Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I've been fortunate enough to have missed 99% of the MJ coverage these last couple days. I came in the other night and every station I flipped to was signing off on their MJ special. I went into a 7-11 and counted 18 different periodicals with all different MJ faces on the cover.

The man was an entertainer I get that. But there are enough taboo subjects floating around him that we shouldn't be lionizing what turns out to be a junkie..

This coverage has been over the freakin top. Make it stop.

There's also a substantial likelihood (although not proven or admitted, and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty) that he was a child molester, which really makes all the glorification pretty bizarre.

There's also a substantial likelihood (although not proven or admitted, and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty) that he was a child molester, which really makes all the glorification pretty bizarre.

The fun part will be the stories that slowly leak out over the next couple months. We'll find out what kind of person he really was. Still, some of the sheep will never change their minds about him.

The director I report to is a disrespectful jackass. He actually walks up behind us and CLAPS five minutes before a meeting. You know, "Let's go!!" CLAP CLAP! Also makes it a point to make little "you have to listen to me, employee" type comments. Insecure. Needs a swift kick to the tool.

Also, dealing with 24 year old hot-shots. Above director eats it up and I wind up cleaning the mess.

Actually? Corporate everything.

The director I report to is a disrespectful jackass. He actually walks up behind us and CLAPS five minutes before a meeting. You know, "Let's go!!" CLAP CLAP! Also makes it a point to make little "you have to listen to me, employee" type comments. Insecure. Needs a swift kick to the tool.

Also, dealing with 24 year old hot-shots. Above director eats it up and I wind up cleaning the mess.

Actually? Corporate everything.

How's the paper business in Scranton?

:worthy: :worthy:

I was annoyed he upstaged Farrah the day he died... I just can't believe it is still in the news.

It is clear that MJ couldn't handle living in a world without Farrah and his ticker gave out as soon as he heard she was gone! I know my adolescence would have been different without Charlie and his girls.

I got a new work laptop. My coworker spec'ed out the computers that we needed. Of course, the company didn't order that. They went for the cheaper crappier version. My beef is that my company does not have an IT department so I have to load all the software that I need. So while I am trying to do my normal job, I have to squeeze in the time to load my computer. Not all the software is loading properly so now I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it is not working. I am about to just hand the new computer back and keep my old one.

That's a neat little tidbit of history. Nice.

My complaint for this week is lace bite. The ice at RIT opened today for weekly Wednesday open skates until the fall. It's no secret that I hate wearing hockey skates, which makes playing my favorite sport a painful experience. I have bony, weak ankles and bad circulation because I'm lanky. I have to tie my skates super tight to get enough support, which in turn makes my feet go numb (sometimes) and usually always makes the tops of my feet (where the ankle curves), sore and red. I have these nifty gel pads that I bought by a company named Maltese and they help a little with the bite and support, but it still leaves me wishing for a fifth of whiskey after about an hour on the ice. I don't know if maybe these super nice Easton's are just not right for me or what, but they were all I could get that came in a wider boot size. Maybe I need something with a different liner, who knows. All I know is I hate lace bite.

Have you tried CCM's. I'm pretty lanky too(6'4") and tried Eastons and Bauers. They both killed my feet. CCMs are the only ones that don't hurt(after they break in of course :censored: ).

Have you tried CCM's. I'm pretty lanky too(6'4") and tried Eastons and Bauers. They both killed my feet. CCMs are the only ones that don't hurt(after they break in of course :censored: ).

And get the place to throw them in the oven too, if that's an option. I've had my CCMs for about 5 years now without any problems. Stuff I had in the past that was never really fitted to my foot used to cause some trouble.

And get the place to throw them in the oven too, if that's an option. I've had my CCMs for about 5 years now without any problems. Stuff I had in the past that was never really fitted to my foot used to cause some trouble.

I haven't been on skates in a long time, but the heat-and-mold ski boots I have are 1000% more comfortable anything I had before them. I have to think someone is doing the same thing with hockey skates.

I haven't been on skates in a long time, but the heat-and-mold ski boots I have are 1000% more comfortable anything I had before them. I have to think someone is doing the same thing with hockey skates.

Yeah, they do the same thing. I guess it's going to depend on where you buy them, but from here on out, it will be a must for any pair of skates I buy.

