The Sabres are still not out of it!

LabattBlue

It certainly looked like something clicked last weekend. Tonight will give a better indication if it truly has or not. Their PP still looked ridiculous, but other than that, it was an effort like they hadn't showed in a while. Build off of it and they could make a run at a playoff spot; lay an egg again tonight and the noose will tighten further. Here's believing it will be the former!

Updated my previous statement (changed one whole word).

The funny thing is that the Sabres still technically control their own destiny. Win their last 7 games - including regulation wins both times against Boston - and there is no need for scoreboard watching. Of course, I have serious doubts this team can win ONE game, let alone seven.

So yes, this season is over. Better luck next year.

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!

Im still with ya till they are completely, totally mathematically eliminated and then I'm still with ya watching what players show up and still play with pride and hope they will continue to play the kids and at least get them some more NHL experience...Maybe even make T-Bo earn a paycheck but only after total elimination... :rolleyes:

Im still with ya till they are completely, totally mathematically eliminated and then I'm still with ya watching what players show up and still play with pride and hope they will continue to play the kids and at least get them some more NHL experience...Maybe even make T-Bo earn a paycheck but only after total elimination... :rolleyes:

If we do get mathematically eliminated, Thibeault should play the remainder of the season. Thibeault should most of his salary this year to Miller, since Miller had to play about 99% of the season.

This season cant end soon enough...

No matter how bad it has gotten, that is one thing that I have never wished. I hate the off-season. Once this season is over, I will be saying that pre-season can't come soon enough. At least when they're playing, there is a chance for a great game. They've had 9 or 10 games where they won scoring 5 or more goal (including several of 7 or more), some great comeback wins (mostly against TB) and a few hard-fought victories. Sure, they've also laid their fair share of eggs, but there's usually something exciting to watch (e.g., Kaleta with some big hits). I will never wish for a season to end.

No matter how bad it has gotten, that is one thing that I have never wished. I hate the off-season. Once this season is over, I will be saying that pre-season can't come soon enough. At least when they're playing, there is a chance for a great game. They've had 9 or 10 games where they won scoring 5 or more goal (including several of 7 or more), some great comeback wins (mostly against TB) and a few hard-fought victories. Sure, they've also laid their fair share of eggs, but there's usually something exciting to watch (e.g., Kaleta with some big hits). I will never wish for a season to end.

The one thing about the hockey season is it starts so quick after it ends..This yr has been a disaster since the last one ended and I cant wait for it to be over and see what might happen next yr..

Archived