Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People that ask you question after question about something work related when they can clearly see you are on your lunch break

I work in a gym and people - both members and coworkers - do the same thing to me while I'm on a treadmill or elliptical. Frustrating as hell.

But have you ever tried to complain? I don't think it's laziness as much as just genuine frustration. More often than not this happens:

1. When you call, odds are that you are calling a call center in Timbuktu and good luck if you can understand them.

2. It is increasingly difficult to get a hold of someone who can actually solve your problem. I can think of numerous times that I have sat on the phone forever trying to find the right person to address my issue.

There are so many examples! How about calling a cable company to inquire about the Center Ice Package? "The What"??? Or the dish company years ago that promised we could get hockey and so we made the switch and no hockey. Or how about when you get laid off and want COBRA continuation of coverage and they dont even mail the sh*t for six weeks and then LO! the President has reduced COBRA rates by 70 percent but by golly just try to find ANYONE on the phone who knows anything about it!

Have you ever called Verizon to complain that your bill is not right? Or how about actually calling an insurance company with questions or GOD FORBID the billing office at a hospital to find out what the hell those charges are!!!???

I could go on and on. Horror stories! No wonder we don't complain, it takes a full time commitment to do so. I'm sure each one of you have spent hours if not days on the phone trying to resolve something. It sucks. It's just a giant void of knowledge out there.

Well, when it's things like COBRA coverage, you have every right to complain. If you don't, that's not being lazy - it's being stupid. Major costs and/or purchases that you pay every month better be on the ball.

I was referring to the little things - like the extra 20 cents your DD coffee costs or the extra "tax" the grocery store didn't tell you about, but it showed up at the register. I'm guilty of realizing that it cost more than I expected, but don't complain because I feel I'll look like one of those annoying customers that's crying over a dime.

That said, I did complain to my local grocery store once - when the self-checkout aisles kept shorting me 2 cents on my change every time I used it. After a number of these instances, I went to the customer service desk. They were happily ready to give me my 2 cents, and it took a few minutes to get the point that the machine did this every time I used it. I use my debit card now, but each time I've used cash since I complained, the change was correct. :thumbsup:

I absolutely HATE driving the entire stretch of I-68. Not sure if any of you have ever been on that stretch of the world's longest roller coaster in West Virginia and Maryland, but it's a PITA when I never get a load that weighs less than 40k pounds and I have to use that road.

Bonus feature: whoever designed the incline and decline leading up Sideling Hill on the same Interstate should have been marched off to the Pennsylvania turnpike and given a lecture in civil engineering so that they should have bored a tunnel through that piece of real estate instead of creating a dangerous section of the road.

(Sorry about the PITA reference. I just absolutely loathe that highway.)

My 4 year old daughter just took a shower in MY bathroom after being in the pool. She thought she had gas, but it wasn't. She #%^$#! in the shower. :sick: :angry:

I think you'd rather be on I-68 right now.

My 4 year old daughter just took a shower in MY bathroom after being in the pool. She thought she had gas, but it wasn't. She #%^$#! in the shower. :sick: :angry:

/thread

I had to put the dog down last Friday. This was the first time I'd ever done this and it was easily the most painful & difficult thing I've ever had to do. I still feel mildly guilty about doing it, but I know she's not suffering anymore. She would've just gotten sicker and things would have been exponentially worse for her.

I had to put the dog down last Friday. This was the first time I'd ever done this and it was easily the most painful & difficult thing I've ever had to do. I still feel mildly guilty about doing it, but I know she's not suffering anymore. She would've just gotten sicker and things would have been exponentially worse for her.

Sorry to hear that. It is one of the worst feelings in the world. I hope you are looking into replacing her. IMO, when you have to let go it is best to find another dog right away.

This guy behind me on the trolley decided that everyone on the train needed to hear his cell phone conversation with a coworker about how important he was at work. After the gets off the phone he starts clipping his fingernails. I almost lost it.