I'll keep my eye out for some beat old CCMs at the local play it again. I had my Eastons baked and it does make them much more comfortable, but it doesn't help the fact that the tongue sucks. I'm still in the learning stage of figuring out what I like and what to look for, so these Eastons may turn out to be a nice $300 mistake if I ever come across something else I like more.

Oh oh.. another one.. guys with extremely loud cell phone tones in an office setting. Extra points if a) they have some fruity cutsy thing, or b) they leave phone on desk whenever they go to a meeting/take a leak.

The guy behind me has this annoying blues tone and it's turned up to 11... "duh da duh dah dun dun dun dun dun."

Oh oh.. another one.. guys with extremely loud cell phone tones in an office setting. Extra points if a) they have some fruity cutsy thing, or b) they leave phone on desk whenever they go to a meeting/take a leak.

The guy behind me has this annoying blues tone and it's turned up to 11... "duh da duh dah dun dun dun dun dun."

Next time he leaves it there for a meeting, dowload some Pantera on his phone. Then call him at 3 in the morning.

Next time he leaves it there for a meeting, dowload some Pantera on his phone. Then call him at 3 in the morning.

I had one for a while that would be perfect for the late phone call like that, "Them Bones" from Alice in Chains. The damn things opened with the scream from the start of that song. That would always freak people out at work.

Idiots at the Potomac Mills mall taking up the whole doorway when I'm trying to stay to one side and they have the nerve to say "Excuse us".

The team across from me having a meeting/teleconference, talking so loud that you could hear them a half a mile away.

Calvinism was used to justify material success, but it wasn't all bad at all. It may have evolved into that later when people got tired of its strict life style, but originally it was a rejection of worldly pleasures that seemed to be perverting society since the Renissance and how it was flaunted by some and led to "ungodleness" in others. "Protest"ant "Reform"ation, protest and reform, they saw society--and the Catholic Church especially, as hoplessly corrupt and wanted the individual to have a way to salvation through his own actions, even if he was chosen by God to act that way [Predestination]. It taught the middle class "Bourgeois" type of life style. You are responsible for you! I've always seen it as one big tax revolt. The new urban middle classes--commercial people involved in the flourshing trade that had sprang up--did not want to be taxed by the church which provided horrible services anyway. This is one reason why the Protestant Churches didn't have gold crosses or own vast tracts of land, because it wasn't seen as the duty of the church to be wealthy. Ben Franklin and John Calvin would not have gotten along. Though, Franklin really was a benefator of the Reformation--we all are-- in the since that Calvinism very much pushed education so that the chuirch goer could read and understand the bible himself and thus have a personal relationship with God. So greater education for all was a result of Calvinism...which actually connects to the industrial revolution because many of the early inventions that helped blast off the IR came out of Calvinist Scotland. And you see that same spirit in Franklin who was one of the most well respected scientist of his time, at least for a colonial.

Ok, I didn't plan on discussing the Reformation when I woke up this morning :unsure:

This was a very brilliant analysis. With all due respect to SwampD, I think he could learn a thing or two from what you stated here.

I had one for a while that would be perfect for the late phone call like that, "Them Bones" from Alice in Chains. The damn things opened with the scream from the start of that song. That would always freak people out at work.

Nice choice. Right now I still have "I'm Broken" from Pantera. When people hear it ring, they give me a "holy #%^$#! what the #%^$#! is that look". Then again, I get that from my appearance alone. :beer:

Nice choice. Right now I still have "I'm Broken" from Pantera. When people hear it ring, they give me a "holy #%^$#! what the #%^$#! is that look". Then again, I get that from my appearance alone. :beer:

Speaking of Alice in Chains, I guess I can complain that they're playing a show out here in September at a venue that I hate.

I hate how people in large groups think they're somehow entitled to the entire sidewalk. I was walking past a college tour yesterday, walking all the way to the right, up against a wall. This kid looks at me, knows I'm coming, but refuses to move. Hey kid, maybe next time you and your buddy won't get bumped a couple feet if you show a little common courtesy. I'll gladly throw a shoulder into some punk kid whenever I get the chance.

But on a postive note, according to the email I just got, I won the japanese lottery! Everything's coming up shrader.