Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Computers that crash in college in the middle of taking an exam, losing all your answers and needing to retake the :censored: thing. Bitchz

How true this it! :thumbdown:

That's happened to me a few times on Blackboard over at Liberty. At least the profs reset everything so I could take it over.

I'm just generally pissed off this AM, so I don't even know where to start.

Wait, here's a start - starting from Tuesday I have to work 19 straight days and have only three scheduled days off for the month of September. :angry:

Folks, please - for the love of all that is Holy - if you can't deal with driving in rush-hour traffic, then stay TF off the roads between 4-6 p.m.

If you're approaching the intersection where you need to make a left-hand turn, don't slam on the brakes and then get into the turning lane.

When you call for information or are looking for an answer to a question - please try to give me the CliffsNotes version of the situation. I don't need your life story, nor the previous six months' of problems, unless it is unquestionably directly relevant to the question at hand. Land the damn plane already...

Folks, please - for the love of all that is Holy - if you can't deal with driving in rush-hour traffic, then stay TF off the roads between 4-6 p.m.

If you're approaching the intersection where you need to make a left-hand turn, don't slam on the brakes and then get into the turning lane.

When you call for information or are looking for an answer to a question - please try to give me the CliffsNotes version of the situation. I don't need your life story, nor the previous six months' of problems, unless it is unquestionably directly relevant to the question at hand. Land the damn plane already...

Not that you need'm, but you could've earned 3 posts for that one. :doh:

Something I've been pondering, and the query was born of a drive-home rant last week...

We hear the same stuff all the time on how to make your fuel $$ go further - combine trips, make sure the tires are inflated, take unnecessary items out of the vehicle, etc. - but I wonder how much fuel is wasted at traffic signals that are out of sync? In my little suburb there are at least three-four lights that run strictly on timers - XX seconds green for the north/south traffic, followed by XX seconds for turning arrows for the N/S traffic, then the east/west sides get the same treatment. Since they are on timers they change no matter if anyone is waiting for the light or not.

So it got me wondering - how much gas is wasted when people have to stop for a traffic light that changed only for the sake of changing?

I got a phone call today from the person in my company in charge of the "phone list". Why she has to create this thing is beyond me. Every phone comes with the ability to call an employee by looking up their name in the company database or in simple terms, by pushing two buttons. Doesn't this nit wit call me to ask me what my trainee's extension is. Hey fugtard, hit the button on your phone with the word "extension" next to it. Then hit the corresponding first letter of the persons name!

Okay, I have a complaint now. I wiped my computer's hard drive today and clean installed windows. I decided I'd finally upgrade to a new version of AIM after having used old versions forever. All I have to say is, what the hell is this crap? Ugh. It's so....overkill. :wallbash:

I couldn't find a YouTube link but this site sums up Peter Griffin's final "What Grinds My Gears" segment. WARNING - NSFW.

Okay, I have a complaint now. I wiped my computer's hard drive today and clean installed windows. I decided I'd finally upgrade to a new version of AIM after having used old versions forever. All I have to say is, what the hell is this crap? Ugh. It's so....overkill. :wallbash:

That's crazy talk. AOL overdoing something? No frigging way. Like when I sign on to my dial-up account while on deadline, and have to wait while 5 different AOL windows open up - because every time I sign on I want to see the channels, my buddy list, my welcome screen and two other things they think I might be interested in....:wallbash:

BTW, if you have more than one Instant Messenger (e.g., Yahoo, MSN, etc.) try Trillian.

I couldn't find a YouTube link but this site sums up Peter Griffin's final "What Grinds My Gears" segment. WARNING - NSFW.

That's crazy talk. AOL overdoing something? No frigging way. Like when I sign on to my dial-up account while on deadline, and have to wait while 5 different AOL windows open up - because every time I sign on I want to see the channels, my buddy list, my welcome screen and two other things they think I might be interested in....:wallbash:

BTW, if you have more than one Instant Messenger (e.g., Yahoo, MSN, etc.) try Trillian.

I've used Trillian on work computers before, I enjoy it. I'm just so used to the appearance of old style AIM that anything else makes me confused lol It just messes with my head. How am I supposed to talk to people when I'm drunk! :beer:

I've used Trillian on work computers before, I enjoy it. I'm just so used to the appearance of old style AIM that anything else makes me confused lol It just messes with my head. How am I supposed to talk to people when I'm drunk! :beer:

Cool.

Gmail also integrated the AIM program into their website, so your AIM contacts show up in the Gmail contacts and you can chat there. Saves a download and install...

Politics being discussed. Everyone has their views/opinions and if you're on the opposite side no matter what you're dumb and/or ignorant.

Speaking of politics. Why is that one of the MAIN topics of every Presidential election is abortion? There are a NUMBER of issues they could be talking about. We have so many problems in the US, but our Presidential nominees don't take the time to explain how they'd correct them.

I'm against abortion, but I don't think it should be a major debate topic in a Presidential election. The President, by himself, cannot change our nations policy. So quit talking about it! This applies to the Presidential nominees only.