Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

All right, I have to complain about this whole Mark Sanford thing.

The affair itself doesn't bother me. Sh#t like this happens. The hypocrisy of a staunch conservative who has criticized the affairs of others doesn't bother me either; claims of hypocisy are a dime-a-dozen in politics.

I have to admit as far as affairs go, this one looks to be fairly impressive. He wasn't paying a hooker or shacking up with a young staffer with self-esteem issues. He wasn't sleeping with a wide-eyed-wonk who worships politicians like rock stars. And he wasn't trying to hook up with a dude in a men's room.

When it comes right down to it, scoring an Argentinian mistress is right up there with scoring Marilyn Monroe. I mean this guy looks and acts like your boring uncle, but he's tapping some carn-i-val tail. We don't know what this woman looks like (and maybe it's better that we don't), but an Agentinian lover sounds pretty hot.

What does bother me is his whole reaction to getting caught. In his own words, Sanford spent the five days he was AWOL "crying" in Argentina.

All I can picture is Sanford standing outside an apartment house in Argentina, holding his boombox over his head, playing Peter Gabriel songs.

They're even releasing his pasty love letters. Unless you're Shakespeare and you write in iambic pentameter, your love letters (if you hazard to write them) should never be made public. No matter how good you think they are, they just make you look like horny dork of a teenager.

And why the hell did he have to miss five days of work over this thing. C'mon, there are people with the swine flu who miss fewer days.

When it comes right down to it, have the affair if you must, but when you get caught, be a f'n man about it.

All right, I have to complain about this whole Mark Sanford thing.

The affair itself doesn't bother me. Sh#t like this happens. The hypocrisy of a staunch conservative who has criticized the affairs of others doesn't bother me either; claims of hypocisy are a dime-a-dozen in politics.

I have to admit as far as affairs go, this one looks to be fairly impressive. He wasn't paying a hooker or shacking up with a young staffer with self-esteem issues. He wasn't sleeping with a wide-eyed-wonk who worships politicians like rock stars. And he wasn't trying to hook up with a dude in a men's room.

When it comes right down to it, scoring an Argentinian mistress is right up there with scoring Marilyn Monroe. I mean this guy looks and acts like your boring uncle, but he's tapping some carn-i-val tail. We don't know what this woman looks like (and maybe it's better that we don't), but an Agentinian lover sounds pretty hot.

What does bother me is his whole reaction to getting caught. In his own words, Sanford spent the five days he was AWOL "crying" in Argentina.

All I can picture is Sanford standing outside an apartment house in Argentina, holding his boombox over his head, playing Peter Gabriel songs.

They're even releasing his pasty love letters. Unless you're Shakespeare and you write in iambic pentameter, your love letters (if you hazard to write them) should never be made public. No matter how good you think they are, they just make you look like horny dork of a teenager.

And why the hell did he have to miss five days of work over this thing. C'mon, there are people with the swine flu who miss fewer days.

When it comes right down to it, have the affair if you must, but when you get caught, be a f'n man about it.

Forget what the spinmasters from both say about each other: Democrats and Republicans both get caught with their pants down. It just goes to show how sickening the whole American political process has become and why I tend to support paleoconservatives now.

Now, to get on track on my complaint for the week: I hate bringing up some things about trucking because it is what I do for the time being, but those pop bottles full of the amber stuff get tossed all over the roadsides and truck stops by lazy truckers who don't have the common decency to stop at a rest area to take care of things.

BTW, how many of you were fans of Michael Jackson? :unsure:

Forget what the spinmasters from both say about each other: Democrats and Republicans both get caught with their pants down. It just goes to show how sickening the whole American political process has become and why I tend to support paleoconservatives now.

Now, to get on track on my complaint for the week: I hate bringing up some things about trucking because it is what I do for the time being, but those pop bottles full of the amber stuff get tossed all over the roadsides and truck stops by lazy truckers who don't have the common decency to stop at a rest area to take care of things.

BTW, how many of you were fans of Michael Jackson? :unsure:

Yeah but Republicans are the ones who care about who's pulling down whose pants.

Yeah but Republicans are the ones who care about who's pulling down whose pants.

Yeah, and even some of their own are calling on Ensign and Sanford to resign from politics altogether.

In retrospect, I wish that Larry Craig had done the same thing after his cruising incident at the airport awhile back.

My Republican Party has completely imploded. It just plain sickens me to be a Republican.. Ensign.. Dolt... Sanford.. Idiot... Gingrich... Jerk... Limbaugh.. Puppetmaster...Pallin... Don't get me started... McCain... Please... With these folks out in front, no wonder folks are switching to Independent or Democrats..

I am officially turning in my Republican card. From here on out, til my last breath, I am neutral, unaligned, independent..

My Republican Party has completely imploded. It just plain sickens me to be a Republican.. Ensign.. Dolt... Sanford.. Idiot... Gingrich... Jerk... Limbaugh.. Puppetmaster...Pallin... Don't get me started... McCain... Please... With these folks out in front, no wonder folks are switching to Independent or Democrats..

I am officially turning in my Republican card. From here on out, til my last breath, I am neutral, unaligned, independent..

Are you willing to look at a much better alternative? I don't put all my trust in them, but I believe that they are looking out for the best interests of not just the country but ultimately the US Constitution.

EDIT: I do feel your pain. I was a Reagan Republican. Then again, I have learned a very important lesson: he who trusts in Man is cursed.

Yeah, and even some of their own are calling on Ensign and Sanford to resign from politics altogether.

In retrospect, I wish that Larry Craig had done the same thing after his cruising incident at the airport awhile back.

He wasn't cruising. He had a case of the squirts and the TP was done. He was merely tapping out an SOS.

We have a simple "summer quarter" here, which is just like every other quarter. 10 weeks with week 11 for exams and then a break. Unfortunately in the summer they like to make 5 week classes, so I'm smack in the middle of one right now. My final is next Thursday and I have a group presentation to prepare that I don't feel like doing.

Students bitching about how hard it is. Come on. At WORST, you're in class and/or studying 40 per week. And that's if you're obsessive about it. Get a handle on it, because once you're out, well, you'll miss those 40-hour weeks.

"Group presentation that I don't feel like doing." Sheeeee-hit.

Now I feel like PASabre.

Listing the price of a car as $11,000 and then in the fine print put (with $3000 cash down).

Seriously? WTF? Give us $3k and we'll lower the price $3000? Wow, how clever. And you wonder why people hate car dealerships.

Listing the price of a car as $11,000 and then in the fine print put (with $3000 cash down).

Seriously? WTF? Give us $3k and we'll lower the price $3000? Wow, how clever. And you wonder why people hate car dealerships.

Yep. I had the misfortune of working at a dealership for three months (in sales) and was so disgusted that I quit without anything else solidly lined up. I figured I'd rather go flip burgers than hate myself, my job and my coworkers and feel slimy all the time.

Yep. I had the misfortune of working at a dealership for three months (in sales) and was so disgusted that I quit without anything else solidly lined up. I figured I'd rather go flip burgers than hate myself, my job and my coworkers and feel slimy all the time.

any good stories?

I'll comment on the weather as well. You work all year long to get the odd long weekend. So you finally get that weekend and plan a big camping trip. Weather report - Friday Thundershowers, Saturday possibility of thundershowers, Sunday issolated showers

Great.....