Darcy Tucker should be suspended

BMWR100RT

It's one thing if Eaves wants to fight, but he clearly isn't a fighter. what do you think would have happenned to tucker if he picked on one of our skill guys? I like the rough stuff as much as anyone, but thuggery like that is just wrong.

That dude needs a pshycological evaluation.

It's one thing if Eaves wants to fight, but he clearly isn't a fighter. what do you think would have happenned to tucker if he picked on one of our skill guys? I like the rough stuff as much as anyone, but thuggery like that is just wrong.

you can have a look at it here --

linkage

just right-click to save it rather than try to view it online.

i agree that it was ugly thuggery -- but i also have a suspicion that tucker will get his in due time. (then again, did he ever get his comeuppance for basically ending peca's career/knee as we previously knew it?)

I don't get Tucker ... every time he gets hit, he thinks it means he has to fight the guy. That was a clean check by Eaves and Tucker insisted it turn into a fight.

I understand it was 5-1 at the time and maybe he was trying to spark his team, but still ... you can find someone to go with easy enough. Tucker obviously instigated it and then as he gets in the box his motions seem to imply that Eaves should have taken his helmet off because of the shield and Darcy hurt his hand. Hey, Darcy, you went looking for it, tough crap.

Besides that, whatever happened to the game misconduct for not having your jersey tied down? Darcy got his right hand out of that jersey awful fast.

I am sure he is a fully diagnosed "somethin or other". I forgot who married who's sister with Shayne Corson, but after Corson just left the team in the playoffs, you can see how the heriditary mental illness would seek each other out.

you can have a look at it here --

linkage

just right-click to save it rather than try to view it online.

i agree that it was ugly thuggery -- but i also have a suspicion that tucker will get his in due time. (then again, did he ever get his comeuppance for basically ending peca's career/knee as we previously knew it?)

Funny that he and Peca are teammates now. I wonder how that worked out in training camp?

what a punk. For all the bemoaning of Peters I've heard on this board, I think Tucker is a much worse blight on the NHL. Peters slugs it out with the other team's designated fighter. He NEVER tries to start something with a skill player. Tucker seems to feel like anytime he receives a clean check, he's entitled to go after someone he feels he can beat in a fight. I assume everyone here remembers last year, when Grier crushed Tucker -- Tucker skated right past Grier looking for someone smaller to pick on, found Hecht, and hit his knee in a clearly dirty shot.

We play the leafs 8 times this year. I'm confident that over the course of this year Tucker will get his.

Funny that he and Peca are teammates now. I wonder how that worked out in training camp?

They're probably friends. It's all part of the game and these guys know it -- Peca has laid some dirty hits too. They're actors on a stage. Only the fans get into this artificial hate thing. If Tucker's a Sabre, we love him. Sorry to ruin the panty party. Carry on.

They're probably friends. It's all part of the game and these guys know it -- Peca has laid some dirty hits too. They're actors on a stage. Only the fans get into this artificial hate thing. If Tucker's a Sabre, we love him. Sorry to ruin the panty party. Carry on.

The hate thing may indeed be artificial, but I think the desire for payback is real. I'm pretty confident that when an opportunity to plaster Tucker presents itself this year, one of the Sabres will take it -- and Hecht and the rest of the guys will appreciate it. We'll see.

what a punk. For all the bemoaning of Peters I've heard on this board, I think Tucker is a much worse blight on the NHL.

Pretty much sums it up. We always hear that usual "if Tucker was on our team, we'd cheer for him too" B.S. (especially from PA) and I think it's crap. If you take away the insitgator/Barnaby-wannbe aspect of game away, Tucker would be a pretty good forward to have - can score some, bangs bodies, decent in his own end...but the stupid thuggery-type antics make me sick. I really hope someone does get him, and gets him good. Didn't seem like Ottawa was too excited about getting back at Tucker, which makes me wonder about their heart & collective toughness...

honestly Eaves should never have dropped his gloves... he should've dropped to the ice once dipsh!t tucker came after him. But, he dropped his gloves and he was fair game.

That might be the worst thing a player could do. I would bet that his teammates would have serious questions about that players' heart, character/toughness, whatever if they saw him drop the ice and turtle because a third-tier, pseudo-tough guy like Tucker wants to fight him. Personally I would have zero respect for any player, Sabres included, if I saw that. It doesn't take much to tie up the guys' arms and hang on, and your teammates won't see you backing down from a fight.

:thumbdown: BS. When these guys take a run at someone's knees, like Tucker has been known to do, it affects their ability to continue working. You think they just wink and smile and say "Oh, you really got me there!" No way. While I am sure time tempers the feelings of hate, the desire for payback is probably there for a long time. I also think you're way off base with the "artifical hate" thing, but that topic goes back to discussions we had during and after the ECF, and I guess we'll always be on opposite sides of the fence there.

And for the record, I would vehemently oppose Darcy Tucker ever wearing a Sabres uniform, even it is one with the slug on it.

