Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1. Politics in general. It seems like everyone GOP is seething with anger and hatred as of late. That's a big mistake on their part as it's going to ensure they stay out of office. I think I'm done with politics for a while.

2. My employer cut company funded gym memberships and didn't tell anyone. Surprise! Your membership with us is longer valid. This comes after no COL increase, insurance cuts, parking cuts, staffing cuts, flex spending cuts, 401k contribution, cut by two thirds, introduction of a 401 vesting, increase in cost of drinks... and our execs all got 15% raises. We're a company of less than 300. I'm two from the top. I don't get this. We're turning a healthy profit even though the economy sucks. Feels a lot like we're using the economy as a reason to kill benefits.

3. My beer belly.

Where's Sean Hannity? ;)

People that order the double whopper with cheese king sized fries AND A DIET COKE!

No point trying to cover the fact, that diet coke ain't gonna do sh!t. So quit fooling yourself and just get a regular coke. You'll thank me in the end.

And this goes for fat and non-fat people. I don't get why the diet coke is soooooooooo important when you're not gonna be able to get it past all that other stuff crammed in your pie hole. :o

True story; I was working at Mighty Taco when I was 18 and fresh out of high school, fresh into college.

The longer I worked there the more angry I became at the amount of customers who, by themselves, would order a mighty pack, some Poppers, and an Enchilada(?) all with a Diet Coke, then finish up with, "for here, please". They would then park their arses and devour their meal with no shame in front of everyone. I must admit, I was particularly disgusted at overweight individuals who provided us with this show.

So one day, during lunch rush hour, an overweight woman waltzes in and puts in a similar order, and just as she was about to order her drink, I blurted out, "we all know you want a diet Coke you fat :censored: ". Must have been louder than I thought, and just my luck, she was one of those secret shoppers who was employed by Mighty Taco. I was fired on the spot.

My complaint; secret shoppers....... you suck.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8-AgWBf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8-AgWBf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome!

True story; I was working at Mighty Taco when I was 18 and fresh out of high school, fresh into college.

The longer I worked there the more angry I became at the amount of customers who, by themselves, would order a mighty pack, some Poppers, and an Enchilada(?) all with a Diet Coke, then finish up with, "for here, please". They would then park their arses and devour their meal with no shame in front of everyone. I must admit, I was particularly disgusted at overweight individuals who provided us with this show.

So one day, during lunch rush hour, an overweight woman waltzes in and puts in a similar order, and just as she was about to order her drink, I blurted out, "we all know you want a diet Coke you fat :censored: ". Must have been louder than I thought, and just my luck, she was one of those secret shoppers who was employed by Mighty Taco. I was fired on the spot.

My complaint; secret shoppers....... you suck.......

:lol:

I'm sorry to laugh at you, but that scenario is just too funny.

Several.

Why do I always read this thread title as Compliant Thursday?

Why does Inky think I don't realize that Mark's wings are BBQ based? (Unless you order them as Bflo, in which case you get a mild version of good wings, which isn't particularily good.) The hot wings are actually reasonable for the east side of town, but when you order 'hot' and they show up as plain BBQ, as Dennis would say "bad things, man."

Why does my gravel driveway have a 1/2" layer of ice under it which causes me to go through shear bolts like they're candy on Halloween?

Speaking of Halloween, why have I not had one single trick-or-treater show up at my house in the 15 years that I've lived in Ra-cha-cha? (I actually know the answer to that one, I've got the scariest driveway in all of Ra-cha-cha, and only have 2 kids under the age of 15 that don't share my last name living on my road.)

Why is the only time I seem to get to post on this board on Thursday nights?

Why does Spndnchz continue to torment all the old geezers on this board?

What the #@$@% is spending cheeese supposed to mean anywho?

Where the frig is PA to make this rant seem less old timer than it actually is?

How the heck did I forget Theo Fleury?

Why is this thread still open 1-1/2 hours into Friday?

Why isn't Ales Kotalik a consistant 30 goal scorer? (OK, I know the answer to that one as well. Sorry.)

:lol:

I'm sorry to laugh at you, but that scenario is just too funny.

Ya, while I still feel kinda bad about what I said to her, I do recall a faint "cheering" sound coming from the kitchen area as I stormed out, finger waving in the air!!

It's just funny to know that others notice this kind of thing, and it does bring to light the "obesity" issues our country has. Spend 1 hour in any fast food joint observing the patrons, you will truly be sick to your stomache. That said, I never go back to Buffalo without making SEVERAL stops to Mighty!!

Why does Inky think I don't realize that Mark's wings are BBQ based? (Unless you order them as Bflo, in which case you get a mild version of good wings, which isn't particularily good.) The hot wings are actually reasonable for the east side of town, but when you order 'hot' and they show up as plain BBQ, as Dennis would say "bad things, man."

:oops: I'll have to buy you a beer for that one. PM me when you want me to pay up.

My annoying neighbors downstairs love to make noise complaints about any little thing. They exagerate every single complaint, trying to be in complete control of the entire building. I recently bought Rock Band (so strangely addictive). Now I can see how this could lead to some noise, but they're way overboard. Last night they called at midnight to complain about the sound. They said it had been constant since 9. Well there's one problem with that (or two), I was watching the Sabres game at 9 and Law & Order at 10. Hmmmm, how exactly could there be this constant drumming at that same time? Idiots.

They also called and complained this past saturday at 6PM. I guess I can't make the slightest bit of sound at any point in the day while they're home. It's completely ridiculous. I've dealt with them so much over the last two years, but I'm done now. I'll annoy away as much as possible, since I'm basically one of the most quiet people you can possibly live near.

People who shouldn't be driving because they're either too old or incompetent. First, my neighbor jumps his car over the stone walkway between our townhouses, takes out the wrought iron railing then slides down the incline of the drive & crashes into my garage door (the house was on the market at the time - not the greatest thing to have happen when you're trying to sell in this market). Then, he doesn't even bother to call & tell me about this (the realtor does) and when I finally catch up with him, he's got the nerve to ask if I could call his insurance agent & report the accident. Luckily his insurance paid out (considering it was the 2nd car he totaled in 6 months) but I still had to get all the bids for repair & repaint the door myself. GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA BUDDY - apparently that behavior is acceptable where he came from. Second, I wake up today to see someone drove their car through the front of a store window - seems like we average about 1 of those per month in a small city. Usually happens in the middle of the day (luckily the DWI'ers crashing into houses at night is less frequent). Maybe this person's car "malfunctioned" like my neighbor claims his did (when's the last time anyone's transmission suddenly went crazy?). Maybe driving tests should be required every 10 years but I already feel like we're heading towards a nanny state without more of the same added on.

Or if you're from Rochester just brakes. Turn signals are optional.

And as one of my co-workers informed me, she's from Jersey, "Just because the person in front of you stops at a stop sign doesn't mean you have to"

How about people who STOP at the end of the merge lane before entering the highway. I'm thinking of putting a set of roo bars or a cowcatcher on the Suburban just for these special drivers.

Or if you're from Rochester just brakes. Turn signals are optional.

And as one of my co-workers informed me, she's from Jersey, "Just because the person in front of you stops at a stop sign doesn't mean you have to"

This actually happened to me yesterday. I was at a 3 way stop and the guy behind me just followed me through the intersection, completely uncaring about the fact that he had to wait his turn. I was unaware that you could "hitch a ride" on the car in front of you.