The Sabres are still not out of it!

LabattBlue

They've got hot before, they can do it again. Just play solid team defense and stay in the game until the end.

I would kill to see this team go into defensive lockdown mode over the next few games - shut everything down at the blue line, play attacking, relentless defense, and score an opportunistic goal or two and win 2-1 or 3-2.

It pains me to say this, but at this point I would say :sick: bring on the trap. :wallbash:

Plain and simple. Vanek has got to start getting hot. If that happens, this team has a shot. This team goes the way Vanek goes. When he's hot and performing well, the team also plays well. When he's off his game, this team loses games. He needs to man up and start carrying the scoring burden and start getting points and scoring goals for this team. That's the only hope we have.

Plain and simple. Vanek has got to start getting hot. If that happens, this team has a shot. This team goes the way Vanek goes. When he's hot and performing well, the team also plays well. When he's off his game, this team loses games. He needs to man up and start carrying the scoring burden and start getting points and scoring goals for this team. That's the only hope we have.

Unfortunately Vanek cannot play defense and not constantly hand the puck to their forwards in front of our net...

Vanek is the least of this teams concerns right now...

That's good news. It seems like philly and boston have had such a terrible string of games and we're STILL 4 and 5 points back. Will this team ever wake up?

Exactly!

And when BOS didn't put in a terrible game v. WAS... It helped the Sabres by WAS collapsing on what amounted to a Brashear meltdown late in the game! And here we all wanted WAS to win.

:wallbash: :wallbash:

Do the "Gods" know something?

How many chances will the Sabres be given?

Buffalo needs to hang close to Boston. They play them twice coming down the stretch. Could the final game of the year, @ Boston, be a playoff play-in game.

I think what irks me the most is Philly and Boston have struggled this week and Buffalo didnt capitalize at all.

Carpe Diem Boys!!!

Buffalo needs to hang close to Boston. They play them twice coming down the stretch. Could the final game of the year, @ Boston, be a playoff play-in game.

I'd love to somehow have a spot locked up before that, but if by some chance (miracle?) it does come down to that, we will have quite a presence in that building to get behind the team.

I'd love to somehow have a spot locked up before that, but if by some chance (miracle?) it does come down to that, we will have quite a presence in that building to get behind the team.

Just seems that with all the defensemen getting injured that the stars aren't aligning right. :blink:

I still don't think they'll get there, but the next two days are huge. Philly & Boston play each other tomorrow, so if the Sabres can somehow eek out four points tonight and tomorrow and the Phlyers-Bruins ends in regulation, the Sabres are right back in the hunt.

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!

"The Sabres are still not out of it". Well, they're sure not in it either. Hopefully after getting their butts kicked by the Pens, that it will light a fire under their butts, otherwise I hope they enjoy they golf course next month. :wallbash:

No quitting here.

Paid for the first two rounds of playoffs today.

GO SABRES. "insert Vince Lombardi quote here"

What a racket! That could be over a month away!

Boy... "Somebody" is making some money on the interest at least... <_< <_<

Really makes them (beancounters) to want the playoffs (shure there is more money in it... But)...

"Marginal" teams should be required to only take money when they qualify!

To get in, they will have to put together a hot streak, which should be enough to hold off those behind us if it is enough to catch someone in front of us. However, something will have to click for this to happen.

It certainly looked like something clicked last night. Tonight will give a better indication if it truly has or not. Their PP still looked ridiculous, but other than that, it was an effort like they hadn't showed in a while. Build off of it and they could make a run at a playoff spot; lay an egg again tonight and the noose will tighten further. Here's believing it will be the former!

As impressed as I was with the offense last night, I was more impressed with the defense. The forwards backchecked well, 'Canes were picked up in the defensive zone, defensemen stood guys up at the line - not physically, mind you - but the D made Carolina's zone entry difficult - and they kept a lot of shots to the outside and didn't allow many odd-man rushes and whacks at rebounds.

Archived