GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

2 shots. That's desparate hockey. This has been the most frustrating season in years. And this game typifies it. Nearly unwatchable for two periods... I can't count how many times i've had this exact same feeling this season. i find myself hitting record on the DVR, doing somthing else for a while and FF thru the rest of the game "just in case" there's a miracle.

The boo birds have come out.

I will still root for them the rest of the way and look for who shows up night to night. I also say that if we get mathematically eliminated I defintely want them to give the kids(Funk, weber, sekera) ice time to give them NHL experience and see what we got in the cupboard.

Whatever line Vanek and Max are on, sit them and have the third guy rotate in another line. Vanek had that one shot the whole game on an open goal (yes the defenseman mad a great play) but you always shoot up on an empty goal to avoid sticks and skates and whatever he hit. Bench them for the rest of this and next game too to make them think a little about playing smart and playing simple. Pretty passes are nice, but i'll take a win over a pretty goal.

I'm officially jumping off the Vanek wagon. I have stuck by him all season, even though I never really liked much about his game. When he isn't scoring goals he is completely useless. I hate the way he skates, I hate the faces he makes, I hate his attitude with reporters, I hate his number, I hate the fact that he will be a Sabre when I am in my 40's, I hate the fact that he makes the most money on the team, I hate Thomas #%^$#!ing Vanek.

We are the Sabres who don't do anything,

we just skate around all night long,

and if you ask us to score anything,

we will tell you we don't score anything.

Well I've never scored on goalies who are completely out of net

and I've never scored a goal while I'm well set

- Quoted from my wife and kid.

Edit: This is to the tune of the Pirates who don't do anything (VeggieTales)

I'm officially jumping off the Vanek wagon. I have stuck by him all season, even though I never really liked much about his game. When he isn't scoring goals he is completely useless. I hate the way he skates, I hate the faces he makes, I hate his attitude with reporters, I hate his number, I hate the fact that he will be a Sabre when I am in my 40's, I hate the fact that he makes the most money on the team, I hate Thomas #%^$#!ing Vanek.

This may be the post of the night.

What about the top 8 guarantee?

Vanek should give Roy about $3 million and Pominville $5 (so they each make about $6 million this year). They actually deserve it. I won't write off his future, but this year has officially not been what it needed to be.

How do you really feel about it... :rolleyes:

2 shots. That's desparate hockey. This has been the most frustrating season in years. And this game typifies it. Nearly unwatchable for two periods... I can't count how many times i've had this exact same feeling this season. i find myself hitting record on the DVR, doing somthing else for a while and FF thru the rest of the game "just in case" there's a miracle.

I was saying the same thing to my wife. Ridiculous. No desperation on most shifts, poor decisions with the puck, a goalie who is struggling to control his rebounds and we get 2 SOG, poor defensive zone coverage with a bunch of NHL regulars on the ice, Max's usual sm?rg?sbord of turnovers...watching this I find it hard to believe that this team is desperate to qualify for the playoffs.

Where's that "Vanek - 30/30" thread?

Can't believe that with the scorching-hot February he had - 13-7-20 in 15 GP - that he could disappear so drastically.

i hope teppo is ok. heart surgery is really serious- obviously.

why in the hell is darcy talking about him; for what................................ are we going to use him for 1 game that is meaningless.

I'm sure we will. And with the history that this team has with injuries he will probably crack open his ribs and puncture his heart and die. I know that's an F'd up thing to say but DR is too stubborn to not have him play to give people some sort of non-existent false hope like we will make the playoffs if he plays. I would rather have him take the whole season off and make sure he is ok. We're not paying him and he's a FA at the end of the year. If he means that much to us re-sign him. If not, cut him loose and rebuild.

Can't believe that with the scorching-hot February he had - 13-7-20 in 15 GP - that he could disappear so drastically.

I need to update my chart in that thread, but let's just say it doesn't look good anymore. However, his February is why I'm not ready to write him off for the future yet. He has the ability, but somebody needs figure out how to light a fire under his ass.

Got to have faith Boys, a four goal period and a 5 - 4 win lets go.....

Given the effort and results of the first two periods, faith is in short supply right now...but I guess anything could happen.

Of course since we need three goals to tie, a 2-SOG period ain't gonna do it....

I need to update my chart in that thread, but let's just say it doesn't look good anymore. However, his February is why I'm not ready to write him off for the future yet. He has the ability, but somebody needs figure out how to light a fire under his ass.

That's kind of sad, IMO. NHL allstar-level sniper/hands, but someone has to push him.

I was saying the same thing to my wife. Ridiculous. No desperation on most shifts, poor decisions with the puck, a goalie who is struggling to control his rebounds and we get 2 SOG, poor defensive zone coverage with a bunch of NHL regulars on the ice, Max's usual sm?rg?sbord of turnovers...watching this I find it hard to believe that this team is desperate to qualify for the playoffs.

There's a saying "what your doing speaks so loud I can't hear what your saying".

It's hard to fault the results if the total effort is there but when it's not and it should be well that's just screaming there's no leadership or character on this team...

Given the effort and results of the first two periods, faith is in short supply right now...but I guess anything could happen.

Of course since we need three goals to tie, a 2-SOG period ain't gonna do it....

That's kind of sad, IMO. NHL allstar-level sniper/hands, but someone has to push him.

Ruff needs to get on him more than he got on Kalinin.

How many times have we seen Tallinder fire a shot from the blue line that sails over the net. Come on Hank.. Hit the freakin net..

Hank the Crank? He has a deadly accurate cannon!

*sarcasm off*

BTW everytime I hear RJ say Darsh all I can think of is that South Park episode where the kid was calling Stan Darsh

Archived