.

This would be the first time for me. I've never really had a dog until the wife & I got this one, so that makes this decision that much harder. The vet always gives us the "quality of life" speech, which I can never argue with. Only recently, I've started thinking that she might be giving up, if she hasn't already. She doesn't do much around the house anymore, except for sleep on the couch. I know she's not comfortable, but it still doesn't make me want to make this decision.

This would be the first time for me. I've never really had a dog until the wife & I got this one, so that makes this decision that much harder. The vet always gives us the "quality of life" speech, which I can never argue with. Only recently, I've started thinking that she might be giving up, if she hasn't already. She doesn't do much around the house anymore, except for sleep on the couch. I know she's not comfortable, but it still doesn't make me want to make this decision.

They're just as much a part of the family as anyone else. I just wish they lived about 40 years longer.

That's the attitude of people these days, too. That statement is one thing if you're talking about moving to a new job to better your income, but not when you're talking about common courtesy. One idiot coughed w/o covering, knowing full well I was two feet from him...I was sick for a week & a half.

Sorry about the dog. Have had dogs since I was a kid. It is terrible thing but think about the dog and his/her suffering and it might ease the pain a bit. Let us know.

nhlnumbers.com

Great site, but why can't they add a bit more server space during this "salary cap number crunchy time".

it can get pretty expensive quickly. $25/month per 1GB of RAM, $50/month for a RAID controller (to speed up disk access) plus another $20-$40/month for the 2nd drive.... or $50/month for a 15k RPM SCSI...

although the RAM can pop in and out theoretically, messin with HD's (often the bottleneck of many setups) is a permanent thing. You can't just put another log on the fire for a month and pull back later. His ad revenue may not cover such things.

It won't make it any easier, but here is a really good article about a similar situation.

Good luck.

I saw this all the time with a health insurance company of mine. I think companies are doing this all the time, making gobs of money this way. Someone pointed out how Americans are too lazy to complain....it's ringing true more & more these days, especially as the economy is what it is now.

But have you ever tried to complain? I don't think it's laziness as much as just genuine frustration. More often than not this happens:

1. When you call, odds are that you are calling a call center in Timbuktu and good luck if you can understand them.

2. It is increasingly difficult to get a hold of someone who can actually solve your problem. I can think of numerous times that I have sat on the phone forever trying to find the right person to address my issue.

There are so many examples! How about calling a cable company to inquire about the Center Ice Package? "The What"??? Or the dish company years ago that promised we could get hockey and so we made the switch and no hockey. Or how about when you get laid off and want COBRA continuation of coverage and they dont even mail the sh*t for six weeks and then LO! the President has reduced COBRA rates by 70 percent but by golly just try to find ANYONE on the phone who knows anything about it!

Have you ever called Verizon to complain that your bill is not right? Or how about actually calling an insurance company with questions or GOD FORBID the billing office at a hospital to find out what the hell those charges are!!!???

I could go on and on. Horror stories! No wonder we don't complain, it takes a full time commitment to do so. I'm sure each one of you have spent hours if not days on the phone trying to resolve something. It sucks. It's just a giant void of knowledge out there.

sorry wings that sucks. :unsure:

BTW as far as you complainers about being billed the incorrect amount. Let me give you a tip. be proactive. Get a sixer of cold cream ale sit down one night and call everyone you pay money to and start bitchin up a storm about rates and charges etc etc etc. I do this about once every 6 months and save tons of $$. Plus it is sort of catharcic. Last year I saved about $240 dtv, $180 on internet, $160 on phone and untold amounts on gas bills, credit card interest rates, and overdraft charges, bank fees, health insurance billings, etc. It does take some time but thats what the cream ale is for. After one or two calls you put your pride aside and get down to sticking it to the man it feels great. Try it maybe it can work for you. :thumbsup:

Ex's that do this-

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I broke up with U what makes U think this way?