The Sabres are still not out of it!

LabattBlue

Boston is playing like crap and got clobbered in back to back games recently(they are losing 1-0 to TB in the first) and Philadelphia just got swept by Toronto.

If Miller gets hot and Lindy can tighten the reigns a little to compensate for the blueline injuries, they can still make a run at the #8 playoff spot. That being said, it all needs to start with the games against Carolina and Toronto.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

haha i had like 1400.

But back to the topic, yeah we're as good as out of it. lol

As long as they stay within 4, I'd still have faith in them even with 5 games to go. I know this team has it in them, I just don't know if they are tuning Lindy out at this point and with no veteran leadership to kick some ass in the locker room.

Boston and Philly are less of a concern. You have to realize that there are three teams tied for 74 points behind Buffalo who are also gunning for the 8th spot. More than Boston and Philly faltering, I'm more concerned about Washington going on a run and take over and have two teams from SE in the playoffs. If the Sabres are interested in making the playoffs, they need to start winning some games because the teams behind them will leapfrog them and make the playoffs.

Boston and Philly are less of a concern. You have to realize that there are three teams tied for 74 points behind Buffalo who are also gunning for the 8th spot. More than Boston and Philly faltering, I'm more concerned about Washington going on a run and take over and have two teams from SE in the playoffs. If the Sabres are interested in making the playoffs, they need to start winning some games because the teams behind them will leapfrog them and make the playoffs.

You're more concerned about the teams behind the Sabres versus the teams ahead of them? This board time warp is playing games with me. :blink: :blink:

:bag: :bag: :bag:

Ummmm... Yes they ARE out of it! Didn't you see the Pittsburgh game?! Yes, they're out of it. And they are playing every bit like they're ready for the links.

Seriously. In the Pittsburgh game, they were boys playing against men. They are done. They have no core 'd' to lean on, so they may ocassionally stop someone and get the puck, but they still need to clear their zone. Count on more goals allowed, and fewer goals scored through the rest of the season.

You're more concerned about the teams behind the Sabres versus the teams ahead of them? This board time warp is playing games with me. :blink: :blink:

No, it's the whole situation. If the guys in front of Buffalo start playing badly, that only impact Buffalo if they win games. But if the guys in front of Buffalo play badly and the guys behind Buffalo play really well, in the end, it just negatively impacts Buffalo as Buffalo just moves further down in the standings if they don't win games. End of the day, Buffalo has got to start winning games, regardless of what the teams around them do. And, if they don't win games and play like they did last night, being four points out means nothing as they'll just end the season that way, or worse.

They are far from out of it -- if each team had three games left they still wouldn't be out of it -- but they need to start playing like it. The Pens are one of the best teams in the East and we are not playing many of those in the remaining games (just Montreal, if you consider how badly Boston and Ottawa have been playing). With their current D, especially with injuries, I don't see them going all the way, but they could do just enough to make it.

If the Flyers and Bruins had been playing well, we would be really far out of, but instead, we are right where we were, just with fewer games left to make up the difference. One of the side effects of that, though, is that several teams are now right behind us. To get in, they will have to put together a hot streak, which should be enough to hold off those behind us if it is enough to catch someone in front of us. However, something will have to click for this to happen.

Losing Spacek was a big blow, as he was the second half of our top pair for most of the season (scary that Campbell was the other half.) Tallinder and Lydman need to remember how to play like the top pair. Pratt needs to clean up the mistakes he has made that he never used to make. Sekera and Weber will have to step up, which they both seem capable of. Finally, isn't Teppo due back soon? If not, we may see Pommers back there. When you think about it, he would be a lot like having Campbell back, only with better defensive skills. :nana:

They are far from out of it -- if each team had three games left they still wouldn't be out of it -- but they need to start playing like it. The Pens are one of the best teams in the East and we are not playing many of those in the remaining games (just Montreal, if you consider how badly Boston and Ottawa have been playing). With their current D, especially with injuries, I don't see them going all the way, but they could do just enough to make it.

If the Flyers and Bruins had been playing well, we would be really far out of, but instead, we are right where we were, just with fewer games left to make up the difference. One of the side effects of that, though, is that several teams are now right behind us. To get in, they will have to put together a hot streak, which should be enough to hold off those behind us if it is enough to catch someone in front of us. However, something will have to click for this to happen.

Losing Spacek was a big blow, as he was the second half of our top pair for most of the season (scary that Campbell was the other half.) Tallinder and Lydman need to remember how to play like the top pair. Pratt needs to clean up the mistakes he has made that he never used to make. Sekera and Weber will have to step up, which they both seem capable of. Finally, isn't Teppo due back soon? If not, we may see Pommers back there. When you think about it, he would be a lot like having Campbell back, only with better defensive skills. :nana:

We can only dream now..LOL :nana:

Couldn't agree more Labatt. We're only 2 games back from the 8 seed and 2.5 games back from the 7 seed. I'm not sure if we will make the playoffs, but it's no time to give up. We haven't played well lately, but we're still not the Kings or anything. You never know what might happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpSFExhRdBA&feature=related

Though much is taken, much abides; and though

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are?

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

?Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Ulysses

Boston is playing like crap and got clobbered in back to back games recently(they are losing 1-0 to TB in the first) and Philadelphia just got swept by Toronto.

If Miller gets hot and Lindy can tighten the reigns a little to compensate for the blueline injuries, they can still make a run at the #8 playoff spot. That being said, it all needs to start with the games against Carolina and Toronto.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anything can happen, but you can't be very encouraged by what we are seeing. I could see Boston, or Philly, faltering down the final stretch, but the Sabres aren't really showing any sign that they are ready to take advantage. We shall see...I am keeping 'em crossed!

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!

man, i really like seeing optimism out of some of you guys, but for the first time ever last night i was really, really sad watching this hockey team. i can accept losing - i really can. they had a lot of reasons to fall to Pitt last night, injuries, etc, but to do it in the fashion they did? and even then, everyone is allowed a stinker, even during a playoff chase, but to look like we did two games in a row!??! it was really embarassing last night.

i saw efort out of max and millsie last night and thatwas about it....

Archived