OK, Taking The Plunge!

CallawaySabres

Right now, I have the throwback white Perreault jersey. As much as I like the new design of the home jersey, I just can't cheat on the original crest sooooooo I am going to purchase the throwback blue with numbers on the chest.

I am not going with Briere or Drury as I don't know how long they will be here. Miller could be an option. Who are the Assistant Captains this year (Numminen and Campbell)??? I would like to have someone with a letter A (looks better I think) But not a must. Max is definite possibility. Novotny - What are the contracts of above mentioned players?? I want to get a current player for once (responsible for hopefully bringing home the Cup)

Any suggestions would be great and reason why

Right now, I have the throwback white Perreault jersey. As much as I like the new design of the home jersey, I just can't cheat on the original crest sooooooo I am going to purchase the throwback blue with numbers on the chest.

I am not going with Briere or Drury as I don't know how long they will be here. Miller could be an option. Who are the Assistant Captains this year (Numminen and Campbell)??? I would like to have someone with a letter A (looks better I think) But not a must. Max is definite possibility. Novotny - What are the contracts of above mentioned players?? I want to get a current player for once (responsible for hopefully bringing home the Cup)

Any suggestions would be great and reason why

I think Campbell just wore the A during the pre-season. Teppo has been wearing it during the regular season. Whoever is not wearing the C for the night gets the other A.

I'm not a jersey person, but if I was, the safest bet would be Tallinder.

My plan this whole summer was to buy a Tallinder uniform once the new jerseys came out. Then the new jerseys actually did come out and I decided I wasn't buying one.

My whole thing right now is deciding who to get on the throwback. Tallinder is the safest of the current guys but Drury has to be my favorite. But, then, if I'm getting a throwback this is my chance to FINALLY get the Pat LaFontaine jersey I've had my eye on forever.

I am torn between the original jersey Drury and Pominville, with Vanek also getting some consideration. First choice is Drury if he re-signs, but if not, I will have a tough time deciding between Pommer and TV...

where do you get the vintage w/ numbers on the front?

You can order them through the Sabres Store ($155.00 tax included). I was there yesterday and that's the only way to get ANY jersey (home, road, throwback) with a name on it (they did have blank white banana slug uniforms that everyone was avoiding).

If you want a player from the past (LaFontaine or Ruff), just let them know when you order and they won't include the numbers on the front (otherwise they'll put one on there).

Have to order it- don't know how long it takes

3-4 weeks supposedly.

You can order them through the Sabres Store ($155.00 tax included). I was there yesterday and that's the only way to get ANY jersey (home, road, throwback) with a name on it (they did have blank white banana slug uniforms that everyone was avoiding).

If you want a player from the past (LaFontaine or Ruff), just let them know when you order and they won't include the numbers on the front (otherwise they'll put one on there).

Icejerseys.com has customization for what it is worth, but I guess it comes out a few dollars more than the $155. I don't know if they put numbers on the front or not.

I just picked up my new blue Pominville the other day, i ordered it the day after the jerseys were unveiled if that time frame gives you guys an idea as to how long it will take to get it in. The plus to the whole thing was that i ordered the pro $275 jersey and at the cash register the lady only charged me the replica price, i tried telling her the mistake, but she was very adamant i only give her $150, no complaints here!

Icejerseys.com has customization for what it is worth, but I guess it comes out a few dollars more than the $155. I don't know if they put numbers on the front or not.

I'm also considering purchasing a blank throwback jersey and, in that event, I'd go with icejerseys.com.

Right now, Tallinder, Max, Miller or Pommenville are in the front. I really wish Drury was locked up - great leader

I like all the sabres players, but right now Pominville and Vanik are the 'Cats Meow' to use a very old term.

I too wish Drury was locked up. Kinda makes me think we better win the cup this year.

If it were me, I'd get a throwback blue jersey (ie this year's alternate home jersey), selected as follows:

1. If we knew Connolly was coming back -- he'd be my 1st choice

2. If Drury re-signs -- he'd be my 2nd choice

3. If you're hot to get one now, since we don't know the answers to #1 and #2 above (and likely won't for a few months yet) -- I'd get Miller.

4. If not Miller, I'd get Max.

Well, here's my $0.02, but I know it won't be popular.

I have two sweaters--the original white (not that original; there are no laces, but still, with the crossed sabres and charging buffalo) and the red "third sweater" from the goathead/Elmer's Glue logo years.

Neither has a name or number on the back; I've never wanted one like that.

Just a thing with me, maybe, but all I care about is the team part of it. Players come and go, but the Sabres have been around forever (at least as far as I'm concerned).

If someone wants a player's name and number on the back, just get your favorite. I see folks with Foligno sweaters and folks with Campbell sweaters, even folks with Turgeon sweaters, and it's cool regardless.

EDIT for DeLuca: It's not cool if it's a Zhitnik sweater, though. Satan is ok, but just because of the name.

3-4 weeks supposedly.

Are those for replicas, right?

Are those for replicas, right?

Most likely as the Proweights were well over $200 in past seasons. I doubt they are going to give people a break on sweaters they (NHL & Reebok) don't want to be selling anyways.

I've already told the wife that I want my anniversary and Christmas present to be a "throwback" Spacek, if they ever sell the real thing. :doh:

If someone wants a player's name and number on the back, just get your favorite. I see folks with Foligno sweaters and folks with Campbell sweaters, even folks with Turgeon sweaters, and it's cool regardless.

Word Eleven, word. This past weekend I saw a guy with the original white jersey and it had Howerchuck on the back with his number 10. It was awesome.

As for my two cents, I think that getting a jersey shouldn't be a deciscion you make based on how long the player is locked up for, but rather which player you absolutely love the most. I think if possible the player's attributes should reflect what you love about hockey. If you're a guy who goes for speed, vision and goals, go with Briere or Max. If you love gritty, two-way centers, get Drury or Novotny.

My biggest jersey dilemma has been just that...I have a hard time figuring out which player is my favorite. For what it's worth, my brother just ordered a Roy jersey in the original blue and gold.

Archived