TSN claims that Marty has been traded

frisky

the TSN trade tracker page might be the greatest disservice to worker production ever.

as for my eulogy, i will truly miss marty. he is a class act and a fantastic all-around teammate - best of luck wherever that maybe!

I said it a year ago, where ever he goes, I'll buy that jersey... even if he signs with Phillyi n the offseason.

Sportsnet indicated they felt Eddie the Eagle would be a good fit in the Buff. Kypreos said he felt Eddie would embrace the back-up roll and be a good locker-room guy based on his playing days with Eddie. Did he play on the same team as Eddie? In Toronto for a couple of years?

Darren Pang I think also said he wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie in Buff.

Considering how careful Regier is with personnel, if they get Eddie, you can bet they are convinced he won't hurt the room. Tough shoes to fit in Marty though. How can you be a bigger team guy than that?

Where will Marty wind up? I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 way deal on this. Who would've taken him?

TB? Phoenix? Montreal? Chicago? Los Angeles?

It's tough to say, you know the Sabres wouldn't trade within division, not a goalie anyway, but if it's a 3 way deal.... Or, if Regier decides freeing cap space is more valuable than trading within division........

Phoenix wouldn't want him unless there was security that he stays next season. Same with Chicago.

does anyone else feel like they have been punched in the gut?

A year and a half ago, I don't think anyone had any strong attachments to any of these players, now... especially after last week - I want them all here.

A year and a half ago, I don't think anyone had any strong attachments to any of these players, now... especially after last week - I want them all here.

I see what you're saying. But I'm also really excited for Marty and excited to see who the Sabres will be picking up.

Where will Marty wind up? I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 way deal on this. Who would've taken him?

TB? Phoenix? Montreal? Chicago? Los Angeles?

It's tough to say, you know the Sabres wouldn't trade within division, not a goalie anyway, but if it's a 3 way deal.... Or, if Regier decides freeing cap space is more valuable than trading within division........

Phoenix wouldn't want him unless there was security that he stays next season. Same with Chicago.

I think most teams that were not looking at him for a rental player, they probably already have an extension for him to sign in the next couple days

Yup. This group of players is so fun to watch, sometimes I feel like I'm tuning in to watch a weekly TV show and one of my favorite characters was just written out of the script. Except these guys are real, which makes even harder to deal with. From a hockey perspective, I am excited about the possiblities. But I will miss Marty.

Marty's been my favorite sabre for years. There is no better interview. The new backup better sing along with all the songs while he's on the bench.

Archived