TSN claims that Marty has been traded

frisky

I loved Marty, especially after what happened last week, but they really needed the money and depth up front with all the injuries. At least Conklin has playoff and Cup Experience last year with the Oilers, albeit he was horrid. While I think some may disagree, I'm really hoping that the Sabres trade away Connolly and Kalinin and get 3 players - 2 UFA Forwards, and 1 UFA Defenseman. What this does is open up cap room for the Sabres to keep Briere and Drury next year and makes them really good for this year's playoffs. I hope the rumor about Ryan Smyth is true and one of the players they send to Edmonton is Connolly with a pick potentially.

Right, well the rumor had Kalinin and Connolly moving, that's 3.5ish, we already have 2.3 free. Kotalik and Max to Edmonton makes another 4. That's 9.8. It wasn't THAT hard. ;)

So we'd move Kalinin, Max and Kotalik off the roster, add Sakic and Smyth and basically keep Stafford up after everyone else is back and have 800k leftover to get another defenseman. Seriously, I don't think this is happening. I'm just saying it could if we were so motivated.

That would also be a major reworking of the roster, which I don't see the Sabres doing with a team that wins when healthy (unless we know we aren't going to be healthy).

In my thinking, they're still in add an experienced player and a depth player mode.

Archived