Darcy Tucker is a punk and I'd never cheer for him as a Sabre. Mark that down.

It's too bad Eaves isn't a fighter because the amount of time lil' Darcy spent with his chin exposed before he got his arm loose was infintesimal. Someone like Mair would have cleaned his clock.

I'm really disappointed that one of the Sens didn't meet Marcy coming out of the box and wring him out like a dishtowel. Buncha Euros.

Tucker is a joke.

AT least go with the guy who's willing. He basically forced that fight. Good for Eaves manning up, but Tucker is a joke.

He's such a sissy when he's losing especially.

The other night Alex Burrows of Vancity went with Barnaby. Burrows was clearly undermatched, but he willingly fought Barnaby. He didn't get grabbed and forced into defending himself.

Tucker. Keep your head up

PEaves deserves everything he gets, just ask Joe Exter.

Yeah, look that one up since no on has any clue what I'm talking about.

Come on dude, I have seen the video of that ... i saw it a while ago, but it never looked intentional to me ... for those who don't know the story, here is one version ...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04073/285349.stm

that motion by tucker in the box was a suggestion to eaves to turtle next time and avoid the beating, no?

looked like a quick flexing of the bicep immediately after that. nice job, whupping eaves...you are the man, darcy. :thumbdown:

Pretty much sums it up. We always hear that usual "if Tucker was on our team, we'd cheer for him too" B.S. (especially from PA) and I think it's crap. If you take away the insitgator/Barnaby-wannbe aspect of game away, Tucker would be a pretty good forward to have - can score some, bangs bodies, decent in his own end...but the stupid thuggery-type antics make me sick. I really hope someone does get him, and gets him good. Didn't seem like Ottawa was too excited about getting back at Tucker, which makes me wonder about their heart & collective toughness...

That might be the worst thing a player could do. I would bet that his teammates would have serious questions about that players' heart, character/toughness, whatever if they saw him drop the ice and turtle because a third-tier, pseudo-tough guy like Tucker wants to fight him. Personally I would have zero respect for any player, Sabres included, if I saw that. It doesn't take much to tie up the guys' arms and hang on, and your teammates won't see you backing down from a fight.

:thumbdown: BS. When these guys take a run at someone's knees, like Tucker has been known to do, it affects their ability to continue working. You think they just wink and smile and say "Oh, you really got me there!" No way. While I am sure time tempers the feelings of hate, the desire for payback is probably there for a long time. I also think you're way off base with the "artifical hate" thing, but that topic goes back to discussions we had during and after the ECF, and I guess we'll always be on opposite sides of the fence there.

And for the record, I would vehemently oppose Darcy Tucker ever wearing a Sabres uniform, even it is one with the slug on it.

Perhaps I should clarify, I meant he should went to draw a penalty and not try to be the hero. I didn't mean for him to cower in fear and turn yellow.

Um I've seen players back down alot... is called drawing a penalty... Tucker was obviously on a mission. Eaves is no tough guy and should have no business dropping his gloves if he's gota absorb a few shots to get the man advantage so be it, but if he thinks he's gonna have a chance against a guy like tucker... well you saw what happened.

believe me, I hate tucker like the rest of you, but you can earn the respect of your teammates without your face turning into a punching bag a la Eaves. Checkout Matthew Barnaby, he would sometimes back away and got the PP numerous times...

Perhaps I should clarify, I meant he should went to draw a penalty and not try to be the hero. I didn't mean for him to cower in fear and turn yellow.

Um I've seen players back down alot... is called drawing a penalty... Tucker was obviously on a mission. Eaves is no tough guy and should have no business dropping his gloves if he's gota absorb a few shots to get the man advantage so be it, but if he thinks he's gonna have a chance against a guy like tucker... well you saw what happened.

believe me, I hate tucker like the rest of you, but you can earn the respect of your teammates without your face turning into a punching bag a la Eaves. Checkout Matthew Barnaby, he would sometimes back away and got the PP numerous times...

I agree that there are guys who are able to goad Tucker and others like him into those sort of penalties, but I don't think Eaves was trying to do that, nor did he have the chance. After watching the video again, Eaves had no chance to skate away from the fight, or try to goad Tucker into a penalty - Tucker & Eaves collided, and Tucker jumped up off the ice, threw off his gloves and grabbed Eaves, who had no choice but to drop his gloves and defend himself.

While Eaves' hockeysfuture.com profile seems to indicate that he is no stranger to questionable hits, in this case, he seemed to be little more than the latest "little guy" target that Tucker decided to pull his wannbe-tough guy act on.

That whole mess was started my the Sen's version of Andjuice Peters, Brian McGratton. After a fight, McGratton pulled a classless act, ala Peters, by gesturing towards the Leafs. What Tucker did was answer that gesture and send a message to the Sens.

The most upsetting thing about that fight is that Phillips and another player stood around and watched. The Sens are no team at all. They are done. All talent and no heart. Things are going to get worse for that team before they get better. :thumbsup:

Archived