TSN claims that Marty has been traded

frisky

On opening day they had ~$95k to play with. So, assuming all the Amerks that are up on the roster are covered by Timmy's salary, then the Sabres could afford Guerin (barely).

As an aside, IF Timmy comes back in the regular season, in that scenario all the call ups would need to be sent back down to the AHL (assuming no one other than Gaustad is on BLTI-IR) until the regular season ends.

So, if we trade for Guerin, and if Timmy comes back in the regular season, and if as soon as Timmy comes back, we send down ALL the call-ups, we are OK?

If yes, this is what our forward lines look like as of the last game of the regular season:

Briere-Hecht-Pominville

Drury-Guerin-Kotalik

Roy-Max-Vanek

Connolly-Mair-Novotny

healthy scratch: Peters, Paetsche

If either Max or Kotalik can't go, Paetsche slides in.

That's pretty GD strong.

Go Sabres.

So, if we trade for Guerin, and if Timmy comes back in the regular season, and if as soon as Timmy comes back, we send down ALL the call-ups, we are OK?

If yes, this is what our forward lines look like as of the last game of the regular season:

Briere-Hecht-Pominville

Drury-Guerin-Kotalik

Roy-Max-Vanek

Connolly-Mair-Novotny

healthy scratch: Peters, Paetsche

If either Max or Kotalik can't go, Paetsche slides in.

That's pretty GD strong.

Go Sabres.

Yes.

That would be a solid lineup. But it looks like Guerin is going to the Snarks.

I'm sure Buffalo is bringing in somebody else, just have no idea who, yet.

Seriously!!!!! Biron goes and the only goalie we get back is Ty Conklin??!!?? He stinks!!! I know he will only back-up Miller, but two things 1) what if Miller gets hurt are we confident in Conklin, 2) Do you feel confident in Conklin playing at least 6 games in March with all the back to back games they have. I would much rather have Belfour than Conklin, and the cost difference does not seem that big. Belfour has loads of experience, and cough-cough, has won a Stanley Cup. This player that they may get latter better be worthwhile, and better be Guerin - oops he is now a Shark.

Audio? I went their and it said because I was outside Canada I couldn't view/listen.

I had the same problem until I realized I was clicking the wrong link. Click the one that says "Real Time NHL Trade Tracker" NOT the other one ne that says "Join the NHL on TSN crew for blah blah blah"

I'm hoping this isn't one of those head-scratching years a la Bob Corkum.

There's got to be more to what we're doing than taking the downgrade at G for a draft pick.

There definitely is because think about it...there is no reason for Darcy to give away our goaltending insurance unless he is strengthening the team on D or at forward...and recall his statements to MSG that said something along the lines of "Well you have to decide, do you want strength in goal or strength somewhere else." The Biron trade proves he is ready to strengthen the team someplace else

There definitely is because think about it...there is no reason for Darcy to give away our goaltending insurance unless he is strengthening the team on D or at forward...and recall his statements to MSG that said something along the lines of "Well you have to decide, do you want strength in goal or strength somewhere else." The Biron trade proves he is ready to strengthen the team someplace else

What about Souray? Is Montreal willing to move him? His money is comparable to Guerin's...

Seriously!!!!! Biron goes and the only goalie we get back is Ty Conklin??!!?? He stinks!!! I know he will only back-up Miller, but two things 1) what if Miller gets hurt are we confident in Conklin, 2) Do you feel confident in Conklin playing at least 6 games in March with all the back to back games they have. I would much rather have Belfour than Conklin, and the cost difference does not seem that big. Belfour has loads of experience, and cough-cough, has won a Stanley Cup. This player that they may get latter better be worthwhile, and better be Guerin - oops he is now a Shark.

Ty Conklin is decent for a backup

Belfour would have been a good choice, but it would have cost Buffalo much more, therefore he is not worth it

Archived