Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

According to WGR, Larry Quinn's press conference is solely about the third jersey being the classic blue road jersey. This is supposed to satiate us? Not nearly enough as long as the slug is still the primary logo.

Edit: Forgot to mention LQ will be on the show at 3:30 before the press conference begins.

?Given the outpouring of fan concern the last few weeks, we decided to make this announcement now instead of September as originally planned. We are still committed and enthusiastic about our new uniform and believe that fans will embrace it once they have a chance to actually see it." Per WGR

This is not what I wanted to hear. Only thing we can do now is NOT BUY THE SLUG. So the new battle cry should be Don't buy the Slug and people should show up to game with Salt shakers and the old jersey.

Hmmmmmm..... <_<

"The Sabres will unveil their new uniform during the week of September 24, at a time and place still to be determined."

PTS, you have some 'splaining to do!

Hell if I know what is going on.

All the media were told to get to the area for a 4pm Presser and jerseys would be unveiled. Looks like the Sabres changed those plans.

opps. at least you were right about the blue and gold this time. :blush:

I was right about that last time too! A lot of people are shaking their heads because no one knows what's going on.

The more I read about this and see what people are saying the more Im getting pissed. This isn't good news and this isn't something to be excited over its the Sabres showing us something we already new was gonna happen to shut us up about the slug. Oooooooh show us the old colors with a mod look to them and we will be distracted by the fact that they new logo which they are confident in will slip right past us. :angry:

?Given the outpouring of fan concern the last few weeks, we decided to make this announcement now instead of September as originally planned. We are still committed and enthusiastic about our new uniform and believe that fans will embrace it once they have a chance to actually see it." Per WGR

This is not what I wanted to hear. Only thing we can do now is NOT BUY THE SLUG. So the new battle cry should be Don't buy the Slug and people should show up to game with Salt shakers and the old jersey.

If anything, the pushback needs to be twice as loud from here on out. The bad PR caused LQ to come out and announce the 3rd jersey plan early. Even greater bad PR may lead to what appears to be the only acceptable solution at this stage of the game -- keeping the black and red for another season until they can get it right. I say we change their commitment and enthusiasm to doubt and gut-wrenching.

LQ just said that the slug is the new logo.

The only good thing is we officially know that we will have a jersey that we can buy that we can live with ... the original. When it outsells the slug 1000-1, they will make the change. Small consolation, but this is the first step toward killing that thing. I was still a bit scared we would not get even this.

umm no he didn't...

Um, yes he did.

He also said that the "throwback" blue will be darker in future seasons (something to do with colormatching gloves and helmets) but the league made them go to a true throwback this season.

Also, Doh'opp and Bullfrog saw the slug back in November.

And, Sabres wanted to keep Benning but he wanted a "desk job" and the Sabres didn't have a position for him in that capacity.

Did you notice that went for the max 15 games??? Just what you want when you unveil a GREAT new uniform.... minimal exposure.

And conveniently, it's a home sweater....minimizing the exposure to the home fans altogether...yeah, they're proud of this new design, and they're sure the fans will be too... <_<

Archived