TSN claims that Marty has been traded

frisky

My question with Souray (or even Vishnovsky who I threw out there) is who sits when everyone is healthy? Tallinder, Lydman won't change, Soup is in, Spacek is in, Numminen? Kalinin?

I'd say Kalinin but honestly he's starting to play better. he may be one of these guys who stinks until it matters. he was great last playioffsuntil he got hurt. Souray also puts Paetch on the pine (or at forward) and he's been pretty good as well.

I think one of the defencemen would get moved with a pick for Souray (if it were to happen) so Souray would take the place of whomever is dealt. Then Paetsch is kept as a #7 defencemen and a backup forward for the playoffs

What about Souray? Is Montreal willing to move him? His money is comparable to Guerin's...

THAT would be the trade of the day. Unfortunately, I don't think the Habs will move him because they are currently back in playoff position with their win over "Toronna" yesterday. I think the Habs may actually be buyers today rather than sellers.

Bertuzzi would be an intriguing option, but you have to wonder what effect he would have on the locker room...

Here's a couple names we haven't mentioned that I'll just throw out there...how about Ryan Smyth???? How about Joe Sakic???? Obviously unlikely, but impossible? Sakic probably will never leave Colorado, but if Edmonton can't agree with Smyth today on a contract, then who knows.

Ty Conklin is decent for a backup

Belfour would have been a good choice, but it would have cost Buffalo much more, therefore he is not worth it

Belfour and Conklin make the same amount, +/-200,00. And Belfour has loads of experience, and cough-cough, has won a Stanley Cup..... I would feel better about him as back-up.... I hope something is coming down the line......

You think maybe Regier was going after Guerrin but the deal got pulled from the table and handed to San Jose? Those whole thing could have been for nothing.

Can you imagine? Regier would get roasted (possibly literally)! If that is what happened, I am blaming you! ;)

huh...ty conklin for next year's 3rd rounder. i'd have liked more if columbus claimed boucher first, then traded him for the 3rd instead of ty. i dunno...part of me believes darcy is actually maintaining status quo while keeping an eye on next season (extra 1st round pick, more cap space to resign briere/drury, etc.).

who knows...still 2+ hours to go.

You think maybe Regier was going after Guerrin but the deal got pulled from the table and handed to San Jose? Those whole thing could have been for nothing.

Right now, that's exactly what I think, and I'm getting anxious for news that I'm wrong.

I can't believe that Darcy would go into that sort of situation without some sort of backup plan or fall-back guy. He knew that there were a ton of teams jumping into the Guerin sweepstakes, so it shouldn't have surprised him if St. Louis got a better offer elsewhere. I am pretty confident that he'll make a move to use this cap space and justify trading Marty.

I know Marty doesn't have any say on who gets traded and I know he wants to be the #1, but really, if I were Marty, I'd be saying to myself, look I'm already a millionaire. I'm sure I'll get to be the #1 next season somewhere. Wouldn't you want to ride this out and have a great shot at the Stanley Cup?!?! I mean, thats why you play the game, right? I know I would.

Darcy must have more up his sleeve. Conkin and a draft pick from Philly? This does us no good right now. I hope he can pull the trigger on someone who can come in and push the Sabres over the edge for the ultimate goal. I would go ballistic if we landed Ryan Smyth, but that could be too far fetched.

I also heard a rumor that Connolly has been placed on long term IR? So this free's up more money to aquire someone? I guess we won't be seeing Tim in the playoffs if this is true.

C'mon Buffalo - this is our year!!

Right now, that's exactly what I think, and I'm getting anxious for news that I'm wrong.

There's no way we got outbid when all San Jose gave up was a first and a guy who's never played pro hockey.

There's no way we got outbid when all San Jose gave up was a first and a guy who's never played pro hockey.

Scratch that. I just got different information.

Archived